Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Park cameras (UK) sale
Posted By: Cerebum, 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM

Hi
Anyone looking to buy a new lens, Park Cameras in London have price cuts. I just got a Pentax SMC da 10-17 fisheye brand new for £295 down from the rrp of £449

Woohoo
Views: 1,080
01-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Also worth checking out Castle Cameras - £279.

Advertised as end-of-line, so what are Pentax up to?

Sorry about the price!
01-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

If anyone is looking at picking up the Pentax 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 HD DA ED PLM WR RE Lens i'd recommend taking a look at the current offer from Bristol Cameras. £300 (with offer discount) including postage and a Kenko 58mm UV filter thrown in for good measure. Cheapest i could find anywhere for it so picked it up They do seem to have decent prices on a lot of their Pentax lenses as well.

Aware that isn't with Park Cameras, so sorry for hijacking the thread Cerebum, but thought someone might be interested.

P.S - additional thought. Maybe we should spark up a thread for Pentax Sales / Offers in the UK?
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hawaza Quote
If anyone is looking at picking up the Pentax 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 HD DA ED PLM WR RE Lens i'd recommend taking a look at the current offer from Bristol Cameras. £300 (with offer discount) including postage and a Kenko 58mm UV filter thrown in for good measure. Cheapest i could find anywhere for it so picked it up They do seem to have decent prices on a lot of their Pentax lenses as well.

Aware that isn't with Park Cameras, so sorry for hijacking the thread Cerebum, but thought someone might be interested.

P.S - additional thought. Maybe we should spark up a thread for Pentax Sales / Offers in the UK?
This is an amazing deal for UK Pentax fans. All are nice finds.

01-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Aaaaaaargh, castle cameras had it up for £350! Ah well. Don’t worry about hi jacking the thread it may be that we have uncovered what could be a worrying trend!

Although I am still glad I didn’t plump for canon
01-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have yet to get anything I have ordered from Bristol cameras. They advertise at great prices then once ordered it comes back as out of stock.
01-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I have yet to get anything I have ordered from Bristol cameras. They advertise at great prices then once ordered it comes back as out of stock.
That's a shame. The only thing I can really say is i got my order in a timely fashion but maybe I'm lucky?

I went off the fact they're an authorised Pentax reseller and are generally well recommended online. That said their website really could do with updating. The general feel I get from it is that they'd rather you ring to confirm stock before ordering (not that I did that) however that's not the norm nowadays and nor is it ideal.