Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
KP $695, K-1 $1520 after Amazon prime credit card 20% rebate!
Posted By: mike.hiran, 12-18-2017, 06:09 PM

Got an alert from a person on DPR who noticed a K1 can be bought on Amazon with an extra 15% rebate if you use an Amazon store card or Amazon credit card. So the silver is on sale (and in stock) for $870 which brings my total to $695.

You won't see the offer on the item page, but in checkout under payment method it will say in blue "items with additional rewards" and when you click through that blue text this is the terms and conditions that pop up:

Prime Card Bonus Offer: Get 5% Back, and additional 15% Back on the amount charged to this card
Get 20% Back: Get a total of 20% Back on select holiday gift item purchases shipped and sold by Amazon.com and made using your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. That’s an extra 15% Back in addition to the 5% Back you earn on Amazon.com purchases with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Offer good while supplies last. This promotional offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card at Amazon.com. Extra % Back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles. To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.

Sweet.

Views: 4,089
12-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Looks like I wasn't very clear in my initial post - the KP silver is on sale for $870 so after the 20% off, that brings it to $695. The black version of the KP is 900, so 20% off would equal $720.
The K1 is priced at $1900 so after 20% off, that brings that to $1520.

In regards to the "rebate" - after you pay off your credit card, the "rebate" shows up as a payment option where you can choose to make future purchases using this amount or you can continue to use the credit card that is part of your account. So you will not have the option of getting cash back, but for our family, we buy enough on Amazon that it'll be easy to use it for normal purchases we would otherwise make anyway.

Just wanted to clear that up in case someone had some ?'s as to how this worked...
12-18-2017, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am jealous at you guys over there!
12-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
I am jealous at you guys over there!
PakinJapan. Ditto. I'm in Hamamatsu and always wondering why Pentax costs more in Japan than in the US.

12-19-2017, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Looks like I wasn't very clear in my initial post - the KP silver is on sale for $870 so after the 20% off, that brings it to $695. The black version of the KP is 900, so 20% off would equal $720.
The K1 is priced at $1900 so after 20% off, that brings that to $1520.

In regards to the "rebate" - after you pay off your credit card, the "rebate" shows up as a payment option where you can choose to make future purchases using this amount or you can continue to use the credit card that is part of your account. So you will not have the option of getting cash back, but for our family, we buy enough on Amazon that it'll be easy to use it for normal purchases we would otherwise make anyway.

Just wanted to clear that up in case someone had some ?'s as to how this worked...
another option on Amazon worth looking at is the Amazon Smile program

" What is AmazonSmile?

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support. . . .

How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?

The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. . . . "

About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-19-2017 at 04:29 AM.
12-19-2017, 04:20 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax D-FA24-70, D-FA28-105 are also a part of this promotion.
No D-FA*70-200, D-FA150-450 though.

Note that the tax is still applicable so it is effectively less than 20% but still the best deal given the 24-70 is at its lowest price right now.
12-19-2017, 05:51 AM   #7
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by travelour Quote
PakinJapan. Ditto. I'm in Hamamatsu and always wondering why Pentax costs more in Japan than in the US.
These prices do not include state sales tax. In some areas, such as where I live, that is around 10% more. Still a discount but not as attractive as it looks on the surface.

12-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another note to clarify this promotion : I think you have to be an Amazon Prime member. Membership is not free. So, take that into account too.

I quietly ordered the D-FA 28-105mm. It doesn’t seem to be on sale anywhere so this was the best deal. I’ll the 20% in my Chase credit card rewards. The rewards are as good as cash since they can be used as a statement credit or I can recycle the money back into Amazon with another order.
12-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by travelour Quote
I couldn't agree more. It used to be cheaper than in the US back in K5's day. I remember I used to buy only new lenses because new lense's price is about the same as used lens's price here on this forum.

Well, we have very large used market here. If the higher price at home is a policy to force me to buy only used products, then it is their call.
12-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same deals also on the other DFA lenses and the Samyang/Rokinon lenses as well.
12-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by mike.hiran Quote
Got an alert from a person on DPR who noticed a K1 can be bought on Amazon with an extra 15% rebate if you use an Amazon store card or Amazon credit card. So the silver is on sale (and in stock) for $870 which brings my total to $695.

You won't see the offer on the item page, but in checkout under payment method it will say in blue "items with additional rewards" and when you click through that blue text this is the terms and conditions that pop up:

Prime Card Bonus Offer: Get 5% Back, and additional 15% Back on the amount charged to this card
Get 20% Back: Get a total of 20% Back on select holiday gift item purchases shipped and sold by amazon.com and made using your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. That’s an extra 15% Back in addition to the 5% Back you earn on Amazon.com purchases with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Offer good while supplies last. This promotional offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card at Amazon.com. Extra % Back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles. To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.

Sweet.

?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Been watching for a price drop on the 28-105 for over a year now with no success. Even though we pay sales tax it's the best price I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the tip!
Chris
12-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #12
Forum Member

That's a great find, but a bit disappointing that it only applies to stuff sold by Amazon, which then has a massive sales tax tacked onto the full price. Tempting, but I'll probably end up skipping it.
12-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Forum Member

Do I need to already have the Amazon credit card to see the offer?
12-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nayu Quote
Do I need to already have the Amazon credit card to see the offer?
Try this link to see if it works and you may type "pentax" to search all qualified Pentax items then.

Good luck!

Last edited by jcdog2006; 12-22-2017 at 05:44 PM.
12-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
Forum Member

Something that I just noticed, that might matter to other folks also disappointed about the sales tax - the Amazon fine print clearly states that your 20% extra cash back applies to "the amount charged to the card". So, while you're probably paying a couple hundred in tax, you're also getting the 20% off that amount. Not ideal, but a small consolation... enough that I'll probably pick up a KP.