Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread

12 days of Pentax holiday deals @ the US Ricoh Web store
Posted By: Adam, 12-07-2018, 03:54 AM

A number of holiday specials will be going live at the official US web store over the course of the coming days. These are a little bit different from your everyday deals, which are mere price drops. The first 3 were:
  • GR II w/ red ring & memory card (sold out)
  • Theta Hatsune Miku edition (still available)
  • WG-50 with float strap & memory card (still available)
The deals will all be posted here:

Holiday Specials

See our deal finder if you'd like to do some price comparisons:

Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder

Attached Images

Views: 7,126
12-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Binoculars

Listed as discontinued by manufacturer or no longer available on several sites (B&H). Other sites show a better price ($65 range). None with any in stock.
Hench, "Limited Stock"..........

12-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Binoculars

Listed as discontinued by manufacturer or no longer available on several sites (B&H). Other sites show a better price ($65 range). None with any in stock.
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Hench, "Limited Stock"..........
That is why I'm watching these sales so carefully. They seem to be either close-out sales or mixtures of close-out with continued items.
12-13-2018, 03:18 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
And today's special is a GR for $399... I guess that's a close-out and long-since discontinued...
I guess they had one last crate of them around in a corner somewhere...

-Eric
12-13-2018, 04:00 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
And today's special is a GR for $399... I guess that's a close-out and long-since discontinued...
I guess they had one last crate of them around in a corner somewhere...

-Eric
It's pretty crazy that they would have a sufficient quantity of that one lying around...

That said, compared to the original price of $899, $399 is quite a bargain! $399 would be a great price even for a standard edition GR.

Limited Edition Ricoh GR Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's pretty crazy that they would have a sufficient quantity of that one lying around...

That said, compared to the original price of $899, $399 is quite a bargain! $399 would be a great price even for a standard edition GR.

Limited Edition Ricoh GR Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com
Is the Ricoh GR a better camera than the GRII. The reviews say it is, but the features appear superior on the GRII. Interested in hearing your thoughts.
12-13-2018, 07:17 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kraigg007 Quote
Is the Ricoh GR a better camera than the GRII. The reviews say it is, but the features appear superior on the GRII. Interested in hearing your thoughts.
It's literally the same camera, but without Wi-Fi and a few other menu features.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2018, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's literally the same camera, but without Wi-Fi and a few other menu features.
So the battery lasts longer without WiFi and you save a bit of weight and cost = better to me. Thanks.

12-13-2018, 08:08 AM   #23

So this is definitely a GR and not the GRII?
12-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BuckeyeStu Quote
So this is definitely a GR and not the GRII?
It looks like the special edition was only made for the Original GR and not the II.
12-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #25

That GR is super tempting... I love my GR an unreasonable amount, and mine is well enough used that I'm starting to worry about it dying on me.
12-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zjacreman Quote
That GR is super tempting... I love my GR an unreasonable amount, and mine is well enough used that I'm starting to worry about it dying on me.
Still not sold out at 8:00 p.m. EST . . .
12-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #27
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
Still not sold out at 8:00 p.m. EST . . .

This series of items for sale is similar to the bargain bin of your friendly neighborhood department store. It is a bunch of stuff no one bought that they are trying to unload by giving it lipstick and hyping it.

The Amazon days sale in the summer is similar in practice.. but they still have incredible results... amazingly.
12-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
This series of items for sale is similar to the bargain bin of your friendly neighborhood department store. It is a bunch of stuff no one bought that they are trying to unload by giving it lipstick and hyping it.

The Amazon days sale in the summer is similar in practice.. but they still have incredible results... amazingly.
Price it correctly, and almost anything can be useful to someone. I find it interesting that only Day 1, the GRii, has sold out.
12-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I heard a youtuber that has this say that this special edition is not as grippy as the original GR or GRii. Still since it comes with the case and 49mm adapter, I'm in. Glad it didn't sell out!
12-14-2018, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote

I agree, but not today’s offering...K-1 MKII Bundle with BG-6 Grip, 32GB SD Card and Gadget Bag!

Looks to be similar to https://www.adorama.com/ipxk12.html that doesn’t include SD card

Last edited by EssJayEff; 12-14-2018 at 03:56 AM.