Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Canon Pro Photo Printer + Paper: $79 after MIR
Posted By: Adam, 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Get this Canon Prima PRO-100 printer for $79 after a $50 instant rebate and $250 mail in rebate.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

You will see the lower price of $329 in cart.

Views: 2,329
02-14-2017, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For starters, you might want to turn down the brightness of you monitor. The default setting usually is way too bright for printing. Also, take a look at the Print Studio Pro software that came with the PRO-100, specifically the Pattern Print option. When you use this option for Brightness, you get on a single sheet of paper a series of small prints each showing small adjustments in brightness with the amount of brightness applied. You pick the image you like best and then adjust the brightness slider a corresponding amount for future printing. There are also Pattern Prints for color and contrast.

02-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
For starters, you might want to turn down the brightness of you monitor. The default setting usually is way too bright for printing. Also, take a look at the Print Studio Pro software that came with the PRO-100, specifically the Pattern Print option. When you use this option for Brightness, you get on a single sheet of paper a series of small prints each showing small adjustments in brightness with the amount of brightness applied. You pick the image you like best and then adjust the brightness slider a corresponding amount for future printing. There are also Pattern Prints for color and contrast.
I didn't know that. Can you elaborate on this a bit?
02-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, but I don't have access to the software right now to provide further details. Also, If I recall correctly, you need Lightroom or Photoshop to launch the software. There is a later version of the software available from the Canon site, but I don't know if this allows for standalone operation.

Update. You also can launch Print Studio Pro via Elements

Last edited by West Penn; 02-14-2017 at 07:34 AM. Reason: updating
02-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
Sorry, but I don't have access to the software right now to provide further details. Also, If I recall correctly, you need Lightroom or Photoshop to launch the software. There is a later version of the software available from the Canon site, but I don't know if this allows for standalone operation.

Update. You also can launch Print Studio Pro via Elements
No standalone operation unfortunately, even in the update. It is a plug-in only.

From the doc :

Print Studio Pro is a plug-in software that you can start from
following application programs.

- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Digital Photo Professional

02-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
No standalone operation unfortunately, even in the update. It is a plug-in only.

From the doc :

Print Studio Pro is a plug-in software that you can start from
following application programs.

- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Digital Photo Professional
I'll fire up my Creative Cloud Lightroom and try it later. Thanks.
02-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer arrived today

Received my new canon Pixma pro-100 today. Bought one 18 months ago with the same B&H deal. The printer that arrived today, the pixma pro 100 seems to be a newer model number and the software that comes with it is ver 2.0 for windows 10, the older printer came with ver 1.2 for windows 8.1. Glad to see they are sending
the newer printers rather than older stock they had in a warehouse. Great deal
Hank
02-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by oneeyedhawk Quote
Received my new canon Pixma pro-100 today. Bought one 18 months ago with the same B&H deal. The printer that arrived today, the pixma pro 100 seems to be a newer model number and the software that comes with it is ver 2.0 for windows 10, the older printer came with ver 1.2 for windows 8.1. Glad to see they are sending
the newer printers rather than older stock they had in a warehouse. Great deal
Hank
I haven't opened mine yet. It came yesterday. Tomorrow I'll post up what mine is.