Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Pentax KP Amazon Lightning Deal: 7/12/18 @ 2:25 PST - Price ???
Posted By: mike.hiran, 07-12-2018, 01:28 AM

For a black one - I don't know what the price will be, nor will I be awake when this launches. If you're in the market, hope you save some $$$

Amazon : Pentax KP 24.32 Ultra-Compact Weatherproof DSLR with 3" LCD, Black : Camera & Photo

Name:  pent kp light deal.JPG
Views: 954
Size:  39.7 KB

looks like $700


Last edited by mike.hiran; 07-12-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Views: 2,935
07-12-2018, 03:00 AM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: sunny florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 117
QuoteOriginally posted by mike.hiran Quote
For a black one - I don't know what the price will be, nor will I be awake when this launches. If you're in the market, hope you save some $$$

Amazon : Pentax KP 24.32 Ultra-Compact Weatherproof DSLR with 3" LCD, Black : Camera & Photo

Attachment 410927

looks like $700
That's a great price1
Joe
07-12-2018, 03:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Posts: 327
QuoteOriginally posted by mike.hiran Quote
looks like $700
$699.95 is a great price. I'm a little surprised that with only 4 hrs 54 mins left it is showing 0% claimed on the deal. Just purchased a K-3 II on closeout, so I really can't justify a new Kp as well.
07-12-2018, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
onlineflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,249
Black Friday come early or is the K-3iii about to be released? Interesting pricing the last few weeks. If only I had money for a new camera.

07-12-2018, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
6BQ5's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nevada, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,318
Maybe Amazon just wants to clear some shelf space to make room for the new D-FA 50mm lenses.
07-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,017
It looks tempting but tax takes it up a bit.
07-12-2018, 07:02 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 886
https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-KP-Ultra-Compact-Weatherproof-Black/dp/B01N5RH...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I just grabbed my second KP body....$699.....but they charged me about $40 tax on my entire order (I had other items also). Still very much worth it.

---------- Post added 07-12-18 at 07:04 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Black Friday come early or is the K-3iii about to be released? Interesting pricing the last few weeks. If only I had money for a new camera.
Lol.....every time I think a new Aps-c model isn't going be released....I buy something and within a week....IT HAPPENS !
07-12-2018, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member
HelenJo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sun City , Arizona.
Posts: 72
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-KP-Ultra-Compact-Weatherproof-Black/dp/B01N5RH...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I just grabbed my second KP body....$699.....but they charged me about $40 tax on my entire order (I had other items also). Still very much worth it.[COLOR="Silver"]
Very Good ! Now listen up Rony !
Please keep your K-1 instead of selling it !!! ...... PM sent.

07-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Posts: 327
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
but they charged me about $40 tax on my entire order (I had other items also)
They want $56 sales tax here in NY for just the camera, so don't complain too much.
07-12-2018, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
They want $56 sales tax here in NY for just the camera, so don't complain too much.
Looks like our Tax Free days are coming to an end ?
Im not complaining at all. My entire order was way less than the cost anywhere else.... Very Happy !
07-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
onlineflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,249
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Looks like our Tax Free days are coming to an end ?
Amazon charges tax on every purchase from a state that has sales tax. It's been that way for a while. Only smaller companies that do not have a physical presence in the state sell tax free, for now. That is all about to change, however.
07-12-2018, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Amazon charges tax on every purchase from a state that has sales tax. It's been that way for a while. Only smaller companies that do not have a physical presence in the state sell tax free, for now. That is all about to change, however.
I still saved $138 after taxes compared to anywhere else at the moment
07-12-2018, 08:22 AM - 3 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,565
QuoteOriginally posted by mike.hiran Quote
For a black one - I don't know what the price will be, nor will I be awake when this launches. If you're in the market, hope you save some $$$

Amazon : Pentax KP 24.32 Ultra-Compact Weatherproof DSLR with 3" LCD, Black : Camera & Photo

Attachment 410927

looks like $700
Thanks Mike, I pulled the trigger, time to update past K-50. I didn't think it would be at this price until 2019. Now I'm sure it will be lower than this by September
07-12-2018, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Thanks Mike, I pulled the trigger, time to update past K-50. I didn't think it would be at this price until 2019. Now I'm sure it will be lower than this by September
Your gonna Love it ! Glad You got one.
07-12-2018, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
onlineflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,249
Deal over, now $869.94. Congrats to all who acquired it on sale.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
buy, cba, coupon, kp amazon lightning, lba, pentax, pentax deals, pentax kp amazon, post, price, savings, schools
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazing KP deal at Jessops! KP and 18-50 for 599 Jeff Pentax Price Watch 25 07-10-2018 12:59 PM
KP vs K-70 - to KP or not to KP, that is the question OldChE Pentax DSLR Discussion 19 02-04-2018 09:43 AM
Rakuten 20% off sitewide until 12/27 Midnight PST-Max discount is $40 bladerunner6 Pentax Price Watch 2 12-26-2017 04:03 PM
eBay Bucks 10% in app, 8% otherwise on more than $50 until 12/6/17 1159 PM PST bladerunner6 Pentax Price Watch 4 12-05-2017 04:41 PM
Pentax D FA 24-70mm Lens: *Lightning Deal* on amazon (starting 1/23, 6:59pm EST) shahnm Pentax Price Watch 25 01-25-2017 04:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top