Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread

Rokinon 24 tilt shift $567.06 Amazon - 13 left
Posted By: clickclick, 01-02-2018, 05:16 PM

Looks like Amazon is doing an inventory price drop/clearance of some sort. The Rokinon TSL24M-P 24/3.5 tilt shift is currently $567.06 - only 13 left in stock:

amazon.com : Rokinon TSL24M-P 24mm f/3.5 Tilt Shift Lens for Pentax KAF Cameras : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Views: 3,597
01-13-2018, 07:42 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My order finally arrived as well, yesterday, and as I suspected based on others' experiences, it contained the wrong lens, with a mismatched barcode label on the box. The lens that I received was not a Rokinon 24mm Cine lens, though, but rather a Samyang 16mm f/2.0 one. I emailed Amazon to explain the situation and request a replacement, which is now on its way. Maybe they've cleared up the inventory issues and I'll get the right lens. (Congrats, Chris, on receiving the right one.)

01-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #32

Rokinon 24mm TS Lottery

Wow, I feel like I won the lottery.
Sorry to hear about your mix up too.
I hope that you all get your correct lens soon.
And I'll be seeing your pictures in the TS lens club!

Chris
01-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My replacement arrived today, and it is the correct one. Hope things work out for everyone else.
01-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!

So as I stated earlier in the thread, I bought one of these lenses and Amazon sent me a Rokinon Cine lens for Sony... Twice!

They wouldn't let me exchange it. I called and they said if they send the wrong product twice, they stop selling the product, and only give refunds to the buyers. I explained that I don't want a refund, I want the lens I purchased cause it was a good deal. The Amazon rep called the Rokinon rep and struck a deal that would get me the correct lens. Well today the lens arrived and it's a Samyang 16mm lens for Nikon!

The Amazon rep has said that if it was wrong this last time, that would be the end. I would only be able to get a refund.

Needless to say I'm pissed, especially considering that numerous people received the correct lens before I had even contacted Amazon about getting this latest exchange.

It's not fair I tell ya.

01-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, geomez, sorry this deal didn't work out for you -- I'm in the same boat! The lens they sent me to replace the Samyang 16mm they sent the first time turned out to be a Rokinon 24mm Cine lens for Sony, just like you got. Quite disappointing. And since they don't currently list any Amazon inventory for the lens, it seems that I'll have to return it for a refund.

(Even if they did have more inventory, I probably wouldn't try for another replacement at this point, since I've read about people getting permanently banned from Amazon without warning for doing too many returns, even if there was good cause for making the returns.)
01-30-2018, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fotomarc Quote
(Even if they did have more inventory, I probably wouldn't try for another replacement at this point, since I've read about people getting permanently banned from Amazon without warning for doing too many returns, even if there was good cause for making the returns.)
Here's my final update.

I didn't do anything regarding my issue last week as I was busy, but today I called Amazon about the issue. I told them my story about how I received three wrong lenses from my first order and one wrong lens from my second. I asked if my returning the lenses would result in any negative consequences would be applied to my account. He stated that there would be no punishment and that people get into trouble when they have multiple returns and they send them all in one box instead of boxing and shipping them separately as directed.

Don't know how true that is but it doesn't effect my circumstance. That said, he created return labels for me and gave me a $50 credit to my account for the inconvenience. The credit is surprising and welcome, but confidentially won't allow me to get the lens at the price I originally paid considering it's now $699.

Oh well.