Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Silver Pentax K-3II body for $739 at Adorama.
Posted By: The Squirrel Mafia, 06-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera Body Silver

^ Cheap.
Views: 2,116
07-02-2018, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I want this camera so bad. But that is just GAS. I have a K-3ii and a K-1 silver so no sensible person would add another silver camera. But I hope others on PF get one.

07-02-2018, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
What a tempting offer! Have been thinking long and hard about a K-3 model or KP but this is a great price.
At the price it's being offered for, it's probably the best "bang for the buck" Pentax camera available at the moment.

The K-70 is a bit cheaper & has slightly better image quality as the ISO climbs, but it doesn't have the build & speed of the K-3II. The KP has better IQ & 5-axis IBIS, but it still lacks some flagship features of the K-3II like dual SD card slots, 1/8000 shutter speed, larger buffer, 200,000 shutter life, & some other things. It also costs about $160 more. Both the K-70 & KP are very good cameras, but a silver K-3II for only $739? It's a no brainer.
07-03-2018, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the dilemma for me is that the silver color, while beautiful, would be far harder for me to hide from my wife the fact that I got a new camera. If I got a black model, she might not be able to notice and would probably think it's still my old black K-50. first world problems...

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
At the price it's being offered for, it's probably the best "bang for the buck" Pentax camera available at the moment. The K-70 is a bit cheaper & has slightly better image quality as the ISO climbs, but it doesn't have the build & speed of the K-3II. The KP has better IQ & 5-axis IBIS, but it still lacks some flagship features of the K-3II like dual SD card slots, 1/8000 shutter speed, larger buffer, 200,000 shutter life, & some other things. It also costs about $160 more. Both the K-70 & KP are very good cameras, but a silver K-3II for only $739? It's a no brainer.
07-03-2018, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

the dilemma for me is that the silver color, while beautiful, would be far harder for me to hide from my wife the fact that I got a new camera. If I got a black model, she might not be able to notice and would probably think it's still my old black K-50. first world problems...
That is very real. My wife never notices my cameras but she was looking through some pictures with a couple I took of my Siliver K-1 and she immediately noticed and said "What a pretty camera". I wasn't sure whether to fess up or just enjoy the moment.

07-03-2018, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ha! I know the feeling. My wife keeps me in check 'cause I would probably be in a lot of debt or always broke if she wasn't around. I have too many hobbies.

On the plus side, whenever the deal is good, she has no problem spending a bit of money if it's worth it. She'd let me buy this camera if I wanted to, but I'm dead set on holding out for that K-3II replacement 'cause if I buy this camera now, there's a big probability that she will remind me that I just got a new camera with a, "Do you really need it or want it", type of question, preventing me from getting the K-3II replacement or getting a different camera for the next few years. Hahaha!
07-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ha! I know the feeling. My wife keeps me in check 'cause I would probably be in a lot of debt or always broke if she wasn't around. I have too many hobbies.

On the plus side, whenever the deal is good, she has no problem spending a bit of money if it's worth it. She'd let me buy this camera if I wanted to, but I'm dead set on holding out for that K-3II replacement 'cause if I buy this camera now, there's a big probability that she will remind me that I just got a new camera with a, "Do you really need it or want it", type of question, preventing me from getting the K-3II replacement or getting a different camera for the next few years. Hahaha!
Ah, the joys and complexities of a happy marriage!
07-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
....but I'm dead set on holding out for that K-3II replacement 'cause if I buy this camera now....
Oh, don't you worry about THAT. I got one of the last (if not THE last) K3 II/Battery Grip Bundles B&H was selling. That virtually guarantees that the K3 II replacement should be along, oh say, ANY TIME now. I am likely single-handedly responsible for the K200D having the shortest run in DSLR history. It's like when I lose something; I go buy a new one, and the old one just, like, shows up. So, give it a week or two; you'll be buying a K3 II-S... or something like that.

07-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #23

Silver K-3ii

Well they still have it listed , but not with a "free" battery grip at any price break Oh well at least I got one before they are all gone and I know I wouldn't be able to afford it's replacement
07-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Amazon Pentax has the K-3II for $699 !

https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-3II-DSLR-Body-Only/dp/B00WBIYADC/ref=sr_1_1?...s=pentax+k-3II

---------- Post added 07-07-18 at 16:12 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I want this camera so bad. But that is just GAS. I have a K-3ii and a K-1 silver so no sensible person would add another silver camera. But I hope others on PF get one.
Who says "sensible" has anything to do with it ?
07-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Amazon Pentax has the K-3II for $699 !

https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-3II-DSLR-Body-Only/dp/B00WBIYADC/ref=sr_1_1?...s=pentax+k-3II

---------- Post added 07-07-18 at 16:12 ----------

Who says "sensible" has anything to do with it ?
Yes, truth hurts.