Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,934
11-24-2018, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For once in Australia we are actually getting The KP a bit cheaper although the Pentax store in Australia is also out of stock and won't be delivering until December. Comes to about US$615 for a KP body delivered. No free lenses or bags on offer though. I think the KP would have sold much better from the start and thus generated a bigger following if they had priced it a bit lower in the first place. Even though it has a number of advantages over the K-3 and K-3ii, if you don't give it the best of everything, then you don't give it a flagship price.

11-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Quote
For once in Australia we are actually getting The KP a bit cheaper although the Pentax store in Australia is also out of stock and won't be delivering until December. Comes to about US$615 for a KP body delivered. No free lenses or bags on offer though. I think the KP would have sold much better from the start and thus generated a bigger following if they had priced it a bit lower in the first place. Even though it has a number of advantages over the K-3 and K-3ii, if you don't give it the best of everything, then you don't give it a flagship price.
It will be interesting to see what 2019 brings - both in terms of capabilities and of prices.
11-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm finding that being patient is much easier when the event is in the unknowable 'distant' future. FedEx tracking tells me that my KP is now in Clarion PA, and I find myself asking why the scheduled delivery date is Tuesday, not Monday, when I could drive there from here in eight hours or so.
Reh: you're going to have to update your signature photo in a few more days....In reference to Twilhelm's need for patience, mine is scheduled for Monday delivery because I pulled the trigger on Wednesday night (11/21) before they went backordered.....When I sold my K-50 last year, I included the 18-55mm kit lens as a sweetener to sell it quickly. From what I understand the new version of this lens has better coatings and better build quality than the similar/older kit lens I sold.

Regardless of the freebie lens, I'm going to put a 50mm prime on the KP for its maiden voyage and snap away....
11-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Reh: you're going to have to update your signature photo in a few more days....
Yes, I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off, though. I took the previous one at the table on our outdoor deck, because I get nice, indirect light there. We're just now finishing one of the coldest Novembers recorded here, and being just south of a really big {great} lake causes us to get random precipitation, so it may take a few extra days.

11-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #50
Pentaxian

looks like Adorama stopped offering the free 18-55 kit lens. still a killer deal though.
11-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like you still get a bunch of free accessories, which is nice. Also looks like stock on hand has cleared out, but you can still get the deal!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like you still get a bunch of free accessories, which is nice. Also looks like stock on hand has cleared out, but you can still get the deal!
If I understand correctly, deals at Adorama and at B&H end at 11:59pm EST tonight -12 hours and 10 minutes from right now.

11-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If I understand correctly, deals at Adorama and at B&H end at 11:59pm EST tonight -12 hours and 10 minutes from right now.
That's generally correct, yes. Of course, we don't know what will stick around afterwards and what won't.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adorama--Screw Up--Got the Body but not the Lens Bundle

Hey all:

On Thursday (11/22), I bought the KP from Adorama on sale including ihe lens Bundle (!8-55mm, strap, and sling bag).. This morning the package arrived and it was the body only. What disturbed me was that the invoice had "this shipment completes your order".

I then called Adorama customer service. After a long discussion stating that I did not order the bundle, I provided them with the SKU and the actual photo of the bundle promotion time-stamped. After a fairly lengthy hold, I was advised that I would receive an update on my bundle within 2 days. The lens is currently back-ordered so I doubt I will see the transaction finalized before X-mas.

I know mistakes happen on cyber transactions, but they acknowledge that I was among the first to order the bundle, yet I will be among the last to have it fulfilled (if at all). Since I already sold my old K-3, I will await their further advices. Has anyone else here in the Forum who bought the KP Bundle from Adorama had a problem with their shipment....?

Please advise. I didn't want to create a separate thread inasmuch as Adorama is a PF supporter, but they really gave me a hard time and customer service there was reluctant to help
11-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #55

Huh, interesting. Mine arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know what I get.
11-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Huh, interesting. Mine arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know what I get.
Please do SelfNoise--I'm hopeful that my situation was the exception and not the norm....
11-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a similar experience. Ordered the lens bundle on Thursday, went to the store on Friday to pick it up and was given the body only without the lens and other items. When I brought this to their attention they did a brief investigation (checked their website where the deal was still up), then canceled my order and issued a credit which I used to purchase the bundle. No explanation for the screw-up, but was not given a hard time and walked out of the store with everything I ordered.
11-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm very annoyed with Adorama. I opened a card with them on Friday to place an order. But upon checkout, an error occurred. Never had an order placed and it double charged my new card. I was told over the phone to wait 1-2 business days for it the reverse charges and that I can still have the bundle and price. I was also supposed to get an e-mail correspondence stating that, never did. It finally reversed the charges today, but the online special bundle pricing is gone. CSR on the phone tells me I need to wait another 1-2 business days for some person to either approve or deny me the offer. Otherwise, I can just purchase it now for the $900 price tag and get store credit back if approved.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer. I just wanted to vent a bit. Congrats to everyone that has one on the way.
11-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan R Quote
I had a similar experience. Ordered the lens bundle on Thursday, went to the store on Friday to pick it up and was given the body only without the lens and other items. When I brought this to their attention they did a brief investigation (checked their website where the deal was still up), then canceled my order and issued a credit which I used to purchase the bundle. No explanation for the screw-up, but was not given a hard time and walked out of the store with everything I ordered.
If I was in NYC I would have done the same....This is a true shit show now...the lens is on Backorder and they are still giving me a hard time (their customer service dept. is in the Phillipines--coincidentally where the Pentex is made). I think I'm going to get screwed on this and ultimately return the body and wait for the next deal or just buy another K-3 series.

---------- Post added 11-26-18 at 03:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NomNamNom Quote
I'm very annoyed with Adorama. I opened a card with them on Friday to place an order. But upon checkout, an error occurred. Never had an order placed and it double charged my new card. I was told over the phone to wait 1-2 business days for it the reverse charges and that I can still have the bundle and price. I was also supposed to get an e-mail correspondence stating that, never did. It finally reversed the charges today, but the online special bundle pricing is gone. CSR on the phone tells me I need to wait another 1-2 business days for some person to either approve or deny me the offer. Otherwise, I can just purchase it now for the $900 price tag and get store credit back if approved.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer. I just wanted to vent a bit. Congrats to everyone that has one on the way.
You're not being a downer, I asked if others were having a similar experience to mine and apparently, this was a bait and switch issue. The fact that Customer Service had to "verify" my purchase irritated the hell out of me. As an aside, because the lens is on backorder, I wonder if they will ultimately fulfill the orders with the cheaper 18-55mm lens, not the WR lens that was in the original offer. I bought mine on Thursday and was still screwed out of the kit...looks premeditated to me. I'd call back and raise hell like I did. I finally got an e-mail confirming our discussion, not specific promises of the Bundled items...….but I will keep pressing until it is resolved.....so sad that ADORAMA went this route with so many others.

Hey Adam--Site Master: what do you think of this?
11-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty sure it was web-site glitch. Disappointing for those who ordered. Stuff happens.

But I will say the camera and bag/strap bundle at $697 is still a smoking deal and you will feel a lot better when you get your hands on the KP