Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
10% Off Pentax K-1 and KP ends June 9th!
Posted By: Mr Bassie, 06-04-2017, 09:16 AM

B&H is offering 10% off the K1 and KP.

K-1 is $1707.25

Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 19568 B&H Photo Video

K-P is $987.25 (w/ free 50mm lens)

Pentax KP DSLR Camera (Body Only, Black) 16018 B&H Photo Video

Views: 2,530
06-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow.. $1700 and change... for a 36mpx FF. That is an unfair price. And look at that D-FA 70-200 going cheaper by almost $200 as well. Its been the lowest at $1600. If I have not had bought these few months ago.. I would have pulled the trigger today. I am still short on the D-FA24-70 which I am struggling to fit into my budget this year.
These prices are compelling for sure.

06-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like the KP comes with a free 50mm lens as well, and the K-1 comes with a free memory card and bag. Hard to resist!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #18
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Italy until 31st August, a 300 euro refund on the K1 body, delivering a "working" reflex not earlier than 2008 or 200 euros for a compact or smartphone.

I'm undecided whether to buy it or wait for the next K?

Moreover it was said that the Pentax bayonet had problems with the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM or vice versa, can anyone tell me if the problem exists or is it resolved?

Pentax K-1 Supervalutazione

Greetings Mario
06-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
In Italy until 31st August, a 300 euro refund on the K1 body, delivering a "working" reflex not earlier than 2008 or 200 euros for a compact or smartphone.

I'm undecided whether to buy it or wait for the next K?

Moreover it was said that the Pentax bayonet had problems with the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM or vice versa, can anyone tell me if the problem exists or is it resolved?

Pentax K-1 Supervalutazione

Greetings Mario
The K-1 isn't being replaced any time soon. I don't believe there are any FW issues with the OS HSM 70-200mm, only the HSM II.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #20
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Adam,

So no user with the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM noticed any contact with the K-1 mirror or other. If the problem does not exist
I do not understand why when the K-1 came out, Sigma spoke of a free modification of Sigma lenses (those that were out of order).

I have read this post in pentaxforums and an other in the Sigma site.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/pentax-related-news/sigma-announces-le...-with-k-1.html

Saluti Mario

Last edited by maw; 06-06-2017 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added data
06-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thank you Adam,

So no user with the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM noticed any contact with the K-1 mirror or othr. If the problem does not exist
I do not understand why when the K-1 came out, Sigma spoke of a free modification of Sigma lenses (those that were out of order).

I have read this post in pentaxforums and an other in the Sigma site.

Sigma Announces Lens Compatibility Issues with K-1 - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Saluti Mario
Sorry, thought you were talking about firmware issues. Yes, you'd have to get your 70-200mm serviced to fix the mount issue. Sigma will do it for free.

Adam

06-06-2017, 12:29 AM   #22
Pentaxian

any contact with the K-1 mirror
?? There was never any issue with Sigma lenses coming in contact with the camera mirror.

The issue with Sigma lenses was the possibility of causing a small scratch on the camera body above the lens mount ring when certain Sigma lenses were mounted on the K-1.

As a secondary issue, a small set of Sigma lenses also needed their firmware updated to work properly with the K-1.
06-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by kdcrev Quote
How long might these deals stay active?
Looks like they now end on June 9th, at the same time as B&H closes for the weekend.

Adam

06-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #24
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
The issue with Sigma lenses was the possibility of causing a small scratch on the camera body above the lens mount ring when certain Sigma lenses were mounted on the K-1.
Thanks Adam and rawr,

I had heard of this problem, but I understood it was the camera's inner mirror, however, to get more information, I sent an email to Sigma. Then I'll see what they answer.

Greetings Mario
06-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm not positive this covers anything past the K-3 II. You should check with Ricoh
Per this thread B&H say Ricoh confirms it does cover it.
06-07-2017, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks Adam and rawr,

I had heard of this problem, but I understood it was the camera's inner mirror, however, to get more information, I sent an email to Sigma. Then I'll see what they answer.

Greetings Mario
No it's not the mirror, it's the part of the external camera body just above the top of the lens mount. There's a picture of what the damage looks like here:

Sigma Announces Lens Mounting Issue with K-70 - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam

06-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #27
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Adam,

I guessed later that this was a possible scratch on the outside of the camera, but I think, only on the K1.

Today I received the answer from Sigma in Germany here the answer, if it can be useful to some other user.

QuoteQuote:
Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for messaging. You can find the description of the problem here: Use of Pentax mount SIGMA interchangeable lenses when attached to the ?Pentax K-1 - SIGMA CORPORATION

You can send your lens to your nearest SIGMA service department to fix the problem. You can find a list of all SIGMA services here: World network | About SIGMA | SIGMA GLOBAL VISION

Or you can send your lens with a description of the problem and your contact data to SIGMA Germany.

But please let me tell you that we have to charge the shipping costs to you, which are around 36, - €.

Greetings, Mario