Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Pre-Order the Pentax KP for a chance to get it FREE!
Posted By: Adam, 01-25-2017, 09:23 PM

Adorama is running a special where one lucky customer who pre-orders through this page will be selected to instead get their camera for free!0

Details:
New Pentax KP - Win one by pre-ordering!

Views: 2,038
01-29-2017, 11:43 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adorama is running a special where one lucky customer who pre-orders through this page will be selected to instead get their camera for free!0

Details:
New Pentax KP - Win one by pre-ordering!
Does it come with a potato peeler?
02-11-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nø.....I do not know how to use one anyway but it comes with a lens mount, much more useful with camears
02-11-2017, 03:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Disappointingly, the flash sync speed is 1/180th of a second. Why can't Pentax improve this spec???

ISO performance seems awesome, but the benefit is narrow compared to the K3 ii specs. Sure, a better camera, but not really a game changer.

I have to admit - buying a K3ii seems to be as good as this camera except for the few 'improvement' that might represent a 10% or even less functionality advantage. hmmmm

02-11-2017, 03:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Disappointingly, the flash sync speed is 1/180th of a second. Why can't Pentax improve this spec???

ISO performance seems awesome, but the benefit is narrow compared to the K3 ii specs. Sure, a better camera, but not really a game changer.

I have to admit - buying a K3ii seems to be as good as this camera except for the few 'improvement' that might represent a 10% or even less functionality advantage. hmmmm
I don't think it's for you - wait for the K3ii replacement
02-11-2017, 03:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I don't think it's for you - wait for the K3ii replacement
But this is the K3ii replacement?

I agree it performs better in certain ways, but the applicability of this benefit is minor (e.g. i do not intent to shoot at ISO >1600 very often at all). I think it looks like a 'better' K3ii for nearly twice the price. Marketing at play here to make $$$$$
02-11-2017, 04:35 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But this is the K3ii replacement?
not according to our in the know people

02-11-2017, 04:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

ok

excerpt from the adorama info section obtained through the above link

"After spending much of the last year focusing on its full-frame format sensor-based DSLR, Ricoh today announced the Pentax KP, an update of its flagship APS-sensor DSLR. The new model, which takes the place of the 2-year-old Pentax K-3 II in the Pentax brand lineup, features increases in its top ISO and a super-fast top electronic shutter speed, plus improved autofocus performance and Shake Reduction, and the welcome addition of built-in Wi-Fi."

So something better is on its way ?
02-11-2017, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

ok

excerpt from the adorama info section obtained through the above link

"After spending much of the last year focusing on its full-frame format sensor-based DSLR, Ricoh today announced the Pentax KP, an update of its flagship APS-sensor DSLR. The new model, which takes the place of the 2-year-old Pentax K-3 II in the Pentax brand lineup, features increases in its top ISO and a super-fast top electronic shutter speed, plus improved autofocus performance and Shake Reduction, and the welcome addition of built-in Wi-Fi."

So something better is on its way ?
This has been discussed extensively.

There was unfortunately some unclear language in the US Press announcement of the KP leading some websites, reviewers and Adorama to mistakenly call this camera the APSc flagship. I have had direct conversation with a senior Ricoh Imaging US manager clarifying KP is not the K-3 replacement. The PF hands-on preview at WPPI implies KP represents a 4th line / price point in the Pentax K-mount camera offering (and mentions an additional information omission by US marketing - read it).

I was told all owners of websites listing incorrect information had been emailed a correction. Apparently Adorama didn't get the message.
02-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

This scenario has played out numerous times on here and on the 'other' forums (including my own freak out ).. It is amazing how, once something is released online, it is really hard to contain it.
02-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #11
Veteran Member

No worries. Then I await the flagship announcement then

At least my 'flagship test' was in focus. If it were a flagship camera then it was definitely a fail in my books.