Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,926
11-26-2018, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's generally correct, yes. Of course, we don't know what will stick around afterwards and what won't.
Adam:

Why don't you check several of the Forum members posts on this thread about how I/They got jobbed by ADORAMA over the KP Bundle deal (697)….doesn't seem to be worth it now because of the aggravation that followed...and I still have no confirmation that they will fulfill it...their answer was to find me a similar "deal" from another manufacturer....I exploded: If I wanted a Nikon, Canon, Sony, et al....I would have ordered that...the idiot customer service rep thought that these DSLRs are interchangeable. I've bought a lot of items from Adorama over the years, but this is souring me. At the time I ordered my bundle (on Thursday, 11/22--the lenses were still in stock), now I'll have to wait an indeterminate time for fulfilment. Chances are they want me to cancel by withholding the Bundle (I have the body)...

11-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Adam:

Why don't you check several of the Forum members posts on this thread about how I/They got jobbed by ADORAMA over the KP Bundle deal (697)….doesn't seem to be worth it now because of the aggravation that followed...and I still have no confirmation that they will fulfill it...their answer was to find me a similar "deal" from another manufacturer....I exploded: If I wanted a Nikon, Canon, Sony, et al....I would have ordered that...the idiot customer service rep thought that these DSLRs are interchangeable. I've bought a lot of items from Adorama over the years, but this is souring me. At the time I ordered my bundle (on Thursday, 11/22--the lenses were still in stock), now I'll have to wait an indeterminate time for fulfilment. Chances are they want me to cancel by withholding the Bundle (I have the body)...
That sounds concerning. Hopefully @HelenO can help sort this. I understand that the bundle was briefly absent from the site during the sale, but most of the time it was clearly shown as a free item, and should be honored.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Pretty sure it was web-site glitch. Disappointing for those who ordered. Stuff happens.

But I will say the camera and bag/strap bundle at $697 is still a smoking deal and you will feel a lot better when you get your hands on the KP
It wasn't a web site glitch because even after I showed them the Order, they still persisted in denying that was the deal (697)….the customer service rep even offered to have me "cancel" the unreceived items (they sent the Body only as full and final completion of the Order) and there would be no problem....How do you get credit for a 'free" bundles item? It was not glitch--too many people got jobbed and the response has been negative....Usually when I deal with ADORAMA, they will send me a Back Order notification--on this transaction, I would have gotten screwed if I didn't take a photo of the original offer and Order....Otherwise, it's body only (not a bad deal, but not a door buster either, and certainly not what I paid for.).
11-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #64
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
FWIW, I have reached out to Adorama. Hoping they will sort this issue for everyone who didn't receive their order as advertised.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #65

Photos: Gallery
Just looking at the weight of the package I'm receiving tomorrow, there's no way I'm getting any of the extras. Bummer, I would not have ordered from Adorama without the bundle as Amazon would have gotten me the camera a day faster. Not looking forward to sorting this out.
11-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Please do SelfNoise--I'm hopeful that my situation was the exception and not the norm....
Did they not send you an acknowledgement as soon as the order posted?

B&H sent one to me, listing both camera and the {few} 'extras' they had promised.
11-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #67

I will add myself onto this list of folks that jumped at the deal offered. I figured it was a blowout/clearance program. I got my shipment today and it is only the body (in silver). I will wait and see what feedback is provided by Adorama. Until then - initial configuration complete, memory card in body and getting a few clicks before need to put the battery in charger.

11-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #68

Well - pulled the pin on this deal! But not for me - for my daughter. Grabbed it from amazon canada as the bundled lens wasn't showing up anymore. Still an awesome deal on a great camera. I'm going to be SOOOO jealous.
Interesting to note...adorama has a used KP for more $$$ then the new one right now... lol
11-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Did they not send you an acknowledgement as soon as the order posted?

B&H sent one to me, listing both camera and the {few} 'extras' they had promised.
They did....a generic order Reh When I got the body only that's when I realized I was jobbed...Kudos to Adam to fix the issue
11-26-2018, 07:08 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Pentaxian

They did....a generic order Reh When I got the body only that's when I realized I was jobbed...Kudos to Adam to fix the issue
I ordered from B&H despite Adorama's extra inclusions because I had greater trust in B&H and this was a lot of money for me - I hope Adorama realizes they aren't doing their future any good with people like me if they don't fix this mess for people like you.
11-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #71
Forum Member

Ordered the kit and a 20-40mm limited on November 24, appears as partially backordered. The order confirmation has everything listed as I ordered. The KP is listed as a backorder. They will hold the shipment until the order is complete. The email they sent gives me the choice to contact them and ask for a partial shipment. They did charge the 20-40mm. This seems ok to me. But Ordering was a bit odd, I had to edit my shopping cart several times because it did not show the included free accessories (meaning the 18-55wr, the Pentax bag, and strap). I kept searching and found the "correct" selection that listed all of the accessories in my cart for the correct price. I'm guessing someone at adorama pressed the wrong button when preparing this kit. Should I wait for the whole order to ship or should I ask for the partial shipment? What if I Ask for a partial and they try to change my order? I've ordered from adorama before without any problems. But now I feel uncertain because of the inconvenience others have had with this particular order. I thank all of the members in this thread for sharing. And to Adam for his great service.
11-26-2018, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I noticed the glitch. When clicking on the adorama link on this thread, the bundle including the wr would appear. Then click on another bundle at the adorama site & then go back to the original bundle by clicking on the bundle & it would come back with a different bundle that did not include the wr.

I'm not too disappointed since I waffled thru it & never got around to pulling the trigger. But I feel for you guys. You don't need the aggravation going into the holiday season

Last edited by jhaji; 11-26-2018 at 10:12 PM.
11-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #73
Pentaxian

Both sales are over - Adorama is charging $897 and B&H is charging $1000 - and both have KPs on backorder now.
11-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #74

Photos: Gallery
Just to confirm: just received my KP with no bundle. I'm going to log a complaint, does anyone have a screenshot of the sale they could share?
11-27-2018, 10:36 AM - 2 Likes   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Screen Pic of ADORAMA KP Bundle Deal--dated 11/22/2018

QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Just to confirm: just received my KP with no bundle. I'm going to log a complaint, does anyone have a screenshot of the sale they could share?
I am attaching the photo bomb of the sale at the time I ordered my KP Bundle...In the bottom right it states clearly, 11/22/2018 at 11:01 a.m...Unfortunately, I was on a desk top that did not have photo of the screen itself and yes that is my shadow in the background....I usually make copies of these deals because I ran into an issue with Best Buy one time, so I copy the ad to make sure they don't back away (they have to honor the deal at the time of the purchase, not the time of the processing).

I hope this helps other Forum Members resolve their Adorama issue.
Attached Images