Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
HD-DA 55-300 WR's (new) - $146.95 at B&H
Posted By: disasterfilm, 03-01-2018, 08:58 AM

This is $250 below their normal price. This is beyond plausibly cheap for a really fantastic budget zoom lens.

Though I don't need one, I'm having a hard time not buying.

Pentax HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens 22270 B&H Photo


Views: 13,669
04-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #121
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,013
Just got a shipping notice for my order, seems the 11 April expected shipping date for the back orders was spot on.

04-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #122
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,973
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Just got a shipping notice for my order, seems the 11 April expected shipping date for the back orders was spot on.
good things come to those who wait

it seems to me that many members owe a " thank you " to the member who broke the news on this outstanding deal

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.
04-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #123
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 364
Ditto here...on its way!
04-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 539
Just got my shipping info in this amazing deal. My thanks to who ever broke this news. Pentax Forum rocks.

04-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #125
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,973
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Just got my shipping info in this amazing deal. My thanks to who ever broke this news. Pentax Forum rocks.
check the first post, it was forum member disasterfilm
04-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 539
Thanks Disasterfilm.
04-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,306
Mine hasn’t shipped but has been updated to “In stock, sent to the warehouse”
04-12-2018, 03:23 AM   #128
Pentaxian
Belnan's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 476
I got a shipping notification that it should be here on Friday 13th.

Hopefully everyone will get theres soon. I wonder if they sold more than expected too?

04-12-2018, 05:12 AM   #129
Pentaxian
Arjay Bee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bamaga, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,266
My shipping order received as well. Will be a bit longer wait to get to me here in North Queensland.
04-14-2018, 07:00 PM   #130
Pentaxian
BirdDude007's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Photos: Albums
Posts: 647
Mine will be here Tuesday
04-16-2018, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #131
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Salt Lake City UT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 126
FedEx just dropped off my new 55-300 WR at my door. A quick test compared to my 20 year old Quantaray Tech-10 70-300mm lens (AKA Sigma DL Super 70-300 - NOT APO), at 300 wide open supports what Ive read. The Pentax is indeed a *hair* sharper, provides a *hair* more fine detail rendering, and has better color, in line with typical Pentax lenses. Its still a kit style lens, so Im not expecting magic with it, but my initial tests had me smiling. The focus is "slow" but that has much more to do with the fact that the focus throw in this lens is over 180 degrees, which in my opinion isnt a bad thing at all. The noise during focusing is no worse than any other screw driven lens I own.

Seeing as I needed a second long lens (as my significant other is always stealing the sigma), the $147 cost for this was beyond a steal! More kudos to Disasterfilm for the heads up on this deal!
04-16-2018, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #132
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,013
Mine arrived Monday morning Australian time. From B & H's warehouse, through Customs, to my front door on the other side of the world in less than a week! Well worth waiting for the back order to come in. Thanks to Disasterfilm for posting the deal.
04-17-2018, 08:23 AM   #133
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bev
Posts: 181
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxScott Quote
FedEx just dropped off my new 55-300 WR at my door. A quick test compared to my 20 year old Quantaray Tech-10 70-300mm lens (AKA Sigma DL Super 70-300 - NOT APO), at 300 wide open supports what Ive read. The Pentax is indeed a *hair* sharper, provides a *hair* more fine detail rendering, and has better color, in line with typical Pentax lenses. Its still a kit style lens, so Im not expecting magic with it, but my initial tests had me smiling. The focus is "slow" but that has much more to do with the fact that the focus throw in this lens is over 180 degrees, which in my opinion isnt a bad thing at all. The noise during focusing is no worse than any other screw driven lens I own.

Seeing as I needed a second long lens (as my significant other is always stealing the sigma), the $147 cost for this was beyond a steal! More kudos to Disasterfilm for the heads up on this deal!
It's fine wide open but compare the two at F8 or F/9. Everything gets better stopped down but the 55 - 300 really improves more than most.
04-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 539
Mine came today, awesome.
04-25-2018, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SharkyCA's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 154
Thanks to disasterfilm

My lens arrived on 04/16 works great now that I got over my learning curve!

Thanks for the heads up on this deal!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coupon, lens, pentax deals, savings
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
55-200, 55-200 WR, 55-300, 55-300 PLM, etc, which telezoom I should get? Bui Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 67 06-25-2018 08:15 PM
18-135 or new 55-300 PLM as an WR upgrade for old DA 55-300 - HELP :) gelokrol Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 12-15-2016 11:53 AM
For Sale - Sold: HD DA 55-300/4-5.8 WR (sold: FA 77, FA 43, DA 21, DA 18-55 WR) Scintilla Sold Items 7 12-03-2016 01:04 PM
Kit lenses: DA 18-55, DA L 18-55 WR, and DA L 18-55 (non WR) ziscwg Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 04-05-2015 12:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top