Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread

Adorama Lens Madness
Posted By: Class A, 03-13-2018, 05:11 PM

Adorama is running a "Lens Madness" sale.
Several Pentax lenses are up to $500 or 23% cheaper.

Lens madness sale

To help out the forum, use this link to the general "Lens Madness" page and then select "Pentax" on the left hand side.

Last edited by Class A; 03-13-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Views: 2,668
03-14-2018, 12:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Thanks.

Sorry that most of the prices are apparently not that special. I saw the sale and thought I'd pass it on.
Maybe the "madness" refers to the fact that they think these are all bargains

03-14-2018, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Maybe the "madness" refers to the fact that they think these are all bargains
Or that they quote full MSRP as the starting point for discounts. But in any case, thanks for posting @Class A; .

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2018, 03:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just realized my post looked like a criticism :0) sorry :0) may not be a bargain but its still an interesting read :0)
03-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an older computer and browser (also have a machine with Windows 7 Pro) and the old machine still works with B & H's web site. Adorama on the other hand, makes me go to the newer machine since any attempt to bring up Adorama pages with my older machine just ends at a dead end and no page.

Doing business with Adorama brings me a barrage of e-mails which advertise "specials" etc. but in looking at the e-mails, they usually don't have anything of interest and the specials aren't that "special". They still haven't figured out that I do Pentax and maybe their advertising would be more effective if Pentax products were there.

I've mentioned to them that they need web development improvements but nothing's changed in recent history.

The last escapade was when a PO Box showed in my address (physical address was there also), their web system kicked out free shipping and imposed a $240 shipping cost. That got the order canceled (placed another order later with better success after I removed the "offending" PO listing).

I guess that's all well and good if they want to take second place to B&H as I'm sure it's costing them some business they don't even know about.

03-14-2018, 09:13 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry that most of the prices are apparently not that special. I saw the sale and thought I'd pass it on.
Certainly not your fault, and thank you for taking the time to post the link. I always appreciate the time folks spend letting others know about things like this. They don't always work out, but that should not be a reason for not posting them and that effort is welcome.

Last edited by jatrax; 03-14-2018 at 10:15 AM.
03-14-2018, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is an amazingly useful resource!

Thanks, Adam!
03-15-2018, 09:34 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is an amazingly useful resource!

Thanks, Adam!
Absolutely.

Despite a few shortcomings with Adorama, I've seen some great bargains there (my last "rant" centered around a !!$65!! Canon PRO printer deal which, in the end, was delivered and I took advantage of). I didn't mean my previous post as a rant against Adorama as much as a comment intended for their web developer's ears, and Adorama can be a valuable destination for the photographic inclined (apologies to readers of this thread for that outburst).

The value of the Pentax Price Watch is absolutely fantastic and we would never know about some of these offers without it.

Many thanks and Kudos to Adam for providing this valuable service to Pentax forum members.