Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,949
11-28-2018, 06:11 AM   #76

Easy come easy go. I cancelled my backordered KP from Adorama because I ended up needing the money to replace the PS3 that just died (again). The family and I needed a way to watch movies more than I needed a new camera. Maybe that turned out not to be a bad thing given all this. Would have been a nice upgrade, but part of me is fine without having to learn a whole new camera anyway.

11-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery
Update: I sent an email to their customer support and as of this morning got an email back adding the (now backordered) extras to the order. I'm in no hurry for the extras so whatever, it'll be a nice surprise whenever they ship.

Getting the order fixed was painless so they are apparently wise to the situation now. Thanks to Adam, not sure if your email contributed to that but I appreciate it all the same.

---------- Post added 11-28-2018 at 07:56 AM ----------

Also thanks to Merv-O for posting that picture and updating us on your own saga.
11-28-2018, 08:19 AM   #78

Well I heard back from Adorama and so far:

We apologize if you did not get the accessory bundle.

We have checked your order history and the one that was placed is for the single item only and not the bundle one. We can send the other accessory kit, but there is a price difference of $200.00. If this will be settled, we can send the items to you.

I sent a copy of screes photo in a response to cust-serv explaining the bundle was why I pulled trigger when I did - on thanksgiving day. Awaiting response.
11-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Papagiorgio Quote
Well I heard back from Adorama and so far:

We apologize if you did not get the accessory bundle.

We have checked your order history and the one that was placed is for the single item only and not the bundle one. We can send the other accessory kit, but there is a price difference of $200.00. If this will be settled, we can send the items to you.

I sent a copy of screes photo in a response to cust-serv explaining the bundle was why I pulled trigger when I did - on thanksgiving day. Awaiting response.
Meanwhile, apparently I had started to purchase from Adorama before I decided to go with B&H instead, because yesterday I got two emails from Adorama telling me I could still order that bundle from them .... for a mere $200 more of course.

11-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just got a response from Adorama regarding me buying the bundle at the lovely price from the weekend. They will not honor it. I regret bothering with opening a credit card with them now.
11-28-2018, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NomNamNom Quote
Just got a response from Adorama regarding me buying the bundle at the lovely price from the weekend. They will not honor it. I regret bothering with opening a credit card with them now.
They must have confused their system by all the changes they made. I do feel bad for you - it will be really hard for me to purchase anything from them in the future even if they're the only ones to have anything like it.
11-28-2018, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #82
Veteran Member

I guess I will skip their VIP membership next year then.

11-28-2018, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Update: I sent an email to their customer support and as of this morning got an email back adding the (now backordered) extras to the order. I'm in no hurry for the extras so whatever, it'll be a nice surprise whenever they ship.

Getting the order fixed was painless so they are apparently wise to the situation now. Thanks to Adam, not sure if your email contributed to that but I appreciate it all the same.

---------- Post added 11-28-2018 at 07:56 AM ----------

Also thanks to Merv-O for posting that picture and updating us on your own saga.
I also received an e-mail advising that the items are on backorder, but curiously at the Bottom of the invoice it says extension total $102.45 invoice. I just fired back that any additional carges are unauthorized, and so the saga continues.

In the meantime, I took the KP out and took some pics with my new 40mm XC pancake lens....oh what fun. these photos have not been processed at all just JPEG's right out of the camera. Amazing color--I'm pretty sure these are sharper and more detailed than my K-3 either that or I suddenly became a better shooter in 3 months time (I doubt it). The KP produces high-end APS-c product guys--and these are with a low-end lens..can't wait to put a limited on there...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
11-28-2018, 08:47 PM - 3 Likes   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm quite upset on y'all's behalves.

Count me in also as being done shopping at Adorama unless they find a way to make it right.

My 18th order with them has been my last. For my own sake I won't add up how much that total comes to.
11-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #85
Pentaxian

I didn't see any accessories on the invoice so if I don't get them in tomorrow I will have to give them a call. The accessories are the only reason I didn't go with B&H.
11-29-2018, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #86
Pentaxian

One of the guys at the Metal shop informed me yesterday. He ordered the KP cyber deal (after all my prodding and prompting) and they ended up also wanting an extra $200 ? ....I don't know the details , but he cancelled his order and will never be back to Pentax or Adorama again.
Hes really Pissed because all the deals are gone now , and its left him holding an empty bag...…..this is SAD.....VERY Sad.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 11-29-2018 at 02:58 AM.
11-29-2018, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
One of the guys at the Metal shop informed me yesterday. He ordered the KP cyber deal (after all my prodding and prompting) and they ended up also wanting an extra $200 ? ....I don't know the details , but he cancelled his order and will never be back to Pentax or Adorama again.
Hes really Pissed because all the deals are gone now , and its left him holding an empty bag...…..this is SAD.
I can't wait for my own phone call with them tomorrow. Adorama seems like a bunch of wonderful people.

They can't seem to own up to their own mistakes. Don't they understand how misleading this was?
11-29-2018, 03:01 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I can't wait for my own phone call with them tomorrow. Adorama seems like a bunch of wonderful people.

They can't seem to own up to their own mistakes. Don't they understand how misleading this was?
I felt so bad for the guy....I offered him my used K-r and kit lens for FREE.
He told me he ordered some Nikon 900 P&S from Amazon and gets it tomorrow. Like I said.....I don't know all the details , but his expression said it all last night.
11-29-2018, 03:07 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I felt so bad for the guy....I offered him my used K-r and kit lens for FREE.
He told me he ordered some Nikon 900 P&S from Amazon and gets it tomorrow. Like I said.....I don't know all the details , but his expression said it all last night.
It's just straight up wrong. It's bad enough they made a mistake but the way they're treating customers is just egregious.

I'm not going to let them batter me around in the phone call.
11-29-2018, 03:11 AM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
It's just straight up wrong. It's bad enough they made a mistake but the way they're treating customers is just egregious.

I'm not going to let them batter me around in the phone call.
First Off....Stay Cool ! This just may work out in your favor , in spite of a really bad start.