Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
3 Lensbaby Lenses - All 75% Off!
Posted By: Adam, 01-01-2019, 10:15 AM

These 3 Lensbaby lenses have just gotten a massive (literally!) discount at Adorama. Around 75% off, and just $100 total!


Lensbaby Composer w/ Edge 50mm F3.2
75% Off / $298 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $400
Request Price Alert | Reviews


Lensbaby Composer w/ Sweet 80mm F2.8
74% Off / $278 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $380
Request Price Alert | Reviews


Lensbaby 5.8mm F3.5 Fisheye
64% Off / $179 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $300
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 2,820
01-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #31
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,289
QuoteOriginally posted by jhankins Quote
FWIW, I ordered the fisheye when it was $100 but backordered, and my order shows backordered, and I got an e-mail early today that stated as such, and still showed the $100 price.

-Jonathan
They were the conditions that we all bought these lenses. All of the ones posted by Adam were at $100 when we ordered them too. All were designated as backordered. Now the 50 and FE are not, and the FE lens is back up to $299.95. Have you checked your order status on the Adorama website to see if they have also stated it's been cancelled?

01-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #32
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,289
As I suspected, the orders will not be honoured.
I just received email notification of this a minute ago from Adorama:

Thank you for your request to add an item to the order.

Upon checking, it seems that you're order was automatically cancelled.

As you may have suspected, this item was listed on our website with an incorrect selling price.

Despite our best efforts, with the thousands of items available on our Web site, pricing errors can occur. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use and our Pricing and Availability Policy, we have cancelled all affected orders.

You have not been charged for this, as Adorama's policy is never to charge a card unless the item is shipped.

We make every effort to avoid this sort of thing happening and understand that you may be disappointed. We apologize for the inconvenience and are grateful for your understanding - and hope you will continue to shop at Adorama.
Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.


Adam, you can take down this "special deal" now...
01-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #33
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 75
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
They were the conditions that we all bought these lenses. All of the ones posted by Adam were at $100 when we ordered them too. All were designated as backordered. Now the 50 and FE are not, and the FE lens is back up to $299.95. Have you checked your order status on the Adorama website to see if they have also stated it's been cancelled?
Ash, so far, their site still shows my fisheye as backordered / $100.

-Jonathan
01-02-2019, 09:50 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,980
Mistake happens. Its good if they can honor the price, its OK if they don't want to.
It bothers me that they even do not want to to send an email to notify the cancelation and at least say sorry.

Like I said, I bought other optic parts for the lens. Luckily I found it myself that the order was canceled, so I can contact seller to cancel my purchase -- but that eBay seller will have to relist it.

It is a bad business.


Last edited by grahame; 01-02-2019 at 10:04 AM.
01-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,143
Original Poster
It looks like the 50mm is now $199 at B&H:

Lensbaby Composer Pro II with Sweet 50 Optic for Pentax LBCP250P

Not quite as crazy, but still a fantastic deal IMO!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,166
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
As I suspected, the orders will not be honoured.
I just received email notification of this a minute ago from Adorama:

Thank you for your request to add an item to the order.

Upon checking, it seems that you're order was automatically cancelled.

As you may have suspected, this item was listed on our website with an incorrect selling price.

Despite our best efforts, with the thousands of items available on our Web site, pricing errors can occur. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use and our Pricing and Availability Policy, we have cancelled all affected orders.

You have not been charged for this, as Adorama's policy is never to charge a card unless the item is shipped.

We make every effort to avoid this sort of thing happening and understand that you may be disappointed. We apologize for the inconvenience and are grateful for your understanding - and hope you will continue to shop at Adorama.
Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.


Adam, you can take down this "special deal" now...
That's sad to hear. I keep an eye on Adorama but rarely buy from them, but I'm a regular B&H shopper. Just another tick in the box to not give Adorama the time of day.

My thinking was pricing was not an error but rather they just wanted to quickly shift the K mount ones (as perhaps they're not selling as well as other mount types) but as soon as they all sold they would cancel any back orders because that simply meant they would be losing out as Lensbaby themselves would not be supplying them cheaper to Adorama etc.
01-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,166
Yup received pricing error email from them just now. Shame...
01-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #38
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 75
QuoteOriginally posted by jhankins Quote
Ash, so far, their site still shows my fisheye as backordered / $100.

-Jonathan
Yeah, my fisheye eventually got marked as cancelled, although I haven't been contacted by them yet. Oh well.

-Jonathan

01-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #39
Veteran Member
Ikarus's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 481
I didn't get a cancellation notice either, but you guys got it good, if you can at least verify online that the order has been cancelled. Apparently, if you've checked out the item without creating a customer account, all you get is an 'unregistered user' pop-up when you click on the 'check order status' link in their confirmation email. That's a backwards way of saying the same thing, I suppose. Anyway, that's truly disappointing. I was expecting better of Adorama.
01-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,143
Original Poster
That's a bummer about the pricing error. Hopefully B&H will stand by its $199 deal...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #41
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 76
When I ordered the Sweet 80 was not on backorder so I ordered. Adorama charged my card $100+shipping, and I have a tracking number (which doesn't yet show up at UPS).
01-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #42
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,961
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Mistake happens. Its good if they can honor the price, its OK if they don't want to.
It bothers me that they even do not want to to send an email to notify the cancelation and at least say sorry.

Like I said, I bought other optic parts for the lens. Luckily I found it myself that the order was canceled, so I can contact seller to cancel my purchase -- but that eBay seller will have to relist it.

It is a bad business.
Yeah, mistakes do happen, but Adorama's web site has been making lots of them, including the camera that didn't exist and their Black Friday KP special that seemed to come-and-go on the site, and just plain 'disappeared' when people actually ordered it {they didn't get the promised extras until they made multiple demands that Adorama live up to what they had advertised}
01-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #43
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,961
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's a bummer about the pricing error. Hopefully B&H will stand by its $199 deal...
Could you modify the Original Post so people don't waste time on this??
01-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Fenwoodian's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,993
.
The last two items I bought from Adorama on Ebay were both missing important parts that the Ebay ad specifically said were included with the product, but they were not in the package that I received. Took numerous emails to straighten the problems out.

My sense was that they are understaffed, and expect lots of mistakes to be made, but realize that most of the time they can correct the problem after the fact with either friendly/appologetic emails and/or by offering complimentary gift certificates. SLOPPY way to run a business.
01-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,166
Personally I think when a business get a pricing error they could at the very least offer something small in return, like a 20% off code or something (for a similar priced item), something that might still get the customer to push through with an order. Meh...

Be interesting ti see if 77me gets his order. Are they all still showing as backordered or back to normal, I had a feeling back ordered was a way to deal with the pricing error, they may still have stock...

It's really unacceptable to NOT get a cancellation email... why do we have to be the ones to reach out to them... :/
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, adorama, composer, coupon, edge, f3.5, lensbaby, pentax deals, post, price, savings
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
75% Off Topaz Bundle & 75% Off Studio Pro Adjustments! - Black Friday 2017 Adam Pentax Price Watch 6 11-28-2017 05:46 AM
KEH Cyber Monday-$50 off $300/$100 off $600/$200 off $100 Plus 0% Financing bladerunner6 Pentax Price Watch 2 11-27-2017 08:31 AM
Lensbaby 5.8mm Fisheye - $100 Off for Black Friday Adam Pentax Price Watch 2 11-26-2017 11:01 AM
New rebates: Sigma 70-200mm ($100 off) and 24-70mm ($75 off) Adam Pentax Price Watch 3 04-03-2012 01:36 AM
For Sale - Sold: I miss my Lensbaby 2.0: want to trade for Lensbaby Muse? (Worldwide) mattdm Sold Items 4 10-16-2010 06:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top