Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews


Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 8,951
11-24-2018, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member
Matthew's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hawkesbury
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 479
For once in Australia we are actually getting The KP a bit cheaper although the Pentax store in Australia is also out of stock and won't be delivering until December. Comes to about US$615 for a KP body delivered. No free lenses or bags on offer though. I think the KP would have sold much better from the start and thus generated a bigger following if they had priced it a bit lower in the first place. Even though it has a number of advantages over the K-3 and K-3ii, if you don't give it the best of everything, then you don't give it a flagship price.

11-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #47
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,332
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Quote
For once in Australia we are actually getting The KP a bit cheaper although the Pentax store in Australia is also out of stock and won't be delivering until December. Comes to about US$615 for a KP body delivered. No free lenses or bags on offer though. I think the KP would have sold much better from the start and thus generated a bigger following if they had priced it a bit lower in the first place. Even though it has a number of advantages over the K-3 and K-3ii, if you don't give it the best of everything, then you don't give it a flagship price.
It will be interesting to see what 2019 brings - both in terms of capabilities and of prices.
11-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,177
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm finding that being patient is much easier when the event is in the unknowable 'distant' future. FedEx tracking tells me that my KP is now in Clarion PA, and I find myself asking why the scheduled delivery date is Tuesday, not Monday, when I could drive there from here in eight hours or so.
Reh: you're going to have to update your signature photo in a few more days....In reference to Twilhelm's need for patience, mine is scheduled for Monday delivery because I pulled the trigger on Wednesday night (11/21) before they went backordered.....When I sold my K-50 last year, I included the 18-55mm kit lens as a sweetener to sell it quickly. From what I understand the new version of this lens has better coatings and better build quality than the similar/older kit lens I sold.

Regardless of the freebie lens, I'm going to put a 50mm prime on the KP for its maiden voyage and snap away....
11-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #49
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,332
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Reh: you're going to have to update your signature photo in a few more days....
Yes, I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off, though. I took the previous one at the table on our outdoor deck, because I get nice, indirect light there. We're just now finishing one of the coldest Novembers recorded here, and being just south of a really big {great} lake causes us to get random precipitation, so it may take a few extra days.

11-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #50
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,779
looks like Adorama stopped offering the free 18-55 kit lens. still a killer deal though.
11-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,238
Original Poster
Looks like you still get a bunch of free accessories, which is nice. Also looks like stock on hand has cleared out, but you can still get the deal!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #52
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,332
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like you still get a bunch of free accessories, which is nice. Also looks like stock on hand has cleared out, but you can still get the deal!
If I understand correctly, deals at Adorama and at B&H end at 11:59pm EST tonight -12 hours and 10 minutes from right now.
11-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,238
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If I understand correctly, deals at Adorama and at B&H end at 11:59pm EST tonight -12 hours and 10 minutes from right now.
That's generally correct, yes. Of course, we don't know what will stick around afterwards and what won't.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,177
Adorama--Screw Up--Got the Body but not the Lens Bundle

Hey all:

On Thursday (11/22), I bought the KP from Adorama on sale including ihe lens Bundle (!8-55mm, strap, and sling bag).. This morning the package arrived and it was the body only. What disturbed me was that the invoice had "this shipment completes your order".


I then called Adorama customer service. After a long discussion stating that I did not order the bundle, I provided them with the SKU and the actual photo of the bundle promotion time-stamped. After a fairly lengthy hold, I was advised that I would receive an update on my bundle within 2 days. The lens is currently back-ordered so I doubt I will see the transaction finalized before X-mas.


I know mistakes happen on cyber transactions, but they acknowledge that I was among the first to order the bundle, yet I will be among the last to have it fulfilled (if at all). Since I already sold my old K-3, I will await their further advices. Has anyone else here in the Forum who bought the KP Bundle from Adorama had a problem with their shipment....?


Please advise. I didn't want to create a separate thread inasmuch as Adorama is a PF supporter, but they really gave me a hard time and customer service there was reluctant to help
11-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #55
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westbrook, ME, USA
Posts: 95
Huh, interesting. Mine arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know what I get.
11-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,177
QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Huh, interesting. Mine arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know what I get.
Please do SelfNoise--I'm hopeful that my situation was the exception and not the norm....
11-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #57
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 64
I had a similar experience. Ordered the lens bundle on Thursday, went to the store on Friday to pick it up and was given the body only without the lens and other items. When I brought this to their attention they did a brief investigation (checked their website where the deal was still up), then canceled my order and issued a credit which I used to purchase the bundle. No explanation for the screw-up, but was not given a hard time and walked out of the store with everything I ordered.
11-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 109
I'm very annoyed with Adorama. I opened a card with them on Friday to place an order. But upon checkout, an error occurred. Never had an order placed and it double charged my new card. I was told over the phone to wait 1-2 business days for it the reverse charges and that I can still have the bundle and price. I was also supposed to get an e-mail correspondence stating that, never did. It finally reversed the charges today, but the online special bundle pricing is gone. CSR on the phone tells me I need to wait another 1-2 business days for some person to either approve or deny me the offer. Otherwise, I can just purchase it now for the $900 price tag and get store credit back if approved.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer. I just wanted to vent a bit. Congrats to everyone that has one on the way.
11-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,177
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan R Quote
I had a similar experience. Ordered the lens bundle on Thursday, went to the store on Friday to pick it up and was given the body only without the lens and other items. When I brought this to their attention they did a brief investigation (checked their website where the deal was still up), then canceled my order and issued a credit which I used to purchase the bundle. No explanation for the screw-up, but was not given a hard time and walked out of the store with everything I ordered.
If I was in NYC I would have done the same....This is a true shit show now...the lens is on Backorder and they are still giving me a hard time (their customer service dept. is in the Phillipines--coincidentally where the Pentex is made). I think I'm going to get screwed on this and ultimately return the body and wait for the next deal or just buy another K-3 series.

---------- Post added 11-26-18 at 03:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NomNamNom Quote
I'm very annoyed with Adorama. I opened a card with them on Friday to place an order. But upon checkout, an error occurred. Never had an order placed and it double charged my new card. I was told over the phone to wait 1-2 business days for it the reverse charges and that I can still have the bundle and price. I was also supposed to get an e-mail correspondence stating that, never did. It finally reversed the charges today, but the online special bundle pricing is gone. CSR on the phone tells me I need to wait another 1-2 business days for some person to either approve or deny me the offer. Otherwise, I can just purchase it now for the $900 price tag and get store credit back if approved.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer. I just wanted to vent a bit. Congrats to everyone that has one on the way.
You're not being a downer, I asked if others were having a similar experience to mine and apparently, this was a bait and switch issue. The fact that Customer Service had to "verify" my purchase irritated the hell out of me. As an aside, because the lens is on backorder, I wonder if they will ultimately fulfill the orders with the cheaper 18-55mm lens, not the WR lens that was in the original offer. I bought mine on Thursday and was still screwed out of the kit...looks premeditated to me. I'd call back and raise hell like I did. I finally got an e-mail confirming our discussion, not specific promises of the Bundled items....but I will keep pressing until it is resolved.....so sad that ADORAMA went this route with so many others.


Hey Adam--Site Master: what do you think of this?
11-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 580
Pretty sure it was web-site glitch. Disappointing for those who ordered. Stuff happens.

But I will say the camera and bag/strap bundle at $697 is still a smoking deal and you will feel a lot better when you get your hands on the KP
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
accessories, adorama, body, bundle, business, charges, coupon, days, downer, e-mail, email, extras, kp, lens, pentax, pentax deals, pentax kp, photo, price, purchase, request, reviews, sales, savings, store, thanks, times
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holiday Special Loyal Site Supporter Upgrade 2018 Adam Pentax Price Watch 23 12-31-2018 08:59 AM
Cyber Monday 2018 Pentax Deals PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 0 11-25-2018 11:50 PM
Red River Paper - 20% off 8 papers (Cyber Monday 2018) Adam Pentax Price Watch 0 11-25-2018 09:23 PM
KEH Cyber Monday-$50 off $300/$100 off $600/$200 off $100 Plus 0% Financing bladerunner6 Pentax Price Watch 2 11-27-2017 08:31 AM
Blurb Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deal: 50% Off Everything! Adam Pentax Price Watch 2 11-24-2016 01:10 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top