Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Canon Pro Photo Printer + Paper: $79 after MIR
Posted By: Adam, 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Get this Canon Prima PRO-100 printer for $79 after a $50 instant rebate and $250 mail in rebate.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

You will see the lower price of $329 in cart.

Views: 2,333
02-06-2017, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thats the printer I use. I love it.
02-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah I got one through a similar deal, and it is great. It's huge, and takes a little experimentation to get the best results, but it makes lovely prints.
02-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It looks like the promo discount is still live!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #5

I bought the Pro 100 S, practically the same printer. This is an awesome deal if you live in the right location!

I do have some questions since I haven't mastered the printer at all. Anyone know of some useful resources I can read up on? Or useful insights made after testing around? UncleVanya or Nick?
02-12-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this deal.

I have an earlier version of this printer that I bought a few years ago. Its been a great printer, reliable and very high-quality prints. Its getting hard to find ink for my current printer, so I will get this one to replace it.
02-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bistrovogna Quote
I bought the Pro 100 S, practically the same printer. This is an awesome deal if you live in the right location!

I do have some questions since I haven't mastered the printer at all. Anyone know of some useful resources I can read up on? Or useful insights made after testing around? UncleVanya or Nick?
I am not sure. What are you looking for?

02-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like the promo discount is still live!
It was as of this afternoon

BTW, B&H is very proactive about ensuring the buyer receives the Rebate Form, proper instructions and resources and email reminders. Hard Rebates (cut out the UPC and send it in) are a pain, but B&H goes the extra mile to ensure the buyer receives the money.
02-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It was as of this afternoon
I'm not seeing how to get the printer for $79.
It is $379.99 in cart with $250 rebate, net $129.99.

The instant rebate appears to be applied to the paper, not the printer.

If you only want the printer without the paper, you cannot get it for $79.
02-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
I'm not seeing how to get the printer for $79.
It is $379.99 in cart with $250 rebate, net $129.99.

The instant rebate appears to be applied to the paper, not the printer.

If you only want the printer without the paper, you cannot get it for $79.
The Rebate actually requires purchase of the printer AND the paper, for a $250 Rebate. You get the instant rebate on the paper and $200 off the printer, so the final cost of the printer is $129 out of pocket.
02-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

The Rebate actually requires purchase of the printer AND the paper, for a $250 Rebate. You get the instant rebate on the paper and $200 off the printer, so the final cost of the printer is $129 out of pocket.
OK. Then this is the same deal I got last month from Adorama.

In that case, I think the subject of this post is misleading.
It states : "Canon Pro Photo Printer + Paper: $79 after MIR", meaning you can get both printer and paper for a net of $79.

Adam also stated "you will see the lower $329 price in cart", but it now shows $379 in cart.

So, I think most likely the deal is over.
02-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Huh. I never expected to actually pay $79 for the printer. I was happy before.
02-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I am not sure. What are you looking for?
UncleVanya: color profiles (how important are they?), display calibration (prints are way darker than my monitor) and what program should I use for printing (I don't have PS)!
02-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huh. I never expected to actually pay $79 for the printer. I was happy before.
When this deal was in effect, the net price after instant B&H discount and the Canon rebate was $79. This got you the printer and paper. This deal is no longer in effect. While the deal was in effect, the $379 price was changed to $329 when you added the item to the your cart, a reflection of B&H's instant rebate of $50. After sending in the paperwork and the UPC from the printer box, Canon sends you a gift card of $250. Such deals have been going on for years.

If you have the PRO-100 (or other Canon photo printers), you should keep an eye on the Canon web site as they routinely have some excellent deals on photo paper. They've had deals like buy one and get four more free. I've even seen buy one get nine free. Canon also offers deals on ink purchases, where you buy the ink and get paper free. And then there's Precision Colors ink if you're interested in refilling ink cartridges with non-OEM inks.
02-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bistrovogna Quote
UncleVanya: color profiles (how important are they?), display calibration (prints are way darker than my monitor) and what program should I use for printing (I don't have PS)!
I'm still learning. I do not have a calibration sensor for my monitor and so I'm winging it a bit. It's not the most effective option.