Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,943
11-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Just got an e-mail from Adorama indicating the Black Friday Bestsellers are back for 24-hours. However, the link is currently not working properly (more website issues as you can't search 5,018 results by category or brand), so it will be interesting to see if the Kp returns.
I got an email also - actually I got two of them in 12 hours. I could find the package, but it was priced $200 more than the Black Friday price. My emails noted that I had started to purchase but hadn't completed it, so I still could complete it {but they never promised me the Black Friday price}. I am very glad that I backed out of that deal and went to B&H instead.

Last edited by reh321; 11-30-2018 at 06:43 PM.
11-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Just got an e-mail from Adorama indicating the Black Friday Bestsellers are back for 24-hours. However, the link is currently not working properly (more website issues as you can't search 5,018 results by category or brand), so it will be interesting to see if the Kp returns.
I just checked and the only KP they have advertised on the entire site....is a USED KP DEMO body for $709 ??? Yeah.....that's a real nice Black Friday kit Price !
They must be having site/web problems or something.....This is CRAZY !
10 minutes later they now show the KP for $896 body only.....but NO specials.
11-30-2018, 08:13 PM   #123

I gotta say I would have probably bought a KP tonight at that Black Friday price....but I wasn't shopping for a camera on that day.

I don't really need a new camera.....certainly not for the current price.

Last edited by Lukinosity; 11-30-2018 at 08:19 PM.
11-30-2018, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lukinosity Quote
I gotta say I would have probably bought a KP tonight at that Black Friday price....but I wasn't shopping for a camera on that day.

I don't really need a new camera.....certainly not for the current price.
I wasn't shopping either. Although I had been 'talking KP' for a year, and my K-30 had fallen to the dreaded Dark Image Syndrome, and the KP price had finally fallen to my $700 limit, I bravely announced that I was going to be patient until I saw what Pentax had in store for their "centennial year" ..... then I discovered I had gone beyond the limits of my patience and bravery - I wasn't that confident they would produce another camera so perfect so me - so just before Thursday/Friday EST midnight I purchased one from B&H after briefly toying with the Adorama 'deal'. I am glad I purchased one.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/379920-pets-first-photo-kp.html

11-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I wasn't shopping either. Although I had been 'talking KP' for a year, and my K-30 had fallen to the dreaded Dark Image Syndrome, and the KP price had finally fallen to my $700 limit, I bravely announced that I was going to be patient until I saw what Pentax had in store for their "centennial year" ..... then I discovered I had gone beyond the limits of my patience and bravery - I wasn't that confident they would produce another camera so perfect so me - so just before Thursday/Friday EST midnight I purchased one from B&H after briefly toying with the Adorama 'deal'. I am glad I purchased one.

First photo with KP - PentaxForums.com
So what are you going to do with your K-30 with the Aperture Block Failure ?
You know its still fully useable with manual lenses …...right ?
11-30-2018, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
So what are you going to do with your K-30 with the Aperture Block Failure ?
You know its still fully useable with manual lenses …...right ?
I packed it away in its original bag with two aperture ring equipped lenses - FA 28-105 and Sigma 70-300 - and my AA-holder .... the kit I've been using the last couple of weeks.
If I ever need another camera, it will be there ready-to-go .... just add batteries.
During the age of film, I always kept my old camera as backup for my current camera, but after having two Rebels totally die on me, this will be the first time I've had that security with digital cameras.
12-01-2018, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

First photo with KP - PentaxForums.com
Me too, Reh...but maybe should have taken the B&H deal as well....Like many of us have said previously, it was a deal by itself for $697, but Adorama got more sales due to their promotion and like Adam (site moderator) stated, they used the Forum to promote their "best" deal. I hope they honor their commitment to fulfill those orders. ZombieAmy got only the body as well.

I'm psyched about the KP's quality though, it's a small DSLR that is about the size of a Leica M (tip 240) and achieves as good (or blasphemous to say better) photos than its teutonic competition

12-01-2018, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
I'm psyched about the KP's quality though, it's a small DSLR that is about the size of a Leica M (tip 240) and achieves as good (or blasphemous to say better) photos than its teutonic competition
The one photo I've taken at 12800 ISO preserved the detail I know should be there while not having any objectionable noise.
12-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #129
mee
Veteran Member

I packed it away in its original bag with two aperture ring equipped lenses - FA 28-105 and Sigma 70-300 - and my AA-holder .... the kit I've been using the last couple of weeks.
If I ever need another camera, it will be there ready-to-go .... just add batteries.
During the age of film, I always kept my old camera as backup for my current camera, but after having two Rebels totally die on me, this will be the first time I've had that security with digital cameras.
If you buy the low end of any brand you're opening yourself to more product failure. Doesn't matter if you're buying Canon, Pentax, or any other make. Essentially, you get what you pay for.
12-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If you buy the low end of any brand you're opening yourself to more product failure. Doesn't matter if you're buying Canon, Pentax, or any other make. Essentially, you get what you pay for.
Well that's generally true with many products. But the 'low end' of a top quality brand will usually out perform shoddy 'advanced" versions of
poor quality brands.

Pentax low-end costs a bit more than its rivals but the weather sealing, build-quality etc. make it stand out over time. I get REH's point...
12-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That is precisely true - which is why I raise the "build quality" issue whenever someone wants to compare K-70 to KP.

I'm not quite sure where the Super Program stood in Pentax's lineup, but mine has lasted one-third of a century now (*) {although it was my "regular camera" for 'just' twelve of those years}. On a couple of occasions during the decade after I 'retired' it, I put it back into action because of possible issues with the Canon Elan that replaced it. The Elan was also still working normally when I 'retired' it {to go digital}; I used those two cameras for a total 23 years .... my sense is that we won't get the longevity from digital cameras that we got from comparable film cameras.

(*) I ran a roll of film through it last month
12-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #132
Veteran Member

my sense is that we won't get the longevity from digital cameras that we got from comparable film cameras.
At the rate you shoot, I suspect that the only thing that might stop your KP from 10 to 20 years of service would be battery replacement since Li-Ion batteries have a certain life expectancy.
12-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #133
mee
Veteran Member

That is precisely true - which is why I raise the "build quality" issue whenever someone wants to compare K-70 to KP.

Oh yes the KP is clearly not an entry level camera.. I'd say it is closer to K-3 range.. premium.

I was looking at BF deals.. Canon had a 77D kit for the same price as the KP. It has a deeper buffer and a better AF system yet doesn't have the ability to AFMA lenses. odd choice of Canon to leave out... kind of a deal breaker to me.

Yet I think the KP will last a lot longer regardless..
12-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #134
Forum Member

The silver KP is already in stock and ready to ship at Adorama again. For those like me that are still waiting for their backordered Black Friday specials to be delivered. I sent an email asking for an expected time of delivery.
12-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caribe Quote
The silver KP is already in stock and ready to ship at Adorama again. For those like me that are still waiting for their backordered Black Friday specials to be delivered. I sent an email asking for an expected time of delivery.
Caribe, I'm still waiting for my back ordered accessories....it is pushing two week since I ordered the (now infamous) 696 bundle from ADORAMA and yet no further information from them other than they expect to fulfill it at some time in the future...….I'll wait two more days making it a full two weeks and report back to this thread....let me know what they tell you as I think we as a group should keep them consistent on how we, as customers are handled.