Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,884
11-29-2018, 05:10 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
It's just straight up wrong. It's bad enough they made a mistake but the way they're treating customers is just egregious.

I'm not going to let them batter me around in the phone call.
Well, I'm not giving up....Tally so far: 2 phone calls & 5 e-mails. Thusfar, they acknowledge the accessories but sent me an ambiguous invoice that indicates I owe them additional $$$. That will be today's fight. SO sad that a week after they posted the special, I had to prove to-them that they created the special. I am surprised that Adorama has not posted its own thread on the Forum here to apologize, explain and/or correct the situation. I suspect now that this was a mistake and/or was limited to stock on hand....Well, they should be glad that they received all these extra sale and do what they can to rectify.
I will scan the last e-mail invoice in to share with the group (omitting certain personal & financial info of course) a bit later today. The camera is worth 697 on its own, but a deal is a deal.

11-29-2018, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #92

Photos: Gallery
I sent a support email through their website using the code "Received Damaged, Defective, Wrong item" and the order number and that worked out for me. I mean, I haven't actually received the stuff because it's backordered, but there does seem to be a free order in their system now for it. Here's the comment I used:

"Hi, I ordered what was clearly listed as the Pentax KP body plus a free bag, strap and lens but got only the body. I've discussed with others who took advantage of this deal and they have the same problem. Can you help me get the rest of my order please?"
11-29-2018, 05:40 AM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adorama "Bait & Switch" Invoice....

I received this invoice with an additional $102.24 'extension' on it..here is the main part of it (sans personal financial info, etc.)....What is this BS? I've already advised them that any additional charge is unauthorized.....
Attached Images

11-29-2018, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adorama is the company which had a mysterious listing for a "KZ" with several unreal prices. In retrospect, an offer that came and went several times should have been a warning; my guess is that one of those times they changed the visual presentation without changing the behind-the-scenes implementation, but their customers shouldn't have to pay for their inept web work {anyone who wants to use my words/thoughts while 'negotiating' with them is welcome to do so}

11-29-2018, 07:08 AM - 2 Likes   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Adorama is the company which had a mysterious listing for a "KZ" with several unreal prices. In retrospect, an offer that came and went several times should have been a warning; my guess is that one of those times they changed the visual presentation without changing the behind-the-scenes implementation, but their customers shouldn't have to pay for their inept web work {anyone who wants to use my words/thoughts while 'negotiating' with them is welcome to do so}
No worries there Reh, as a trial attorney, I am going to ride them as a hobby (getting too cold up here to walk around for hours taking photos anyway) util they make this right...maybe I'll start a small class action on everyone who got jobbed by ADORAMA-(-one of our Forum sponsors by the way...lol). Anyway, if I need a 'para-legal' to jump aboard, I'll come calling...for sure.

---------- Post added 11-29-18 at 07:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
I sent a support email through their website using the code "Received Damaged, Defective, Wrong item" and the order number and that worked out for me. I mean, I haven't actually received the stuff because it's backordered, but there does seem to be a free order in their system now for it. Here's the comment I used:

"Hi, I ordered what was clearly listed as the Pentax KP body plus a free bag, strap and lens but got only the body. I've discussed with others who took advantage of this deal and they have the same problem. Can you help me get the rest of my order please?"
Make sure you have a confirming e-mail from customer service....(see my invoice attached). Everything is in place except for the additional charge they want to piggy back onto my origin al purchase. Just because they attached it, make sure no "extension" invoice is lingering out there.
11-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
No worries there Reh, as a trial attorney, I am going to ride them as a hobby (getting too cold up here to walk around for hours taking photos anyway) util they make this right...maybe I'll start a small class action on everyone who got jobbed by ADORAMA-(-one of our Forum sponsors by the way...lol). Anyway, if I need a 'para-legal' to jump aboard, I'll come calling...for sure.
It's just surprising to me because of Adorama is seen as a "reputable" company. I've had a similar issue through newegg where they sent me a refurbed laptop with the wrong specs, however in that case Newegg not only let me replace it, but gave me a store credit in a single call. Just a difference right?
11-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #97
Veteran Member

One time last year at Cabela's , I had a horrible experience buying several used firearms and reloading equipment with a nasty lady at the counter. The "Bad Taste" it left in my mouth was so unpalatable that right at the end when I was ready to sign my Background check and head out of the store with $5K of goods , I stopped and said NO WAY do I want to remember this horrible fiasco......I told them to go Blow and never looked back !
I know it doesn't help any in the situation here , but after a really bad experience with Adorama , it may be best to just go elsewhere, rather than have the memory of a bad experience lingering in your mind every time you use your KP ?

11-29-2018, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
One time last year at Cabela's , I had a horrible experience buying several used firearms and reloading equipment with a nasty lady at the counter. The "Bad Taste" it left in my mouth was so unpalatable that right at the end when I was ready to sign my Background check and head out of the store with $5K of goods , I stopped and said NO WAY do I want to remember this horrible fiasco......I told them to go Blow and never looked back !
I know it doesn't help any in the situation here , but after a really bad experience with Adorama , it may be best to just go elsewhere, rather than have the memory of a bad experience lingering in your mind every time you use your KP ?
I was thinking if Adorama doesn't help me that I could go over to B&H and see if they'd honor the blackfriday price if I returned it to Adorama and bought from them instead.
11-29-2018, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #99

In my case I placed my order with Adorama via Rakuten to get an additional $60 OFF. However Rakuten abruptly cancelled my order stating reason as "Other".
So NO GO for me! They did refund immediately, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Next I went for the deal with B&H in Silver, due to arrive today!

Would've been nice to get the free lens, but idk that I really needed it anyway. What I wanted to point out is that the Adorama link(s) did not automatically select the "deal".
I remember thinking it very confusing that I had to click at the bottom of page to select among three "kit" variations. So it's entirely possible that some people thought they were ordering the "deal" when in fact it may have defaulted them to the base body only - and that's what they get. It would've been easy to overlook this in the heat of the moment!
11-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
In my case I placed my order with Adorama via Rakuten to get an additional $60 OFF. However Rakuten abruptly cancelled my order stating reason as "Other".
So NO GO for me! They did refund immediately, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Next I went for the deal with B&H in Silver, due to arrive today!

Would've been nice to get the free lens, but idk that I really needed it anyway. What I wanted to point out is that the Adorama link(s) did not automatically select the "deal".
I remember thinking it very confusing that I had to click at the bottom of page to select among three "kit" variations. So it's entirely possible that some people thought they were ordering the "deal" when in fact it may have defaulted them to the base body only - and that's what they get. It would've been easy to overlook this in the heat of the moment!
The confusion is that the screen we saw had the items listed on it. It was false advertising, or at the very least incredibly misleading.

The other bundles at the bottom were for separate accessory bundles as far as I remember.
11-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The confusion is that the screen we saw had the items listed on it. It was false advertising, or at the very least incredibly misleading.

The other bundles at the bottom were for separate accessory bundles as far as I remember.
You are correct Amy...

---------- Post added 11-29-18 at 10:45 AM ----------

I was thinking if Adorama doesn't help me that I could go over to B&H and see if they'd honor the blackfriday price if I returned it to Adorama and bought from them instead.
I buy from both stores and I've had some minor issues, but they were corrected quickly. I just don't understand why this situation is not being resolved by Adorama in an amicable fashion. I really don't need the lens (it's average at best) , but the sheer principle of them advertising and using their advertising in this Forum to have people purchase from them when we could have gotten a slightly lesser accessory kit for the same price with less aggravation. I just received an e-mail that acknowledged the bundle, but not a new receipt attached acknowledging that they are removing the additional costs of the bundle (see my receipt attached earlier in this thread.). Nonsense.
11-29-2018, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam:

Why don't you check several of the Forum members posts on this thread about how I/They got jobbed by ADORAMA over the KP Bundle deal (697)….doesn't seem to be worth it now because of the aggravation that followed...and I still have no confirmation that they will fulfill it...their answer was to find me a similar "deal" from another manufacturer....I exploded: If I wanted a Nikon, Canon, Sony, et al....I would have ordered that...the idiot customer service rep thought that these DSLRs are interchangeable. I've bought a lot of items from Adorama over the years, but this is souring me. At the time I ordered my bundle (on Thursday, 11/22--the lenses were still in stock), now I'll have to wait an indeterminate time for fulfilment. Chances are they want me to cancel by withholding the Bundle (I have the body)...
Pentax / Ricoh needs to to be aware of this. If I were the manufacturer and one of my distributors pulled this on buyers of my products, I would be livid.

Also, good luck to all those who are battling with Adorama. This experience is ruining the firm's good (?) reputation and will only cause them a loss of business in the long run. I know I will not be dealing with them in the future, if this the way they treat customers.
11-29-2018, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

I buy from both stores and I've had some minor issues, but they were corrected quickly. I just don't understand why this situation is not being resolved by Adorama in an amicable fashion. I really don't need the lens (it's average at best) , but the sheer principle of them advertising and using their advertising in this Forum to have people purchase from them when we could have gotten a slightly lesser accessory kit for the same price with less aggravation. I just received an e-mail that acknowledged the bundle, but not a new receipt attached acknowledging that they are removing the additional costs of the bundle (see my receipt attached earlier in this thread.). Nonsense.
Are you signing your emails with your title at the end? Merv-O Esq!
That may make them pay attention, especially if you have any pals in the NY consumer affairs division. Go big or go home and all that.
11-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you contacted Helen Oster? She is usually very good about getting problems straightened out and she is very direct if something cannot be fixed.
11-29-2018, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Are you signing your emails with your title at the end? Merv-O Esq!
That may make them pay attention, especially if you have any pals in the NY consumer affairs division. Go big or go home and all that.
I've found a letter to the states Attorney General's office often brings positive results.