Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Pentax ME-F with original autofocus lens on shopgoodwill.com - $10.95 as of post
Posted By: babywriter, 06-15-2018, 02:28 PM

Just wanted to give anyone interested a heads up:

Pentax ME F 35mm SLR Film Camera 70mm Lens - shopgoodwill.com

At the time of posting - 1 day 5 hr to go, 2 bids, high bid is $10.95.

Last edited by babywriter; 06-15-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Views: 824
06-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's 1 Day 5 Hours...And it will go for way too much with the last bid at 15 seconds left...
06-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry! Not sure where my head was. Corrected.
06-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm so sad this didn't show up in the automated shoppers I have set up

06-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sold for $57.67
06-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If it works and the lens doesn't have fungus it's a good deal. There is a "Parts" 35-70 on eBay for $44.99 with free shipping from Japan. The rubber is cracked/peeling and it is untested. I'd rather risk that than shopgoodwill ever again. There's another on 'As Is' from Japan, the guy wants $78 plus $20 shipping and the AF doesn't work...There's one from a US seller, $79.99 plus $9.99 shipping with a 30 return policy and claimed to be tested and working...

Plus it was from Goodwill of the Silicon Valley with FedEx Ground shipping...Last time I bought something from that Goodwill they took more than a week to give it to FedEx then another week for FedEx to deliver it...
06-18-2018, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If it works and the lens doesn't have fungus it's a good deal. There is a "Parts" 35-70 on eBay for $44.99 with free shipping from Japan. The rubber is cracked/peeling and it is untested. I'd rather risk that than shopgoodwill ever again.
I understand your feelings, but I don't necessarily share them. I've gotten some pretty good stuff off shopgoodwill, and if something is subpar, well, that's part of what you sign up for when you buy sight-unseen from a thrift store site. I manage that risk by not bidding on anything that looks or feels sketchy, and by having a strict beforehand limit on how much I'm going to bid. And I don't buy anything from there that I'm going to need by a certain deadline. Delivery times for me have ranged from a couple days (i.e., super-fast) to a week and a half. It is what it is.

06-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I understand your feelings, but I don't necessarily share them. I've gotten some pretty good stuff off shopgoodwill, and if something is subpar, well, that's part of what you sign up for when you buy sight-unseen from a thrift store site. I manage that risk by not bidding on anything that looks or feels sketchy, and by having a strict beforehand limit on how much I'm going to bid. And I don't buy anything from there that I'm going to need by a certain deadline. Delivery times for me have ranged from a couple days (i.e., super-fast) to a week and a half. It is what it is.
I got plenty of good stuff from shopgoodwill, but much less recently. The last straw was the Topcon RE Super with the Topcon 58/1.4. I paid quite a bit for it, though it would have been a good deal if the lens was in good condition. But the aperture doesn't work and the blades are asymmetrical...A condition that could have been easily been added to the listing...even by someone not knowing anything about cameras...A photo of the interior of the lens would have sufficed.