Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate for $14.99
Posted By: Greg18, 04-19-2017, 10:51 AM

Corel has Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate for Windows + ParticleShop (5-Brush Starter Pack) (Digital Download) on sale for $14.99. Important Note, in cart uncheck the "download insurance" box to see this price. Paint Shop Pro || Online Store
Views: 4,221
04-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice catch, Greg. At that price, I had to bite... 12.99 in the UK, not bad at all
04-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #3

Agree with what he said. You can't go wrong for that $14,99. I've got X8 Ultimate, so it's not much of an upgrade, but it includes AfterShot 3 and other items. This is the full version of X9. I noticed that the upgrade prices for previous owners of PSP is 39.99.

---------- Post added 04-19-17 at 03:47 PM ----------

Just checked and the link doesn't work any more. Perhaps it was an error in pricing that was eventually recognized and corrected.
04-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just checked it out. I believe that this may be a malware link to a virus. I would not recommend even clicking on the OP's link.

04-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I just checked it out. I believe that this may be a malware link to a virus. I would not recommend even clicking on the OP's link.
I'm curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

I spent my $14.99, got six download links that I can access until May 19th, the security keys for PaintShop Pro X9 and AfterShot 3, along with four other downloads. I also got confirmation emails and my credit card was charged $14.99. If this is some sort of virus, it's got to be the most sophisticated one around.

In any event, I'm not worried in the slightest.
04-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I bought it, great deal at $49,99 cdn. I can now dump my old Lightroom version
04-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am not an expert but it was a page on Corel site.
I think that it was a limited time or # of redemption sale.
04-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, it's legit. The transaction goes through a company called Cleverbridge and is a one-time payment. It seems Cleverbridge offer revenue growth and payment solutions, so I believe this promotion is something they're doing to increase Corel's customer base (Corel's name is shown on their corporate page as one of their key business relationships).

All items downloaded successfully, license keys received, software successfully registered with Corel and confirmation e-mails received from them too

It's worth bearing in mind that this Ultimate package includes Aftershot 3, not Aftershot Pro 3. Anyone looking for something even close to Lightroom capabilities will want to upgrade to Aftershot Pro 3, which you can do currently for another $14.99 (see how these things work? ). Still good value, though.

I'm not impressed with the noise reduction in Aftershot 3 or Aftershot Pro 3... however, the Digital Noise Reduction tool in Paintshop Pro is decent. Used together, I can see this package as a potential alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop.

04-20-2017, 04:27 AM - 2 Likes   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm not impressed with the noise reduction in Aftershot 3 or Aftershot Pro 3... however, the Digital Noise Reduction tool in Paintshop Pro is decent. Used together, I can see this package as a potential alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop.
If you're not aware, there are a number of plugins available for Aftershot at AfterShot Pro Plug-ins, one of which is Wavelet Denoise. Only the 64 bit plugins work with aftershot 3 or aftershot pro 3, and they're all free except the graduated filter plugin.
04-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
If you're not aware, there are a number of plugins available for Aftershot at AfterShot Pro Plug-ins, one of which is Wavelet Denoise. Only the 64 bit plugins work with aftershot 3 or aftershot pro 3, and they're all free except the graduated filter plugin.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll definitely take a look at Wavelet Denoise!
04-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Must have been a mistake they corrected now. The link leads to a page they do not seem to know about. When I reach the regular site it shows $79.00
04-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Must have been a mistake as you say. Its $89 in Australia. 10% off.
04-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think it was a mistake. I have PSP X8 and every now and then I received an upgrade offer for $24.99. I finally bit the bullet. Sounds like they lowered the price a bit more but the same tactic: offer lower rate, drop offer, renew offer, drop offer, etc. I'd just wait until they renew the offer and jump on it. I also thought it was a scam, I even posted a thread on it.

Coral PaintShop Pro8 / Aftershot 2 users - PentaxForums.com
04-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
I'm curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

I spent my $14.99, got six download links that I can access until May 19th, the security keys for PaintShop Pro X9 and AfterShot 3, along with four other downloads. I also got confirmation emails and my credit card was charged $14.99. If this is some sort of virus, it's got to be the most sophisticated one around.

In any event, I'm not worried in the slightest.

I used the link. And immediately afterwards, my computer started acting up, like it had a virus.

Rebooted, and did a virus scan and found nothing.

So, probably nothing to worry about. But I got pretty excited when after using the link everything went crazy...
04-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #15

I used the link. And immediately afterwards, my computer started acting up, like it had a virus.

Rebooted, and did a virus scan and found nothing.

So, probably nothing to worry about. But I got pretty excited when after using the link everything went crazy...
I'd be thinking the same way had that happened to me. Glad everything worked out.

Too bad you missed out on this deal. It's quite a package for the price.