Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
128GB PNY SDHC UHS-1 U3 type SD card for $39.99
Posted By: suraswami, 5 Days Ago

Microcenter is having a sale on 128GB PNY SDHC UHS-1 U3 type SD card for $39.99. Thought I will get one for upcoming vacation.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/449550/128GB_Elite_Performance_SDXC_Class...sh_Memory_Card

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=Pentax+K-3&c...=Pentax+K-1+II

According to the Camera comparison, memory card type the cameras can accept is SDXC (UHS-I Compatible) - does this mean it will not recognize UHS-3 or it will not take advantage of UHS-3 speeds?

If I put it in hopefully will not cause corruption.

Last edited by suraswami; 5 Days Ago at 01:38 PM. Reason: Correct Card Type posted
Views: 314
5 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When I pulled up the site, it listed the item for store pickup only. Not too good for me but looks good otherwise.

You could have some issues. You can put an older card in a newer slot, but the other way around is not approved. You can try it and if it works, you probably won't have any corrupted files, but as you mentioned, "probably" shouldn't be counted on.
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by suraswami Quote
Microcenter is having a sale on 128GB PNY SDHC UHS-3 type SD card for $39.99. Thought I will get one for upcoming vacation.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/449550/128GB_Elite_Performance_SDXC_Class...sh_Memory_Card

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=Pentax+K-3&c...=Pentax+K-1+II

According to the Camera comparison, memory card type the cameras can accept is SDXC (UHS-I Compatible) - does this mean it will not recognize UHS-3 or it will not take advantage of UHS-3 speeds?

If I put it in hopefully will not cause corruption.
There is no such thing as UHS-3. This is a UHS-I card with the U3 speed rating.

You can read about what this means in this article:
Comprehensive SD Card Guide for Photographers - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

TLDR, the card will not only work with your K-3, but it will also deliver optimal performance.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

5 Days Ago   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There is no such thing as UHS-3. This is a UHS-I card with the U3 speed rating.

You can read about what this means in this article:
Comprehensive SD Card Guide for Photographers - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

TLDR, the card will not only work with your K-3, but it will also deliver optimal performance.
Thanks Adam, I am going to reserve one and use this weekend at friends and family get together.

Looking at the product picture, it shows as UHS-I with 3 rating.

Last edited by suraswami; 5 Days Ago at 11:27 AM.
5 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking at the product picture, it shows as UHS-I with 3 rating.
Yes, and as Adam pointed out, this UHS-I U3 is not the same as UHS-3. The later doesn't exist. Please correct your listing.
5 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
Yes, and as Adam pointed out, this UHS-I U3 is not the same as UHS-3. The later doesn't exist. Please correct your listing.
updated my post, but don't know if I can change the title of the thread.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

updated my post, but don't know if I can change the title of the thread.
If you edit then go advanced, changes to the title will also update the thread title for up to 24 hours.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: