Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

12 days of Pentax holiday deals @ the US Ricoh Web store
Posted By: Adam, 12-07-2018, 03:54 AM

A number of holiday specials will be going live at the official US web store over the course of the coming days. These are a little bit different from your everyday deals, which are mere price drops. The first 3 were:
  • GR II w/ red ring & memory card (sold out)
  • Theta Hatsune Miku edition (still available)
  • WG-50 with float strap & memory card (still available)
The deals will all be posted here:

Holiday Specials

See our deal finder if you'd like to do some price comparisons:

Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder

Attached Images

Views: 4,492
12-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #61
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Or going back further the 55-300 fiasco. It's Pentax's fault because they allow this sort of incompetence to continue.
My #1 all time favorite sales mishap is when buy or rakuten (I forget now which) shipped ceiling fans in place of Pentax camera lenses.

12-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
My #1 all time favorite sales mishap is when buy or rakuten (I forget now which) shipped ceiling fans in place of Pentax camera lenses.
I was not amused.
12-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KA5TXL Quote
Well I scored a sweet deal yesterday at Arlington Camera. Friday and Saturday US Camera Pro was instore buying used camera gear. Of course Pentax was having the 12 days of Christmas deal for the K1mkII w/grip/sling bag/32gb card for $1899 and Arlington had that deal (w/1 exception) for $30 less at $1869. Plus if you traded in a camera and bought a Pentax DSLR you got an additional $200 off so I ditched my K20D and added another K1mkII to my collection for $1669. The one exception between the two deals is I got a padded Pentax strap over the SD card.
Was the trade in just there or was it some promo through Ricoh, Promaster, whatever?

And what were the terms, please?

Thanks.
12-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Was the trade in just there or was it some promo through Ricoh, Promaster, whatever?

And what were the terms, please?

Thanks.
I have attached a copy of the flyer that I was emailed late last week. But a gentleman from US Camera Pro was there buying used working cameras, lenses, etc. Arlington Camera had two instant rebates from Ricoh/Pentax one for $100 and a second one for $150. If you brought in a camera to sell and elected to take a credit on a new camera US Camera pro offered 10% more and made the check out to Arlington Camera. And in addition if you bought a Pentax DSLR there was an additional Pentax instant rebate of $200. The K1mkII was the body, battery, battery grip and sling bag. The only difference between that offer and the one on the Ricoh/Pentax website was I received a Pentax padded strap instead of a 32gb SD card. I happily paid the sales tax But this was only a two day event, they did have a few more K1's and some mkII's and a couple of 645's. didn't notice what they might have had in the apsc bodies. I had to call them Friday as they didn't have any Pentax listed on the website.

---------- Post added 12-16-18 at 08:33 PM ----------

Well I'm having problems trying to insert the flyer. here is the link maybe this will work
?Christmas at Arlington Camera Trade-in Event?

Attached Images

12-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #65
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I was not amused.
I was laughing so hard!! Mainly because I 'predicted' it by checking the serial on the sale page on google and seeing it matched with a celing fan haha. The photos someone took of the boxed fan that arrived was too much!

It still makes me smile big thinking about it.. I miss that PentaxForums.. it was a fun time.
12-18-2018, 01:28 PM - 2 Likes   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I miss that PentaxForums...
With the fans the forum was definitely "cooler"