Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
12 days of Pentax holiday deals @ the US Ricoh Web store
Posted By: Adam, 12-07-2018, 03:54 AM

A number of holiday specials will be going live at the official US web store over the course of the coming days. These are a little bit different from your everyday deals, which are mere price drops. The first 3 were:
  • GR II w/ red ring & memory card (sold out)
  • Theta Hatsune Miku edition (still available)
  • WG-50 with float strap & memory card (still available)
The deals will all be posted here:

Holiday Specials

See our deal finder if you'd like to do some price comparisons:

Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder

Attached Images
 

Views: 5,672
12-14-2018, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,244
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I got an actual answer from them.
Wording at the end makes me think that copying the email here might make them grumpy, but the essence of the answer is

"No, lens is not included; if you want a lens, get the K-70 package."

Of course, they are ignoring the fact that this is a FF package and the K-70 package is APS-C.
That reply is wrong on so many levels from a marketing/sales/PR standpoint its hard to image given how short the response.

12-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #47
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,426
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That reply is wrong on so many levels from a marketing/sales/PR standpoint its hard to image given how short the response.
I did summarize their email, probably shortening it by 50%, not wanting to violate their legalese (*).

Title following the person's name was "Technical Spec, Tech Supp.Customer Support Service", not a marketing or sales or PR person.



(*) This email with its attachments, if any, is intended solely for permitted use by authorized recipients. If you are not an authorized recipient of this email, your retention, transmission, disclosure, or use of this email is prohibited.
12-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,370
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I did summarize their email, probably shortening it by 50%, not wanting to violate their legalese (*).

Title following the person's name was "Technical Spec, Tech Supp.Customer Support Service", not a marketing or sales or PR person.



(*) This email with its attachments, if any, is intended solely for permitted use by authorized recipients. If you are not an authorized recipient of this email, your retention, transmission, disclosure, or use of this email is prohibited.
I would like to see the whole email.
12-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #49
Ooh! Shiney! Me Want!
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Working From Home
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,089
Guys - we’ve dealt with the Pentax Webstore bonehead errors before. Remember the special deal on the DA50/1.8 where they forgot to put a ‘Limit 3’ on the page and people tried to buy 100 and remarket them on eBay? That was a tempest!

They aren’t Pentax - they are a contract company - actually an Authorized Dealer - that also market lots of logo merchandise (like for Caterpillar and Hershey). A couple years ago I dug around on the Internet and figured out the company is owned by a Private Equity Partnership . . . . .

They have one rep for the Pentax account and they regularly have made this kind of error on time-sensitive special deals.

It is likely the curt response came from the store Rep, who may not really understand the difference in formats, not from Ricoh.


Last edited by monochrome; 12-14-2018 at 09:34 PM.
12-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #50
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,426
Apparently $700 KP is back
{based on Day 10, I'm guessing this is body only}
Attached Images
 
12-15-2018, 03:19 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,077
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Apparently $700 KP is back
{based on Day 10, I'm guessing this is body only}
No guessing needed REH: it says KP Camera Body expressly....no "Bundle" language in sight.
12-15-2018, 03:43 AM   #52
Pentaxian
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,244
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Guys - we’ve dealt with the Pentax Webstore bonehead errors before. Remember the special deal on the DA50/1.8 where they forgot to put a ‘Limit 3’ on the page and people tried to buy 100 and remarket them on eBay? That was a tempest!

They aren’t Pentax - they are a contract company - actually an Authorized Dealer - that also market lots of logo merchandise (like for Caterpillar and Hershey). A couple years ago I dug around on the Internet and figured out the company is owned by a Private Equity Partnership . . . . .

They have one rep for the Pentax account and they regularly have made this kind of error on time-sensitive special deals.

It is likely the curt response came from the store Rep, who may not really understand the difference in formats, not from Ricoh.
Or going back further the 55-300 fiasco. It's Pentax's fault because they allow this sort of incompetence to continue.
12-15-2018, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,077
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Or going back further the 55-300 fiasco. It's Pentax's fault because they allow this sort of incompetence to continue.
When Adorama recently bungled my Black Friday KP $697 bundle, I did not blame RICOH for the incompetence. The issue becomes when/if the contract expires, whether RICOH will demand better performance from their vendors....If you buy expired lunch meat from a supermarket, do you blame let's say Oscar Meyer because it's bad or do you place the blame on the distributor/supermarket?

I thought so....

12-15-2018, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,370
The ambiguity of the K-1 MkII deal aside all the Pentax deals have been solid. Maybe not extraordinary but solid.
12-15-2018, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,077
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
The ambiguity of the K-1 MkII deal aside all the Pentax deals have been solid. Maybe not extraordinary but solid.
Agreed...the K-70 with the double kit for 899 is an excellent deal--the Lenses on sale alone are about $400 so you're getting a K-70 for $499 w/bundle....that's a very decent deal.
12-15-2018, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,370
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Agreed...the K-70 with the double kit for 899 is an excellent deal--the Lenses on sale alone are about $400 so you're getting a K-70 for $499 w/bundle....that's a very decent deal.
Plus a tripod.

Assuming this is someone's first camera, that is a viable addition to the kit.
12-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,077
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Plus a tripod.

Assuming this is someone's first camera, that is a viable addition to the kit.
Yes it is...
12-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #58
Pentaxian
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,244
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
When Adorama recently bungled my Black Friday KP $697 bundle, I did not blame RICOH for the incompetence. The issue becomes when/if the contract expires, whether RICOH will demand better performance from their vendors....If you buy expired lunch meat from a supermarket, do you blame let's say Oscar Meyer because it's bad or do you place the blame on the distributor/supermarket?

I thought so....
The foul-up I referred to was FIVE years ago.......
12-16-2018, 04:32 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,077
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The foul-up I referred to was FIVE years ago.......
So things have not improved in all that time....I'll say this, Pentax must have the smallest marketing department in the world because there is no authorized Pentax dealer for 40 miles in the Philadelphia (PA) metro market and that's nearly 4 million people. The Camera Shop in Bryn Mawr (PA) only sells used Pentax gear....I have to go to NYC to preview anything new in Pentax land (or travel to Photokina annually--NYC is cheaper)....it's tough to be a "pentaxian"--you gotta want it--badly.
12-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
KA5TXL's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 166
Added another K1mkII to my stable

Well I scored a sweet deal yesterday at Arlington Camera. Friday and Saturday US Camera Pro was instore buying used camera gear. Of course Pentax was having the 12 days of Christmas deal for the K1mkII w/grip/sling bag/32gb card for $1899 and Arlington had that deal (w/1 exception) for $30 less at $1869. Plus if you traded in a camera and bought a Pentax DSLR you got an additional $200 off so I ditched my K20D and added another K1mkII to my collection for $1669. The one exception between the two deals is I got a padded Pentax strap over the SD card.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arlington, battery, camera, card, coupon, days of pentax, deals, event, finder, flyer, holiday, instant, meh, memory, pentax, pentax deals, pentax holiday deals, ricoh/pentax, savings, specials, website
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12% off Pentax Cameras at Australian Pentax web store this weekend Paul the Sunman Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 05-13-2018 05:34 PM
Australia - Pentax Web Store 15% off store-wide krazykat Pentax Price Watch 24 09-27-2017 05:27 AM
Sigma web store pentax deals doribeans Pentax Price Watch 3 04-28-2017 03:45 AM
12 Days. 12 Deals. - Ricoh Holiday Sales Initiative Heie Pentax Price Watch 98 12-31-2013 02:52 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top