Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Robert's Camera Black Friday - 10-20% off
Posted By: Dipsoid, 11-18-2017, 09:38 AM

Robert's Camera, or usedphotopro.com has a great promotion going on right now, 10% off all digital bodies, 10% off lenses over 500$, 15% off lenses less than 500$, and 20% off medium format bodies. I have not previously bought from them, but from what I've read online their ratings aren't quite as conservative as KEH, but their prices are good and customer service is excellent. I did pick up a lens for my medium format system and the price was fantastic compared to what I've been watching for.

Black Friday Started Early at UsedPhotoPro!

Last edited by Dipsoid; 11-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Views: 1,279
11-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #2

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at their website. I've bought from KEH and they are usually accurate with their descriptions.
11-18-2017, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #3
mee
Veteran Member

I've bought two items (kenko teleconverter and a Sigma telezoom) from them this year. Both were clean and in good working condition. I have no idea about their support since I haven't needed to use it, but I'd do business with them again..

One thing to watch for, however, is if they have multiple copies of an item in stock -- look at each of them. Some will be priced and rated the same but not include the lens hood or the case. The images are the actual item so check to see all is in the images.
11-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of days ago, I got their black Friday sale email and went to their website to check it out. I picked out an item. The item listing said on it "Free Shipping." It did not say something like "elligible for Free Shipping if you purchase X amount total" or something like that. However, when I went to check out, there was NO free shipping option. The cheapest was close to $9.00. With the difference, the item ceased to be a bargain over what I could get it on 'bay. I guess I will check back in a few days. Maybe they didn't update their website completely to reflect all of the bargains they were promoting. If they haven't fixed the problem by then, I guess I'll phone them and try to get it straightened out. I have bought from them before, and sold them a few lenses I didn't want, also. Never had any problem. Others, watch for the shipping price issue, too, if they haven't corrected the problem.

11-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Roberts is good at fast shipping and usually is free over 49.00 or so. Sometimes the items that are in rough condition don't get the free shipping. I have bought from them and been happy. They seem to use an automated system on make an offer bids that is lame but they still sell a lot of Pentax gear so they are a definite place to look when you want something you can't find here in the forums.
11-19-2017, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This year have purchased a Pentax macro tube extension set, lens and K5IIs.
Yesterday ordered a digital data "M" film back for my Super Program, went to check out and it gave me 15% off and free shipping($34 total).

My experience has been very good with Robert's

Clarence
11-19-2017, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
A couple of days ago, I got their black Friday sale email and went to their website to check it out. I picked out an item. The item listing said on it "Free Shipping." It did not say something like "elligible for Free Shipping if you purchase X amount total" or something like that. However, when I went to check out, there was NO free shipping option. ........ .
I made a purchase at Adorama the other day ("free expedited shipping") and it came up with a $13 shipping charge (same as you with no free shipping option listed in the drop down). I called and they told me free shipping only applied to a physical address. It kind of bugged me because my address listed the physical address and my PO Box which is used by many shippers. I had them remove the PO box and the order went through as advertised. Probably because they use FedEx which will refuse the order if a PO box is listed. You might check next time to see if this is a similar case with Roberts.

11-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I made a purchase at Adorama the other day ("free expedited shipping") and it came up with a $13 shipping charge (same as you with no free shipping option listed in the drop down). I called and they told me free shipping only applied to a physical address. It kind of bugged me because my address listed the physical address and my PO Box which is used by many shippers. I had them remove the PO box and the order went through as advertised. Probably because they use FedEx which will refuse the order if a PO box is listed. You might check next time to see if this is a similar case with Roberts.
I was just looking at usedphotpro.com again, and this time clicked on the free shipping designation on an item Iisting I was interested in, and it brought up a page with a LO-ong list of several details that free shipping depends on. Far down the list was 'no free shipping to PO Boxes.' My official mailing address is a PO box; they can ask my local postmaster if they don't believe me. I can put my physical address down instead, and still get packages, but it's kind of disrespectful to the good people who work in my local post office who have to look up what my PO Box is when they find I'm not on the rural delivery list. Would it break usedphotopro's arm to put "See Exceptions" under the "Free Shipping" logo on item listings? The item I was originally interested in a few days ago isn't there anymore.

When I have shopped for new film at Adorama, I always found their shipping prices way higher than for the same items at B&H. Perhaps it's because Adorama charges more to ship to PO Boxes?
11-20-2017, 09:19 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
I was just looking at usedphotpro.com again, and this time clicked on the free shipping designation on an item Iisting I was interested in, and it brought up a page with a LO-ong list of several details that free shipping depends on. Far down the list was 'no free shipping to PO Boxes.' My official mailing address is a PO box; they can ask my local postmaster if they don't believe me. I can put my physical address down instead, and still get packages, but it's kind of disrespectful to the good people who work in my local post office who have to look up what my PO Box is when they find I'm not on the rural delivery list. Would it break usedphotopro's arm to put "See Exceptions" under the "Free Shipping" logo on item listings? The item I was originally interested in a few days ago isn't there anymore.

When I have shopped for new film at Adorama, I always found their shipping prices way higher than for the same items at B&H. Perhaps it's because Adorama charges more to ship to PO Boxes?
That's the reason I had my physical address and PO Box listed in my Adorama address although my local post office is familiar enough with me to know my PO box when it isn't listed, but I totally agree that more dealers should have USPS as an option. I believe I've ordered from B&H and they use USPS as their discount rate (or maybe free). USPS delivers fast and I can get the package in a secured box accessible anytime. I've had terrible luck with FedEx and would just as soon they go away. I think though, that FedEx has negotiated some "bargain" rates with some dealers who use them and if a PO box shows up in the address, FedEx usually won't accept the parcel. That's discriminatory on FedEx's part. Another thing that bothers me is that if PO boxes aren't allowed, the extended zip code (which usually correlates to a PO number) should be and often that isn't the case. Many dealers don't provide room for the extended zip. Given that, I can understand that some dealers might be reluctant to allow PO boxes in an effort to cut down on fraud since a lot of fraudulent purchases are sent to PO boxes.

Certainly though, if a physical address is provided and a PO Box is listed, it shouldn't disqualify "free shipping". It's easy to ignore a listed PO Box.

That's my 2 cents on some ordering and shipping issues.

Many apologies in advance for getting off the thread topic. Back to Black Friday!!!

Last edited by Bob 256; 11-20-2017 at 09:26 PM.