Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Highly Rated Irix Filters on sale for 30% off
Posted By: bladerunner6, 12-19-2018, 05:33 PM

I have been thinking about a Neutral Density Filter and I saw this review:

16 10-stop neutral density filters go head to head for sharpness, colour and accuracy - DIY Photography

While not quite the highest rated, the Irix did really well and seems to offer a lot of bang for the buck, even before the discount. My 82mm ND1000 was about $67 USD shipped compared to $190 for the Breakthrough.

I also saw this review of the Circular Polarizer.

[TEST] Irix Edge polarizing filters vs. Hoya Fusion Antistatic | Pixedo Lab

I already have a CP filter but again, it looks like a good deal, even before the discount.

Here is the link to the sale.

Irix

I don’t have an end date for the sale, so I would probably order sooner rather than later.

I ordered on Wednesday, noon, EST and it shipped the next business day at 9:47 AM EST. Given that they got my order at 6PM local time for them on Wednesday, that is a solid response time.

I haven’t received the filter yet but I am excited.
Views: 818
12-19-2018, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
12-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks
12-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Thanks
Always appreciate articles like the one you linked to on filters. Too often people just argue without any head-to-head information. I was honestly surprised at how poorly Marumi did in the comparison, many times they've done well but those were for UV and CPL filters.