Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Cyber Monday 2018 - $200 off the Pentax KP - just $697!
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM

The Pentax KP just dipped by $200 at B&H as an early Black Friday deal. Get yours at the lowest price of the year and score a free lens while you're at it!

Pentax KP Body
21% Off / $185 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
21% Off / $188 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $900
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 13,933
11-29-2018, 01:43 PM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Have you contacted Helen Oster? She is usually very good about getting problems straightened out and she is very direct if something cannot be fixed.
I'm actually surprised she hasn't stepped in yet. She does monitor the forums, at least she used to.

11-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
I'm actually surprised she hasn't stepped in yet. She does monitor the forums, at least she used to.
Me too. That was one of her best points. She would defend Adorama if she thought it was being unfairly criticized but was always diligent about getting mixups fixed.
11-29-2018, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Heard nothing...According to Adam our Forum director /, Helen Oster has not been logged on since approximately August, 2018. Perhaps she has moved on....Considering the volume Adorama has, Pentax is only a small sliver of their gross sales, though all sales are important and I appreciate the fact that they are a full service Pentax store....but I'm still pissed at how I'm being treated. Over the past year, I've made at least seven orders, ranging from lenses to filters to peripherals, etc. In fact, the same time I bought the KP, I also purchased the 40mm f2.8 pancake lens from Adorama, that arrived in less than two days-no problem.

Ce'st La Vie.

---------- Post added 11-29-18 at 02:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Are you signing your emails with your title at the end? Merv-O Esq!
That may make them pay attention, especially if you have any pals in the NY consumer affairs division. Go big or go home and all that.
That's funny. yes, my e-mail has a letterhead 'signature' so I guess they're not worried about the class action by disgruntled Pentax owners....

---------- Post added 11-29-18 at 02:13 PM ----------

Honestly, I don't want to go through contortions for a couple of hundred bucks, but it really boils down to truth in advertising and the principle of it....Looking at this thread, a dozen people or more were disenfranchised...wonder what the total nationwide was ???? Several hundred? who knows. The bottom line is, these specials created a viable price-point for the KP and they could sell another boat load at this price, even without the accersories.
11-29-2018, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had actually sent her an e-mail the day my Adorama card was double charged. I have not received a reply yet. Maybe she's on vacation? (wishful thinking )

Since Merv-O had the picture of black KP with the sale, I thought I'd include a screenshot of the silver one. SS taken the morning of Black Friday.

Attached Images

11-29-2018, 03:48 PM - 4 Likes   #110
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Honestly, I don't want to go through contortions for a couple of hundred bucks, but it really boils down to truth in advertising and the principle of it....Looking at this thread, a dozen people or more were disenfranchised...wonder what the total nationwide was ???? Several hundred? who knows. The bottom line is, these specials created a viable price-point for the KP and they could sell another boat load at this price, even without the accersories.
The supposed freebies gave Adorama an edge over their competitors; after we subsequently promoted the offer, most users opted for Adorama's offer over that of B&H and others. Not acknowledging (let along honoring) the bundle deal, which was live for not one but four days on the Adorama web site, is a serious breach of trust in my opinion, not only for all the customers but also for PF as a partner of Adorama. I understand that representatives are probably getting swamped around this time of year, but at the very least I would expect some sort of effort by Adorama to make this right.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2018, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

Heard nothing...According to Adam our Forum director /, Helen Oster has not been logged on since approximately August, 2018. Perhaps she has moved on....Considering the volume Adorama has, Pentax is only a small sliver of their gross sales, though all sales are important and I appreciate the fact that they are a full service Pentax store....but I'm still pissed at how I'm being treated.
She last posted here in response to the thread about their "KZ" listing.
Helen Oster - View Profile - PentaxForums.com

I know they are busy at this time of year - this is a lousy time for their second web blunder in four months - but their reputation is at stake here.
11-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NomNamNom Quote
I had actually sent her an e-mail the day my Adorama card was double charged. I have not received a reply yet. Maybe she's on vacation? (wishful thinking )
I doubt she is on vacation. Our younger daughter works 'in retail', and they are in a 'black out' period when no one is allowed to take time off.

11-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #113
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
After looking through our referrals, it looks like some users got the freebies, but others didn't, despite ordering the same exact SKU. Others somehow managed to order a SKU without any extras at all even though this shouldn't be possible by default.

There's clearly some sort of a glitch on their site.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
After looking through our referrals, it looks like some users got the freebies, but others didn't, despite ordering the same exact SKU. Others somehow managed to order a SKU without any extras at all even though this shouldn't be possible by default.

There's clearly some sort of a glitch on their site.
I did not get said freebies. I hope it's not a huge headache to get them.
11-30-2018, 12:10 AM   #115
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Attached is what a referral for another user looked like. He said, via PM, and he did not get the freebies either. However, Adorama said they would send them out. They have yet to be shipped or confirmed, however.
Attached Images

Adam

11-30-2018, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Adorama finally sent Confirmation E-Mail on KP Bundle

Adorama, after 9 e-mails and 3 phone calls over the past week, has finally acknowledged the accessory bundle for my account. I was advised that it will take an unknown amount of time to fulfill the order but they promise to get it done.

For now I'll wait and see what happens. The proverbial "ball" is in Adorama's court, hopefully they hit a return.
11-30-2018, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #117
Pentaxian

Adorama, after 9 e-mails and 3 phone calls over the past week, has finally acknowledged the accessory bundle for my account. I was advised that it will take an unknown amount of time to fulfill the order but they promise to get it done.

For now I'll wait and see what happens. The proverbial "ball" is in Adorama's court, hopefully they hit a return.
9 emails and 3 phone calls it at least 9 contacts too many ! I wouldn't want any Camera or Bundle after all the hassles, heartache , and major disappointment some are going through.
Im not even affected directly by it at all , yet its left a very bad taste in my mouth because of my fellow PF brethren being so gravely disappointed and treated unfairly.
11-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
9 emails and 3 phone calls it at least 9 contacts too many ! I wouldn't want any Camera or Bundle after all the hassles, heartache , and major disappointment some are going through.
Im not even affected directly by it at all , yet its left a very bad taste in my mouth because of my fellow PF brethren being so gravely disappointed and treated unfairly.
I don't know how much @Helen Oster; is juggling.
I don't know how many changes the Adorama web crew has had to deal with
I don't know how many issues the Adorama 'customer service' people are dealing with.
But you are right - this is inexcusable.
People there made a mistake and people there should fix it.
Their sloppiness should not be our problem, and their unwillingness to fix it speedily makes me very reluctant to deal with them.
11-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got an e-mail from Adorama indicating the Black Friday Bestsellers are back for 24-hours. However, the link is currently not working properly (more website issues as you can't search 5,018 results by category or brand), so it will be interesting to see if the Kp returns.
11-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Just got an e-mail from Adorama indicating the Black Friday Bestsellers are back for 24-hours. However, the link is currently not working properly (more website issues as you can't search by category or brand), so it will be interesting to see if the Kp returns.
At this point, I wouldn't trust them. Who wants to go to battle over a purchase!