Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Australia - DCXPERT 20% off is on again until 25th ...
Posted By: cmohr, 01-22-2019, 04:12 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Well DCXPERT has the 20% off again..... POOLTIME

Just jumped in the pool and got the HD DFA 150-450 DC AW FOR 29OO.OO AUD.

Saw that a KP body in Black or Silver would be only $880.00 AUD !!!!!!!!

Got to stop looking at sales ..

Good luck
Views: 1,915
01-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
Forum Member

We need one of these sales when they finally release the Da 11-18mm!
01-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
We need one of these sales when they finally release the Da 11-18mm!
Definitely!!!! , probably won't be on their listings when first released, but after a few months, will probably show up.Like the DFA 50/1.4 ect. .

I'm still half thinking about the KP............
01-22-2019, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote

I'm still half thinking about the KP............
Don't delay, do it. I got one recently from the Pentax Australia sale and it's just a wonderful camera. I'm besotted with mine.

01-22-2019, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Don't delay, do it. I got one recently from the Pentax Australia sale and it's just a wonderful camera. I'm besotted with mine.
Me too. My only regret is not having jumped sooner.

Only down side is the small grip supplied. I found it almost unusable. Fortunately a kind PF member in the US sent me his spare large grip. To buy one costs about $70.
01-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Yeah, so tempted, but, I did just spoon out for the 150-450. Not sure I should be jumping back in the pool so quickly after a big lunch.

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote

Only down side is the small grip supplied. I found it almost unusable. Fortunately a kind PF member in the US sent me his spare large grip. To buy one costs about $70.
Yes, I've got fairly big hands, and I also wondered, about the battery grip. I've heard conflicting reports, that you DO get the large body grip with the battery grip ( IE - Included in the box with the battery grip ) Also heard thats a NO, and you have to source it sep.

Wouldn't mind knowing for sure about that.

cmohr
01-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote

I have small hands but find the small grip just a touch too small for extended use so I've ordered the medium grip (and saved 11 bucks). I figure that at that price it's worth a try to see if it works better for me than the small one.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

01-22-2019, 10:06 PM - 1 Like   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well spotted. Got to be careful with these sales. They are too luring..
01-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:

Yes, I've got fairly big hands, and I also wondered, about the battery grip. I've heard conflicting reports, that you DO get the large body grip with the battery grip ( IE - Included in the box with the battery grip ) Also heard thats a NO, and you have to source it sep.

Wouldn't mind knowing for sure about that.

cmohr
When I ordered my KP it only came with the small grip. It was totally inadequate for my hands. So I ordered the large one from CRKennedy and it stays on the camera.
If you do pull the trigger on the KP, you will absolutely need it for the 150-450mm.
Loving my KP and still discovering things about it; it's a great camera. However, if I was considering it now I would hold off because I feel the K3 update must be iniment.
01-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #10
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Yes, I've got fairly big hands, and I also wondered, about the battery grip. I've heard conflicting reports, that you DO get the large body grip with the battery grip ( IE - Included in the box with the battery grip ) Also heard thats a NO, and you have to source it sep.Wouldn't mind knowing for sure about that.
The Ricoh Japan site says it is included ("the accompanying Grip L") with the battery grip (http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/kp/accessories/). The battery grip is certainly supplied in the US with the L grip - that's how the member who gave me mine came to have a spare (the KP itself is supplied with all three hand grips there). The CRK site doesn't specifically mention it - so maybe ring them to check.

The D-BG7 is selling for $231 from DCxpert in the sale - but only one left: PENTAX D-BG7 BATTERY GRIP TO SUIT PENTAX KP 27075299078 | eBay

I have small hands but find the small grip just a touch too small for extended use so I've ordered the medium grip (and saved 11 bucks). I figure that at that price it's worth a try to see if it works better for me than the small one.
QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
When I ordered my KP it only came with the small grip. It was totally inadequate for my hands. So I ordered the large one from CRKennedy and it stays on the camera.
I haven't got large hands, but I find even the L grip to be on the small side - smaller than the K-S2 which is itself not quite big enough for my liking. Of the cameras I have had in the last 6 years, I would rank grip comfort K-3 -> K-30 -> K-S2 -> KP with L grip -> KP with S grip. But my partner would rank them in the opposite order - she has small-ish hands.

Last edited by Des; 01-22-2019 at 11:12 PM.
01-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's good to know that the body L-grip should come with the Battery grip, (It makes a lot of sense ) .

I do think I'll wait to see what happens soon with a possible K-3 successor or whatever, maybe there will be something announced next month ??
The 150-450 should go well on my K-1 and K-3ii, but really hope they bring out a FF teleconverter soon... and a HD DFA*250-600mm\F5.6 DC IF AW of course

There's plenty of other bargains there too.

Hopefully the 150-450 will show up tommorrow for the Long weekend
01-23-2019, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can confirm that the large grip does come with the D-BG7.

I found the combination transformational with large lenses - my DFA150-450 practically lived on my KP on my recent Antarctic trip, and it handled brilliantly.

Although I like the small grip in combination with DA limiteds, I haven't bothered to switch back from the large one.
01-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
The KP comes with 3 grips: small, med and large
No, you are wrong.

This discussion is about Australia. In Australia (and Asia/Pacific markets generally) it only comes with the small hand grip.

The disparity between markets has been the subject of a number of discussions over nearly 2 years, such as these:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/203-pentax-kp/339454-kp-australia.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/203-pentax-kp/354901-kp-grips.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/203-pentax-kp/340973-pentax-kp-grip-sizes.html

On what basis did you contradict me (and other Australian KP owners who have posted in this thread)?

Last edited by Des; 01-25-2019 at 03:56 AM.
01-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My medium grip was delivered about 10 minutes ago - it definitely gives me a better and more comfortable hold on the camera.
01-25-2019, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My DFA 50 1.4 will likely be with me next week. Thanks for the heads up!