Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
FA 31mm Limited - $780 (lowest price in 2 years)
Posted By: Adam, 07-14-2018, 01:51 PM

The FA 31mm Limited is available for $779 right now, which is the lowest price in over 2 years and $120 below the current B&H price.

amazon : Pentax 31mm F/1.8 FA Limited Lens for Pentax and Samsung SLR Cameras : Slr Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

Fulfilled by Amazon and sold by Eagle camera, so whether you get warranty is a grey area.
Views: 1,815
07-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am just amazed at how this lens holds its value. We hear very few complaints.
07-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The FA 31mm Limited is available for $779 on Amazon right now, which is the lowest price in over 2 years and $120 below the current B&H price.

amazon : Pentax 31mm F/1.8 FA Limited Lens for Pentax and Samsung SLR Cameras : Slr Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

Fulfilled by Amazon and sold by Eagle camera, so whether you not get warranty is a grey area.
Adam, is this potentially in the category of 'too good to be true'? Or ׳buyer beware׳?
I don't know Eagle Camera. What do you know about them ?
Might there be a real warranty ?
Adorama was selling this lens yesterday for - I think - $899 - which I think is already close to $200 less than the usual price of $1096.
I lust after this lens, hope to buy it when I can scrape the funds together.
So - I follow this with interest, as do others.
07-14-2018, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't want to take words out of Adam's mouth and answer for him, but here's what I know about when an item is "Fulfilled by Amazon".

It means the item is sitting in an Amazon warehouse, not in an independent 3rd party seller's inventory. When you buy, Amazon takes it off of their shelves and sends it to you 100% through their shipping system.

It also gives a lot more support to the return system. if something isn't to your liking, you return it through Amazon, send it back to Amazon, and they confirm that they got it back and refund your cash. There shouldn't be any debates between seller and buyer at all. Since it's listed in "New" condition, there should be absolutely zero room for discrepancy between expectation and reality for what's delivered.

07-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by habsfanusa Quote
Adam, is this potentially in the category of 'too good to be true'? Or ׳buyer beware׳?
I don't know Eagle Camera. What do you know about them ?
Might there be a real warranty ?
Adorama was selling this lens yesterday for - I think - $899 - which I think is already close to $200 less than the usual price of $1096.
I lust after this lens, hope to buy it when I can scrape the funds together.
So - I follow this with interest, as do others.
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the lens. Eagle Camera is not an authorized dealer, though, so warranty requests will likely not be honored. However, given the price difference I'd say it could be worth the risk. Amazon makes returns super easy, so if there's anything wrong with the lens when you get it, you can send it back for free.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
Forum Member

In the meantime - while i was cautious and therefore did not order this lens through Eagle Camera c/o Amazon when the $780 deal as announced - now, for $119 more Adorama has this lens at $899, which is about $200 less than the usual $1097 price. Adorama - therefore no worries about gray market and the like.
They also have a financing deal of 6 months without interest.
(NO - i do not work for Adorama ! Although i guess it may sound like it. (I am a physician in Ann Arbor, Michigan.)) I have had my eye on this lens for a year or two and the combination of a $200 price drop from a reputable dealer plus the ability to spread the purchase price over 6 months sealed the deal for me.
I have owned the 77mm lens for a few years. These are "pixie dust" lenses !