Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-3 II mint from robertscamera on Ebay for 557 with coupon
Posted By: donpjt, 04-26-2018, 11:47 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Roberts camera has K-3ii for 607 body only. Use the ebay coupon with code PLAN2SAVE (15% off 50+ max 50$) valid till 1 PM PT today (only on ebay Mobile APP) and get 50$ off total to 557. Looks like a good deal. I got one.

Pentax K-3 II 24.35MP DSLR Camera Body Only K3 II - MINT | eBay
Views: 2,979
04-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the headsup!
04-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by donpjt Quote
Roberts camera has K-3ii for 607 body only. Use the ebay coupon with code PLAN2SAVE (15% off 50+ max 50$) valid till 1 PM PT today (only on ebay Mobile APP) and get 50$ off total to 557. Looks like a good deal. I got one.

Pentax K-3 II 24.35MP DSLR Camera Body Only K3 II - MINT | eBay
Give us all the details when it arrives.
04-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sure, I am looking forward to getting it. Date of arrival shown as May 2nd.

05-01-2018, 05:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice find. I wonder if it comes with a battery and charger as the description says only what is pictured (camera body) is what you'll get.
05-01-2018, 05:57 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Nice find. I wonder if it comes with a battery and charger as the description says only what is pictured (camera body) is what you'll get.
I messaged them and they mentioned it comes with battery and charger. So in case it doesn't at least I'll have something to demand it from them or return it. And maybe I was too hasty, now I need to sell my K-3, lol, I normally sell and then buy..
05-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I messaged them and they mentioned it comes with battery and charger. So in case it doesn't at least I'll have something to demand it from them or return it. And maybe I was too hasty, now I need to sell my K-3, lol, I normally sell and then buy..
Thanks for the info. Damn, it's tempting. I bought a K5II from them a few years back and it did come with the charger and battery.

05-01-2018, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I picked up one of the Roberst's K-3IIs a couple of months ago. It came with everything including box and only 69 shutter count. A lovely camera.
05-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #9

Original Poster
So just got it today, It came with everything in the box. Haven'y checked the shutter count yet, but item looks like its barely been used. Box is not in good condition, but everything else is. Will test it out in the evening and update
05-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Cool.
05-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #11

Original Poster
Well, I was able to examine it more thoroughly. Its not in mint condition, The body does have a few scuff marks, LCD is lightly scratched and shutter count is 4200. For the price of 557 its definitely not too bad, but still it doesn't match the description, so I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. I'd say its in Excellent or rather Very good condition, but definitely not mint. The K-3 that I have currently is in better condition and I have listed it as Excellent...
05-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Well, I was able to examine it more thoroughly. Its not in mint condition, The body does have a few scuff marks, LCD is lightly scratched and shutter count is 4200. For the price of 557 its definitely not too bad, but still it doesn't match the description, so I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. I'd say its in Excellent or rather Very good condition, but definitely not mint. The K-3 that I have currently is in better condition and I have listed it as Excellent...
Well, that's disappointing. Certainly not Mint with the description you've given. I'd be interested in hearing what they say.
05-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #13

Original Poster
Here's a pic of the major scuff and micro scratches on the lcd, There are 3 or 4 other slights scuffs. The lcd scratches are only visible if you tilt at an angle and shed some light. But my K-3 which I've used for the past 3 years with screen protector has none and I still don't rate it as mint because of the scuffs.

Just posting here to get an opinion if I'm making a big fuss..
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Here's a pic of the major scuff and micro scratches on the lcd, There are 3 or 4 other slights scuffs. The lcd scratches are only visible if you tilt at an angle and shed some light. But my K-3 which I've used for the past 3 years with screen protector has none and I still don't rate it as mint because of the scuffs.

Just posting here to get an opinion if I'm making a big fuss..
It's not mint so you should request a replacement. I purchased a K5 from them which also was described as mint, but exchanged it for another camera because there was a significant scratch on the LCD, and the shutter count was over 100,000! The second K5 they sent was indeed mint in every respect, and I believe I noticed the one I'd returned had been reduced to the next lower rating. I can't explain the shutter count - the body had some scuff marks but hadn't been used in a normal manner for 100,000+ cycles. But that was the data in the exif. I was pleased that they had no objections to exchanging the camera and the second one was as mint as could be without being new-in-box.
05-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #15

Original Poster
The only thing I'm wondering is if I should take a discount or get a replacement. Shutter count is 4200 approximately, so its not a lot. If I can get a 50 or more discount, maybe I'll keep it? Or the other option is if I can return and just keep the K-3 I have for now.