Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
Pentax 645D on eBay - $1000!
Posted By: gatorguy, 09-01-2017, 01:40 PM

...for $1000? I started to hit the seller up and buy it, but it's not anything I'd use and just resell. Someone here might want to give it shot.

Last edited by Adam; 09-01-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: malicious link
Views: 1,153
09-01-2017, 01:48 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Link removed as this looks like a phishing attempt outside of ebay (as is usually the case with these "too good to be true" offers. There is no buy it now button and the link instead takes you to an insecure web form hosted on a suspicious domain. I have reported the listing as fraudulent.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well then that's a good move Adam. The seller had a good rating (supposedly) but I didn't note that the transaction was expected to take place outside eBay, a dangerous thing to do from a buyer standpoint. Lesson learned to read more closely.
09-01-2017, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately this kind of stuff is getting more and more prolific on the web. I hope ebay will help secure the account. I think it's a legitimate seller account that has been compromised, as all of the fraudulent listings went live at the same time, suggesting an automated hack. Prior listings seem to offer antique items and appear legitimate.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: