Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
[Australia] Another 20% off eBay sale
Posted By: rawr, 10-16-2017, 09:32 PM

20% off technology from a range of Australian eBay sellers, including Pentax/Sigma/Vanguard/DJI/Metz etc reseller dcxpert:

Tech Sale - 20% off with code PLUG20

QuoteQuote:
This offer commences at 10.00 (AEDT) on 17 October 2017 and ends at 23.59 (AEDT) on 23 October 2017 (“Offer Period”).
The offer entitles you to a 20% discount off the purchase price (excluding postage) at Participating Stores on eBay.com.au during the Offer Period, up to a maximum discount of $1000 per transaction.
Terms and conditions, and participating sellers:

eBay.com.au - Pages | Buyer coupons | plug20 |

Some good deals scattered throughout.

Eg - with dcxpert, DFA 70-200 comes down to $2199, K-1 body (black) down to $1879 (!), FA50 f1.4 down to $279.
Views: 520
10-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #2

I've been trying to click the Add to cart for the FA 43 for the past 6 hours already...I can't do it. Already spent too much on the K-1...
10-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the heads up, Rawr. Hot on the heels of the Pentax Au 15% sale too.

DA 20-40 Ltd $929 -> $743. Hmmm
10-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DC Experts

Pentax K1 AU $1879.20 with the coupon code. Pity I don't need another.

10-19-2017, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Eebll Quote
Pentax K1 AU $1879.20 with the coupon code. Pity I don't need another.
Both Canon and Nikon have been running discounts on their full-frame offerings, lately, so this puts a bit of pressure back on them, in the Australian market.
10-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Both Canon and Nikon have been running discounts on their full-frame offerings, lately, so this puts a bit of pressure back on them, in the Australian market.
True. A K-1 at that price is awesome.

But recently some brands (Nikon and Sony in particular), have been offering major discounts on a regular cycle. You have even sometimes been able to stack discounts - eg buy factory refurbed camera (ie already discounted because refurbed), from a eBay seller while eBay is offering 20% discounts, then you can get a factory cash rebate on the purchase. Stiff competition for Pentax.

As a related comment, it's a pity that Pentax Australia doesn't seem to have any sellers of factory refurbished Pentax gear with full warranty that I can find, like you can find locally with Nikon and Sony.
10-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

But recently some brands (Nikon and Sony in particular), have been offering major discounts on a regular cycle. You have even sometimes been able to stack discounts - eg buy factory refurbed camera (ie already discounted because refurbed), from a eBay seller while eBay is offering 20% discounts, then you can get a factory cash rebate on the purchase. Stiff competition for Pentax.

As a related comment, it's a pity that Pentax Australia doesn't seem to have any sellers of factory refurbished Pentax gear with full warranty that I can find, like you can find locally with Nikon and Sony.
I bet the others have more stock to move than Pentax, and with the stacked discounts they can't be making much, if any, money on those sales. The interesting thing I'm noticing on this current European trip is the very small proportion of Sony A7/A9 cameras around, so I can't help wondering if Nikon is trying to keep Sony at a distant third place, especially now the D850 is here and taking some of the shine off the A9.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 10-20-2017 at 08:25 PM.
10-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #8
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Probably because we don't like to let go of such good gear lol