Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread

12 days of Pentax holiday deals @ the US Ricoh Web store
Posted By: Adam, 12-07-2018, 03:54 AM

A number of holiday specials will be going live at the official US web store over the course of the coming days. These are a little bit different from your everyday deals, which are mere price drops. The first 3 were:
  • GR II w/ red ring & memory card (sold out)
  • Theta Hatsune Miku edition (still available)
  • WG-50 with float strap & memory card (still available)
The deals will all be posted here:

Holiday Specials

See our deal finder if you'd like to do some price comparisons:

Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder

Attached Images

Views: 7,132
12-14-2018, 04:20 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
I agree, but not today’s offering...K-1 MKII Bundle with BG-6 Grip, 32GB SD Card and Gadget Bag!

Looks to be similar to Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera Body that doesn’t include SD card
I don't mean to be picky but the description on the offer is horrible. What lens is that in the photos. I could guess that it's the 18-135 but it would be a guess. I even put it in my cart and still no list of what is included

12-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I don't mean to be picky but the description on the offer is horrible. What lens is that in the photos. I could guess that it's the 18-135 but it would be a guess. I even put it in my cart and still no list of what is included
I did the same with the same results, then removed it from my cart. I suspect there is no lens in the bundle because none is mentioned.
12-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I did the same with the same results, then removed it from my cart. I suspect there is no lens in the bundle because none is mentioned.
Unfortunately, there is no way to know for certain. VERY poor job on this one by Pentax USA.
12-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
You mean the 28-105? It says kit in the product code.

Definitely could be more clear.

12-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote

Agreed, especially since the Pentax website version depicts a photograph of a camera with a generic lens (and Adorama’s does not). The “kit” in this instance may be camera/grip rather than camera/lens.

Is there any way to get clarification from Pentax?
12-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Sorry, you're probably right - I think in APS-C terms not FF terms.
12-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Agreed, especially since the Pentax website version depicts a photograph of a camera with a generic lens (and Adorama’s does not). The “kit” in this instance may be camera/grip rather than camera/lens.

I can't believe Ricoh would be stupid enough to have no lens in the kit even though the illustration shows some kind of lens ..... showing a generic lens and not mentioning 'lens' is bad enough. Reputable dealers show the precise lens.

The price is good if they are actually including the lens.

I'm surprised because this is the first "Twelve Day" offer for something that is clearly not being discontinued/

Attached Images

12-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I can't believe Ricoh would be stupid enough to have no lens in the kit even though the illustration shows some kind of lens ..... showing a generic lens and not mentioning 'lens' is bad enough. Reputable dealers show the precise lens.

The price is good if they are actually including the lens.

I'm surprised because this is the first "Twelve Day" offer for something that is clearly not being discontinued/
Or so you believe..........
12-14-2018, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

If the deal is the K1Ii with the 28-105 it is a killer deal. Otherwise it is meh. Anyone know how to contact Ricoh to clarify?

---------- Post added 12-14-18 at 01:21 PM ----------

on Facebook it says no lens. Meh
12-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #40

Photos: Gallery
If the deal is the K1Ii with the 28-105 it is a killer deal. Otherwise it is meh. Anyone know how to contact Ricoh to clarify?

---------- Post added 12-14-18 at 01:21 PM ----------

on Facebook it says no lens. Meh
I just read that as well. Thanks for sharing.

On Facebook, Ricoh confirmed there is no lens that is part of this deal. They apologized for the confusion.
12-14-2018, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kraigg007 Quote
On Facebook, Ricoh confirmed there is no lens that is part of this deal. They apologized for the confusion.
But they haven't "fixed" the listing!!
This thing makes them look like amateurs - even compared to Adorama!!!
12-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #42
Pentaxian

I followed their "contact us" link to a place where I could send an inquiry to them.
They acknowledged receiving the inquiry, but an actual answer could take a couple of days {four days if they don't work on weekends!!}
12-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sucks that Aus Pentax store isn't doing anything like this...
12-14-2018, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #44
Unregistered User

There is a disconnect here.

Basic internet selling protocol is: A list of all items the purchaser will receive ("What's in the Box") and a clear photograph that includes every item, and only those items.

This procedure is what makes Amazon and eBay work, anything short of this disclosure is sketchy at best and fraud at worst.

I suspect that the person(s) in charge of this promotion is not qualified for this kind of marketing.
12-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I followed their "contact us" link to a place where I could send an inquiry to them.
They acknowledged receiving the inquiry, but an actual answer could take a couple of days {four days if they don't work on weekends!!}
I got an actual answer from them.
Wording at the end makes me think that copying the email here might make them grumpy, but the essence of the answer is

"No, lens is not included; if you want a lens, get the K-70 package."

Of course, they are ignoring the fact that this is a FF package and the K-70 package is APS-C.