Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Silver Edition K3 Pawn Shop Deal In Vegas
Posted By: BirdDude007, 08-27-2018, 06:35 PM

This thread is for folks that live in Vegas or even visiting Vegas. I come the pawn shops here and have amassed quite few killer deals, for example I managed to "steal" a DFA 150-450mm lens for $1000 out the door(they ate the taxes, so $923.79 before taxes!), and it is in mint condition.
They also have a K3 silver Edition in stock and it includes a matching grip! When this camera was first spotted by me five months ago, they had a $860 price tag on it, now it's going for $660. The sales person says it has been there for almost a year and no one really ever looks at it. Today when I bought my lens I brought a battery and SD card and gave it a good once over and took a pic or two to check how many clicks it has, turns out it only has around 4700 clicks. This camera is in mint condition with only some minor scratches on the bottom of it, it's manufacturing date is like Nov 2013. I am willing to bet they would take $500 or less for it. I really don't need another APSC body but if it is still there in three months, I will go and offer a ridiculous cheap amount for it. So if anyone is interested and is a good haggler then this is the deal for you, get down there and talk with them. Oh! And they also have a mint condition K200d with 18-55 lens for $200. Good luck!��

Edit: this is located at Super Pawn at 1100 W Sunset Rd, Henderson NV 89014

Last edited by BirdDude007; 08-27-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Views: 2,035
08-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would be helpful to know where "there" is

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-27-2018, 06:39 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's the shop where outside there's a disheveled Pentaxian sitting in the gutter crying.
08-27-2018, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oooops....I was gonna say to just pm me for address. However it is the Super Pawn shop at 1100 W Sunset Rd, Henderson NV 89014 lol.

---------- Post added 08-27-18 at 06:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
It's the shop where outside there's a disheveled Pentaxian sitting in the gutter crying.
Too funny! I'm almost positive it is the same guy that owned my sweet new lens. It all was sitting together in the glass case.

---------- Post added 08-27-18 at 06:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Would be helpful to know where "there" is
Yep....it sure would be, lol thanks for the catch Adam

08-27-2018, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Sigh... the pawn shops near me never have deals like this...
08-27-2018, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hongman Quote
Sigh... the pawn shops near me never have deals like this...
Pawn shops in CNY are a good place to get hepatitis, and little else.
08-27-2018, 10:38 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The pawnshops here have a motley assortment of slow poor condition "no name" zoom lenses for $30+ each piled in a bin.

08-28-2018, 01:06 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we don't have pawn shops around here, but if there was one and it had a silver K-3, I'd definitely grab it
08-28-2018, 01:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
we don't have pawn shops around here, but if there was one and it had a silver K-3, I'd definitely grab it
If one such circumstance did exist I can say with reasonable confidence that you would be paying above retail for it
08-28-2018, 02:21 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
t I can say with reasonable confidence that you would be paying above retail for it
in that case I'd refrain from the purchase

they must push the prices up do they?
08-28-2018, 04:12 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They all initially push the prices up, you DO need to know what it is that you are looking for and know the product, also patience is a virtue with these places, just keep in mind that rarely a pentax shooter ever goes into these places so there really wont be any interest in pentax items. I have yet to buy a piece of crap from them here in Vegas. the pawn shops here in Vegas move so much stuff at high volumn that they hate it when something has sat on the shelves long enough to grow grass under them, when that time comes, they are willing to make a deal in order to move the item in order to make room for other stuff, they like to keep the inventory refreshed in order to have folks keep interest in goin in there in the first place.
any where else I rarely ever went into pawn shops, and when i did it was to drop off my business card and tell them to call me if they end up with some old box of old lenses and cameras that they just want to give away, that paid off one day in Georgia and I ended up with a box of old lenses and an old german camera all totalling up to over $500 value, got the whole box for $10
I have learned over the years that these pawn shops are sometimes a treasure trove of camera/lens gear....
08-28-2018, 06:25 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Pawn shops near me have mostly turned into Ebay'ers. They have tiny storefronts, buy stuff, but don't have enough space to keep items in the store. Their purchases go to a warehouse and get listed on Ebay.
09-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Hmmm... where is your favorite place to "bird" Dude007?
09-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
Hmmm... where is your favorite place to "bird" Dude007?
haven't found one yet....
09-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
haven't found one yet....
Glad to know I'm not alone!