Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
3 Lensbaby Lenses - All 75% Off!
Posted By: Adam, 01-01-2019, 10:15 AM

These 3 Lensbaby lenses have just gotten a massive (literally!) discount at Adorama. Around 75% off, and just $100 total!

Lensbaby Composer w/ Edge 50mm F3.2
75% Off / $298 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $400
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Lensbaby Composer w/ Sweet 80mm F2.8
74% Off / $278 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $380

Lensbaby 5.8mm F3.5 Fisheye
64% Off / $179 Below Average

Year's price range: $100 - $300
Views: 5,157
01-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep. I can confirm. My order is also cancelled.
However, I didn't get a cancellation email. I just checked my order history and that's what it says.
I will email them to show cause.

01-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just curious, has anyone's order NOT been cancelled?
01-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Just curious, has anyone's order NOT been cancelled?
I'm literally too scared to log in and check, in case there is a system issue and the logging in is causing the cancellation.

The emails I've had thus far;

1) A paypal email saying $136USD, it will be charged when Adorama process the payment
2) A 'Thank you for your order' with a Duties and Taxes info. In the product information it has the price of the Sweet 80 for $100 in red (total of $136 with shipping).
3) An Adorama Customer Service email, 'Item(s) on backorder on your Adorama order #34643563446'. It states the order will be shipped as soon as possible, if you want to cancel the order, let us know and you won't be charged. It's still showing the order as being $100 for the Sweet 80. At the very bottom of this email is an Email link to their customer support, which I clicked before any of this stuff happened and just checked that they will still honour the $100 price when it comes back in stock, thus far I have yet to hear back from them and won't check my account status till I do. Will keep you advised.
01-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #19
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It doesn't make sense that logging in will automatically cancel your order.
Like I said, I never received a cancellation email.
My order was placed about 6 hours ago.
I received a "Thank you for your order" email and confirmation of payment.
Then a request for feedback via an online survey from Adorama.
Then as I am looking for other items to add onto the order through their website, I check the status of the order and at the top it says "cancelled 1/1/19"
No other notifications provided.
I have emailed them awaiting their response.

01-02-2019, 01:37 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm on a cruise ship in the middle of the Tasman Sea, so I'll chase my order up when I get home.

Adorama certainly will not take your money and not deliver - they are a very reputable company. I imagine they weren't prepared for a sudden flood of orders from PF price watch.
01-02-2019, 02:38 AM   #21
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'm on a cruise ship in the middle of the Tasman Sea, so I'll chase my order up when I get home.

Adorama certainly will not take your money and not deliver - they are a very reputable company. I imagine they weren't prepared for a sudden flood of orders from PF price watch.

It's only the four of us that have owned up to purchasing one because of this Price Watch, but I imagine you are right at the price they've given. If anyone has a chance at scooping a deal from them, it would be you, so we'll wait and see how it all pans out.
01-02-2019, 02:40 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
It doesn't make sense that logging in will automatically cancel your order.
Like I said, I never received a cancellation email.
My order was placed about 6 hours ago.
I received a "Thank you for your order" email and confirmation of payment.
Then a request for feedback via an online survey from Adorama.
Then as I am looking for other items to add onto the order through their website, I check the status of the order and at the top it says "cancelled 1/1/19"
No other notifications provided.
I have emailed them awaiting their response.
It might be that it's a bug, or that your order isn't cancelled, or that they are honouring some back orders and not others. Who knows... I'm imagining tomorrow morning I will get a cancellation email too after I contacted their customer service and in light of what's occurred.

01-02-2019, 02:57 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just checked. Mine says cancelled as well.
We'll see....
01-02-2019, 03:26 AM   #24
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, either a glitch, or they got in over their heads with the price reduction.
No word from Adorama at this stage either.
But there's no point in speculating any further, just wait and see what transpires from here.
01-02-2019, 05:36 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Just checked. Mine says cancelled as well.
We'll see....
Pretty sure you ordered before me Sandy, so I'm guessing mine will be cancelled too. Interesting how no official 'cancellation' email, however I have had the apologetic back ordered ones... did you get one of those emails too?

I'm not gonna log back in and see, I'ma wait first and see what the customer service rep will say about the email I sent earlier to them. I wrote;

"I'm happy to wait for this item even though it is back ordered. I understand payment will take place once my item is shipped, I take it the price remains the same?"

That sent to custserv@adorama.com?, from a link in the back ordered email.
01-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #26
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They can only charge you what you initially authorised in the transaction, so you're safe there. It's just a matter whether they'll honour the sale under the circumstances or not.
01-02-2019, 06:56 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two are back to normal "Our Price" except the fisheye with a "Special Price." I wonder if they made a mistake when posting prices rather than actually selling out and then back ordering.

Last edited by EssJayEff; 01-02-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Typo
01-02-2019, 07:53 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
Two are back to normal "Our Price" except the fisheye with a "Special Price.
It also means their "backorder" excuse is not true. they still have the lens in stock, just don't want to sell them at this price.
01-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #29
Forum Member

FWIW, I ordered the fisheye when it was $100 but backordered, and my order shows backordered, and I got an e-mail early today that stated as such, and still showed the $100 price.

-Jonathan
01-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #30
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Sweet 50 has a rebate on it, but now at $199.95, and is "in stock". The Sweet 80 is on "special order" and at $379.95.
I wonder whether they'll honour the purchase anyway, despite the "mistake" made.