Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pixma Pro 100 Printer - $19 deal is back!
Posted By: Adam, 02-28-2018, 04:06 PM

The awesome Pixma printer deal is back at Adorama! I'm sure it won't last very long.

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer 6228B002

Price Breakdown: $369 regular price
-$50 Coupon Code HBWPPI99 (apply at checkout)
-$250 Canon Mail-in Rebate
-$50 free photo paper value

$19 total cost after Rebates and free paper, $69 out of pocket

Views: 7,216
03-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well this isn't good!!

I placed my order with Adorama and after everything was finalized and I hit the "place order" button, up pops this.

I sent a friendly e-mail their way and hope this isn't what the average customer can expect when the item is advertised with "free expedited shipping"!!

Not much savings here

Attached Images

03-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Well this isn't good!!

I placed my order with Adorama and after everything was finalized and I hit the "place order" button, up pops this.

I sent a friendly e-mail their way and hope this isn't what the average customer can expect when the item is advertised with "free expedited shipping"!!

Not much savings here
Is it because of the "US Mail" delivery method? Free shipping is usually through UPS.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that's just peachy - should have remembered that happened before with Adorama because my PO box was listed along with my street address, and their e-mail is down today - hope they don't ship. I'm switching to B&H.

Addenda: I went back and canceled the order (I think it was cancelled since there was room to leave a note, and I did). It showed as being cancelled.

I then tried to place the order again. I removed the PO box from my shipping address but their system ONLY showed USPS and some other shipping option even MORE expensive as the possible ways to ship (no UPS option) - have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Adorama. Not a very good automated system.

Not my day - I tried B&H but the B&H instant rebate isn't showing or working or it's gone. Tomorrow...................................

Last edited by Bob 256; 03-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.
03-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Well that's just peachy - should have remembered that happened before with Adorama because my PO box was listed along with my street address, and their e-mail is down today - hope they don't ship. I'm switching to B&H.

Addenda: I went back and canceled the order (I think it was cancelled since there was room to leave a note, and I did). It showed as being cancelled.

I then tried to place the order again. I removed the PO box from my shipping address but their system ONLY showed USPS and some other shipping option even MORE expensive as the possible ways to ship (no UPS option) - have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Adorama. Not a very good automated system.

Not my day - I tried B&H but the B&H instant rebate isn't showing or working or it's gone. Tomorrow...................................
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think the couriers can ship to PO boxes. It has to be a physical address to qualify for free shipping. Strange that it still didn't show UPS (or FedEx in B&H's case).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by T Evergreen Quote
According to terms of the rebate offer, "American Express® Reward Card will only be mailed to a street address (except where prohibited by law) in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico."
Thanks couldn't find the info 👍🏼
03-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I believe this deal ends today (along with everything else from WPPI), so don't miss out!

Adam

03-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Canon rebate states that it is valid on any printer/paper combination purchased through the end of March (don't know about the free paper).

I tried the offer at Adorama again today but the $50 Adorama instant rebate was gone so I'm in negotiations with them to get the deal as it was originally offered, being that the rebate was available (and applied in my first order yesterday).

One rep tried to tell me that shipping depends on what's available at the time and the only way to get a specific shipping option is to CALL in rather than go on line (never mind they weren't taking phone orders yesterday). This morning the order went fine (with the free expedited shipping LISTED IN THE ITEM BOX) except to the point where I entered the instant rebate code - "has already expired" was the result. Will see how this plays out but the order depends on that $50 rebate - I can wait until it happens again if it does. Adorama is not the store of my choice at the moment.
03-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Canon rebate states that it is valid on any printer/paper combination purchased through the end of March (don't know about the free paper).

I tried the offer at Adorama again today but the $50 Adorama instant rebate was gone so I'm in negotiations with them to get the deal as it was originally offered, being that the rebate was available (and applied in my first order yesterday).

One rep tried to tell me that shipping depends on what's available at the time and the only way to get a specific shipping option is to CALL in rather than go on line (never mind they weren't taking phone orders yesterday). This morning the order went fine (with the free expedited shipping LISTED IN THE ITEM BOX) except to the point where I entered the instant rebate code - "has already expired" was the result. Will see how this plays out but the order depends on that $50 rebate - I can wait until it happens again if it does. Adorama is not the store of my choice at the moment.
Yesterday was a religious holiday, Purim. (I figure at B and H also) So only web orders were being shipped out immediately Bob. I ordered the VIP 360 deal for free two day and spill and drop coverage before ordering the sweet KP bundle deal.

03-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster

If you add "pixma" to your watch list at the top of this forum, you'll get an e-mail when another one of these deals goes live. Usually we get 1 or 2 each year.

Perhaps @Helen Oster; can help you with this order, though if the coupon is expired I'm not sure anything can be done unless they can modify the original order.

Adam

03-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you add "pixma" to your watch list at the top of this forum, you'll get an e-mail when another one of these deals goes live. Usually we get 1 or 2 each year.

Perhaps @Helen Oster; can help you with this order, though if the coupon is expired I'm not sure anything can be done unless they can modify the original order.
Many thanks Adam. I have yet to hear back (one of their reps offered to help me but haven't heard from him since I mentioned the failure of the $50 rebate). No biggie - I can wait for the next time it's offered if no help is forthcoming.

Just wish Adorama would clean up the issue with their shipping system refusing "free expedited shipping" if a PO box appears as part of the address. Many times the PO is needed since shipping is done via USPS and other companies work with the dual address just fine. For Adorama as it stands, it will take two alternate address listings and the inconvenience of choosing the right one in cases like mine (I still can't believe it would cost $240 to ship USPS).
03-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Just ordered. The $50 instant coupon was still good. There was another $5.76 shipping credit. Total $313.24 . Minus $250 for the rebate.
That's $63.24 for the 50 sheets of paper, ink cartridges and the printhead. Printer is free
03-03-2018, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
Just ordered. The $50 instant coupon was still good. There was another $5.76 shipping credit. Total $313.24 . Minus $250 for the rebate.
That's $63.24 for the 50 sheets of paper, ink cartridges and the printhead. Printer is free
Thanks for that madbrain. I went back after seeing your post and everything went through. I even redeemed a $4 credit coupon I had with Adorama, and with the non-priority shipping option savings got the deal for $315 (that will be $65 after the Canon rebate considering the paper, that's $15). Adorama is off my "bad" list and I'm a happy camper with a printer in his tent.

Instant rebate code is still working and deal is still on as of now.

Thanks too to Adam for his moral support.

Last edited by Bob 256; 03-04-2018 at 12:39 PM.
03-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

I also just ordered (thank you Adam for mentioning the code is expiring) and everything went thru as it should.
03-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #29

Got my printer from Adorama in one day. Haven’t opened it yet.
When I saw that they lowered the price by $10 a few hours after I ordered from them, I emailed Adorama customer service and they credited $10 to my PayPal account almost immediately. Needless to say I am very impressed with their efficiency.
03-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #30

Is it cost effective to run vs sending prints out?