Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
Pentax K-3 II mint from robertscamera on Ebay for 557 with coupon
Posted By: donpjt, 04-26-2018, 11:47 AM

Roberts camera has K-3ii for 607 body only. Use the ebay coupon with code PLAN2SAVE (15% off 50+ max 50$) valid till 1 PM PT today (only on ebay Mobile APP) and get 50$ off total to 557. Looks like a good deal. I got one.

Pentax K-3 II 24.35MP DSLR Camera Body Only K3 II - MINT | eBay
Views: 2,642
05-02-2018, 04:15 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 421
QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
Here's a pic of the major scuff and micro scratches on the lcd, There are 3 or 4 other slights scuffs. The lcd scratches are only visible if you tilt at an angle and shed some light. But my K-3 which I've used for the past 3 years with screen protector has none and I still don't rate it as mint because of the scuffs.

Just posting here to get an opinion if I'm making a big fuss..
I think the scratches on the LCD would bother me the most. Their description for MINT says no blemishes on the camera. This camera hardly fits that.

05-02-2018, 07:53 AM   #17
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 190
Original Poster
On top of everything I did the dust on sensor analysis and this came up.

Just gonna call them after my meeting

---------- Post added 05-02-18 at 10:07 AM ----------

okay, just spoke to them. They said they can do a full refund or a replacement. I'm thinking I'll keep my current K-3 and maybe look at something else, I'll miss the pixel shift and astrotracer, but I probably shoot milky way like once a year or so or even lesser. And the pixel shift on testing on mormal subjects I couldn't find too much of a difference.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
05-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 421
At least they are making it right.
05-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SSGGeezer's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Indiana, U.S.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,838
I f they offer a 50.00 refund I would probably keep it. Otherwise I think the discrepancy means that someone either boxed up the wrong camera or they didn't actually check and left an older description up there. I am a bit surprised since my purchases from them have been good in all aspects. Hope you get satisfaction, whatever you decide to do.

05-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #20
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 190
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I f they offer a 50.00 refund I would probably keep it. Otherwise I think the discrepancy means that someone either boxed up the wrong camera or they didn't actually check and left an older description up there. I am a bit surprised since my purchases from them have been good in all aspects. Hope you get satisfaction, whatever you decide to do.
I'm deciding to return it. If it were not the dust on the sensor I'd have asked for a partial refund. Besides K-3 to K-3 II upgrade is not worth it for my shooting style, Only travel once or twice a year and astrophotography once a year too. so I'll keep my K-3 and just return the K-3 II. Got lucky that I got a chance to return it though I could have used the 50$ coupon on something else I'm trying a a6000 as my backup camera, since those come much cheaper and have pretty good picture quality
05-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: sunny florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 127
Thanks for the heads up. Missed the 15% off but ended up with a best offer price of $570. Received in mint condition with a shuttercount 860 and one piece of loose dust on the sensor.
Joe
05-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #22
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 190
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
Thanks for the heads up. Missed the 15% off but ended up with a best offer price of $570. Received in mint condition with a shuttercount 860 and one piece of loose dust on the sensor.
Joe
Thats pretty good too! 860 is a good shutter count. The one I got and returned had a shutter count of 4500 and was not mint. And after I returned it i decided to hang on to my K-3.
05-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #23
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: sunny florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 127
QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
Thats pretty good too! 860 is a good shutter count. The one I got and returned had a shutter count of 4500 and was not mint. And after I returned it i decided to hang on to my K-3.
Nothing wrong with the k-3. If mine did not die, I would have not bought the k-3ll.
Joe

05-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #24
Veteran Member
sealonsf's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,697
I also just bought a K-3 II from robertscamera on eBay without the coupon but for $577. I figured I would return it if I wasn't happy with it. The box was not in great shape but I was surprised to get everything else in the box. Camera looks brand new and has paperwork for North America. There were some marks and dots when I checked the sensor but it cleaned up easily with a blower. And when I took a jpg to check the shutter count it was 2. Did not expect that. I haven't been able to play with the camera much yet but I think I might have got lucky. I'm upgrading from a well loved K-5.
05-12-2018, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #25
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 190
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
I also just bought a K-3 II from robertscamera on eBay without the coupon but for $577. I figured I would return it if I wasn't happy with it. The box was not in great shape but I was surprised to get everything else in the box. Camera looks brand new and has paperwork for North America. There were some marks and dots when I checked the sensor but it cleaned up easily with a blower. And when I took a jpg to check the shutter count it was 2. Did not expect that. I haven't been able to play with the camera much yet but I think I might have got lucky. I'm upgrading from a well loved K-5.
Glad a few of you were able to get good deals!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, coupon, dust on sensor, ebay, ii, k-3, k-3 ii mint, mint, mint from robertscamera, pentax deals, pentax k-3 ii, pixel, robertscamera on ebay, savings, shift
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: SMC Pentax-A 50mm F1.7 - MINT MINT MINT Fenwoodian Sold Items 2 02-24-2017 07:28 AM
eBay - $15 off $75 coupon, today only! Adam Pentax Price Watch 2 03-31-2016 02:30 PM
ebay: $15 off $100 (Father's Day special coupon code) Adam Pentax Price Watch 4 06-08-2015 12:43 AM
eBay 10% Off Coupon maxwell1295 General Talk 8 11-26-2008 08:19 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top