Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Pentax K-1 & D-BG6 Grip $1,490.69
Posted By: reduno, 11-27-2018, 07:26 AM

Just noticed that Optics Planet has the Pentax K-1 and D-BG6 grip as a bundled package for $1,674.93. Today (Nov 27th), you can also apply their Black Friday / Cyber Monday code "BFCYBER" and get an additional 11% off, taking the price down to $1,490.69:
Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera, 36.4 Megapixel, 19568 Color: Black, W/ Bundle | 12% Off w/ Free S&H
I have not had any experience with this seller but they appear to be on the Ricoh Imaging authorized dealer list:
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/images/Ricoh%20Imaging_Authorized%20Dealer%20List.pdf

Last edited by reduno; 11-27-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Views: 973
11-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Alright, this finally did it for me. Online ratings for this merchant are not great, but BBB has them at A+. I suspect they don't have the item in stock, but rather drop ship from Ricoh. Anyway, I am not in a rush. I placed the order, will let you know how it goes.
11-27-2018, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ikarus Quote
Alright, this finally did it for me. Online ratings for this merchant are not great, but BBB has them at A+. I suspect they don't have the item in stock, but rather drop ship from Ricoh. Anyway, I am not in a rush. I placed the order, will let you know how it goes.
Not to detour too much but I have very little faith in BBB ratings from personal experience and online discussion. The BBB model is really one of cover up and clean up. But if they have an A+ rating they will likely try to keep it which means a squeaky wheel is likely to get results.
11-29-2018, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

They do deserve their poor online reviews. I clicked on the order status link in the confirmation email just now and it shows as 'order canceled'. Mind you, up to now they didn't bother to let me know, even though they had no qualms about immediately starting to spam me with unrelated emails after I had placed the order. So yeah, they definitely cannot be recommended.

11-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
They do deserve their poor online reviews. I clicked on the order status link in the confirmation email just now and it shows as 'order canceled'. Mind you, up to now they didn't bother to let me know, even though they had no qualms about immediately starting to spam me with unrelated emails after I had placed the order. So yeah, they definitely cannot be recommended.
Sorry to hear they cancelled your order, I owe you an apology for not doing my own research before posting the "deal" in the first place. The K-1 has also now disappeared from their web page. I guess this is another reason to buy from a reputable seller (although the Kp bundle issue this year suggests that may not always be a guarantee). Again, my apologies for wasting your time and getting you more spam.
11-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I, and many others, have found sellers of equipment in the pf marketplace to be honest and reliable. You might want to keep an eye out for a used, low shutter count K-1
11-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
I, and many others, have found sellers of equipment in the pf marketplace to be honest and reliable. You might want to keep an eye out for a used, low shutter count K-1
Agreed!

11-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
I owe you an apology for not doing my own research before posting the "deal" in the first place.
No worries, you don't owe me anything. It was worth a shot, but probably just too good to be true. My K-3 still serves me fine, so I don't really 'need' a K-1, and if I did, they are still available new for more than decent prices: 1500 on Amazon, and Ricoh still shows it with the 28-105 for 1800.
12-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Sorry to hear they cancelled your order, I owe you an apology for not doing my own research before posting the "deal" in the first place. The K-1 has also now disappeared from their web page. I guess this is another reason to buy from a reputable seller (although the Kp bundle issue this year suggests that may not always be a guarantee). Again, my apologies for wasting your time and getting you more spam.

I didn't buy it but a member ASENO has a K1 for $1099 w/ 4750 shutter count. Good deal and in the forum. Good luck.