Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
HD-DA 55-300 WR's (new) - $146.95 at B&H
Posted By: disasterfilm, 03-01-2018, 08:58 AM

This is $250 below their normal price. This is beyond plausibly cheap for a really fantastic budget zoom lens.

Though I don't need one, I'm having a hard time not buying.

Pentax HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens 22270 B&H Photo

Views: 18,277
03-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For new users it might actually be useful to look at these links (and the poster who asked the question only has 6 posts in the forum) simply because there's a lot to navigate here at PF and they might not be familiar with the reviews sections.

I certainly don't see any harm in posting them... and I'm glad Aslyfox takes the time to point them in the right direction...

03-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #92
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I certainly don't see any harm in posting them... and I'm glad Aslyfox takes the time to point them in the right direction...
And Google is your friend.
03-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And Google is your friend.
Right, but at least Aslyfox is nice and welcoming, in other forums people would just post a LMGTFY link... I think that due to the average age of the members here being higher than other forums, people are just more "old time polite"...
03-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Right, but at least Aslyfox is nice and welcoming, in other forums people would just post a LMGTFY link... I think that due to the average age of the members here being higher than other forums, people are just more "old time polite"...
I am with you on this. I find the links are always pertinent and save a great deal of time which would otherwise be spent searching. I also appreciate the fact that he takes time to contribute, unlike many members, and does so in a consistently positive way, which should be the tenet of any forum!

03-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #95
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I am with you on this. I find the links are always pertinent and save a great deal of time which would otherwise be spent searching. I also appreciate the fact that he takes time to contribute, unlike many members, and does so in a consistently positive way, which should be the tenet of any forum!
For new users it might actually be useful to look at these links (and the poster who asked the question only has 6 posts in the forum) simply because there's a lot to navigate here at PF and they might not be familiar with the reviews sections.

thank you folks but

every one has opinions

and when expressed in a friendly way

that is ok

IMHO, YMMV

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.
03-19-2018, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #96

Photos: Albums
Chatted with B&H today to see if there was any update on the restock date and received the following reply:

Barry T: I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by approximately April the 11th. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you.

I was prepared to wait a while for this lens, and its good to see that I (hopefully) wont have to wait too terribly much longer!
03-19-2018, 09:07 PM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxScott Quote
Chatted with B&H today to see if there was any update on the restock date and received the following reply:

Barry T: I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by approximately April the 11th. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you.

I was prepared to wait a while for this lens, and its good to see that I (hopefully) wont have to wait too terribly much longer!
Thanks for posting that. Waiting patiently as well.

03-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #98
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm just kicking myself that I overlooked this deal!!! I really want one of these, but not at the $300+ price.
03-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My copy is going back to B&H for exchange.
At 300mm, the iris isn't stopping down far enough. The blades aren't oily or sticky, they're just not being actuated properly.

Those of you waiting for a lens, keep an eye out for my return which is serial #4519494.

03-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
My copy is going back to B&H for exchange.
At 300mm, the iris isn't stopping down far enough. The blades aren't oily or sticky, they're just not being actuated properly.

Those of you waiting for a lens, keep an eye out for my return which is serial #4519494.

Put it in the lens database also please.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-serial-number-database/?type=5&myserials=0
03-20-2018, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Put it in the lens database also please.
Done!
03-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update

Just got an update from B&H saying sorry for the inconvenience and will keep me posted. Such a good deal I don't mind waiting.
03-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #103

QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
This is $250 below their normal price. This is beyond plausibly cheap for a really fantastic budget zoom lens.

Though I don't need one, I'm having a hard time not buying.

Pentax HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens 22270 B&H Photo

I see the sale must have passed. Price is back at 360+ on both Amazon and BH.
03-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #104
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Dean2 Quote
I see the sale must have passed. Price is back at 360+ on both Amazon and BH.
The $149 deal was almost a month ago now...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #105

It's been so long since I've placed my order, it's said that the item will be restocked in 7-14 days the whole time. I wonder at this point if I will get a notice that the lens has been discontinued with my order cancelled.