Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Tamron 70-200 - $599
Posted By: rrstuff, 02-24-2017, 02:00 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

NEW TAMRON SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di MACRO LENS for PENTAX Cameras A001P

Canadian ebay store. They used to run ~$600 K-3s a couple of years ago.
Views: 1,353
02-25-2017, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just thought I'd mention that this is the eBay store for Carman's Foto Source who is an authorized dealer. So you will get the full manufacturer warranty with this lens.

Nice find. It seems they list these at this price regularly.
02-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
Just thought I'd mention that this is the eBay store for Carman's Foto Source who is an authorized dealer. So you will get the full manufacturer warranty with this lens.

Nice find. It seems they list these at this price regularly.

On an off-chance, do you happen to know what is the store selling from those guys and if they are an authorized dealer?

quickndone on eBay

They seem to have similar deals.
02-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
a5m
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
On an off-chance, do you happen to know what is the store selling from those guys and if they are an authorized dealer?

quickndone on eBay

They seem to have similar deals.
Oh yes I remember this seller. They are not Carman's Foto Source but are affiliated with them. This is confirmed by reports of items people receive from them having Carman's Foto Source Return Address on the package.

I had looked them up a couple years ago and had messaged them regarding whether or not they were an authorized dealer. At the time it was a K-3 camera I was looking at purchasing from them and this was their response:

QuoteQuote:
These come from an authorized dealer, but we are not directly the authorized dealer.

We have never had anyone that had an issue getting warranty service before, if there was ever an issue we would send you a prepaid UPS return label to get the camera back to us and we would send it to Pentax Canada. That way there is no charge to you for any warranty service.

Thanks
Then two follow up responses:

QuoteQuote:
The invoice will come from us, not the authorized dealer.

Thanks

Quickndone
QuoteQuote:
We are just a small eBay retailer, unfortunately we don't have a support line. If warranty service is required you should be able to contact us through eBay or directly with our email address. You would get the email address from us when you send payment to our paypal.

Thanks
In summary buying from quickndone is the same as buying from Prodigital2000 aka Carman's Foto Source and you should be covered by the manufacturer warranty. Hope that helps.

02-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have purchased several lenses from Prodigital2000 and never had an issue. I have one of these Tamron 70-200's. If you are in the US you would have to send to them most likely for warranty service. All the lenses I have purchased have been brand new in an unopened box.