Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Missed Aussie Easter discounts
Posted By: K2 to K50, 04-24-2019, 09:00 PM

Despite having a registered account with both Ricoh Pentax Australia and C R Kennedy, with email news option ticked,and despite regular visits to both sites and Pentax Forum sites before and during Easter, and doing frequent deals searches, I still did not become aware of the now found 15% Easter Sale here in Oz!!!

Only found out about now - 25/4/19!!! Too late.

What is a fellow desperate to upgrade from K50 to K70 and 1 or 2 good lenses, but limited pensioner budget, supposed to do???

Last edited by K2 to K50; 04-24-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Views: 6,037
05-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Digidirect is having a 15% off sale today, I just received the email at 5pm Tuesday. Prices on their website are cheaper than on pentax.com.au
The DFA 150-450 is still hundreds more expensive than at the Pentax web store, even with the 15% off. Glad I bought it a couple of years ago! Same with the 70-200.

Anyone planning to buy should check carefully.

05-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The DFA 150-450 is still hundreds more expensive than at the Pentax web store, even with the 15% off. Glad I bought it a couple of years ago! Same with the 70-200.

Anyone planning to buy should check carefully.
Well spotted Paul. I am not buying any new lenses at the moment so I only had a quick look at a few that still interest me, like the 20-40mm Limited. Delivery dates could still be problematic, since if the Pentax store is out of stock then Digi Direct will not have anything any quicker.
05-21-2019, 07:41 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
They are offering the KP body - allegedly marked down from $1701 to $1450. Normal day to day price from C R Kennedy/Pentax au is $999.00. So their "Sale" price is $500 above the normal price!!!
05-21-2019, 09:16 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EOFY isn’t far away, @K2 to K50. Nil desperandum. Just stay alert. Remember that there can be eBay-wide discounts, as well as seller discounts there (that’s how I got my D FA*50/1.4, as I said before).

05-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
EOFY isn’t far away, @K2 to K50. Nil desperandum. Just stay alert. Remember that there can be eBay-wide discounts, as well as seller discounts there (that’s how I got my D FA*50/1.4, as I said before).
Heh - staying alert!!

Actually rang Digidirect about this price - it seems the KP stock they are selling must be old stock bouight at old prices: they are apparently negotiating with their supplier for refund to allow for price drop, after which they can sell at current Pentax.au prices!!!
06-07-2019, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well guys, C R Kennedy have the KP back in stock, but no special deals as yet.

The two lenses I wanted to buy (the 55-300mm PLM zoom and the 16-85 mm zoom) not listed currently on DCxpert, but just ordered the Pentax F2.8 D FA WR 100mm macro lens from DCxpert through eBay during the big EOFY discount for $559.00 (Listed price $649.00 at Pentax.com.au).

I may or may not still get the 16-85mm and/or the 55-300mm PLM lenses depending on budget and what else becomes available at a good price.
Still want my KP!!
06-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #67
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Well guys, C R Kennedy have the KP back in stock, but no special deals as yet.

The two lenses I wanted to buy (the 55-300mm PLM zoom and the 16-85 mm zoom) not listed currently on DCxpert, but just ordered the Pentax F2.8 D FA WR 100mm macro lens from DCxpert through eBay during the big EOFY discount for $559.00 (Listed price $649.00 at Pentax.com.au).

I may or may not still get the 16-85mm and/or the 55-300mm PLM lenses depending on budget and what else becomes available at a good price.
Still want my KP!!
Do you have a code for the EOFY discount? I'm after a battery grip for my KP. There is currently a ten percent off deal showing on eBay which would bring the dcxperts grip down to just under $300. Is that the EOFY discount you are referring to?

06-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
Do you have a code for the EOFY discount? I'm after a battery grip for my KP. There is currently a ten percent off deal showing on eBay which would bring the dcxperts grip down to just under $300. Is that the EOFY discount you are referring to?
It was an e-bay sponsored thing, but I think it ended yesterday or today. I think the code was PEOFY.

You could try it and see: you need to get all the way to the checkout stage and use the Coupon box.

I have just now (1:00pm Brisbane time) checked with DCxpert that they have one battery grip left and are offering it for $314.10 if you go to the DCxpert store and search for "grip" and then click on the item. Just below their "100% buyer satisfaction" in red slogan you can click on the "show me how" for the lower price.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Last edited by K2 to K50; 06-09-2019 at 08:22 PM.
06-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
Mega: how did you go?

Hmmm. Both Pentax.com.au (Ricoh) and C R Kennedy are showing stock of the KP body (black). But I have received advice from DCXpert that they do not expect to have stock until next month.

Very frustrating - fighting temptation to say what the hell, and buy the KP at full price from Kennedy, and not wait any longer for a possible discount. Grrrrr!
06-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #70
Forum Member

Mega: how did you go?

Hmmm. Both Pentax.com.au (Ricoh) and C R Kennedy are showing stock of the KP body (black). But I have received advice from DCXpert that they do not expect to have stock until next month.

Very frustrating - fighting temptation to say what the hell, and buy the KP at full price from Kennedy, and not wait any longer for a possible discount. Grrrrr!
Haven't pulled the trigger yet but very tempted. Do I make do with extra batteries and wait for K3 successor (which would no doubt be incompatible with the KP grip) or just bite the bullet with a camera that I am largely very happy with?
06-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, thanks to a pm from a fellow forum member, found the pentax.com.au have finally got around to their eofy sale.

Bought my package: KP body (black); 16-85mm zoom, and the 55-300 plm zoom. Received confirmation of my order within minutes by email.

Now I will be sitting on tenterhooks until it arrives!!!!

Last edited by K2 to K50; 06-20-2019 at 07:36 PM.
06-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Well, thanks to a pm from a fellow forum member, found the pentax.com.au have finally got around to their eofy sale.

Bought my package: KP body (black); 16-85mm zoom, and the 55-300 plm zoom. Received confirmation of my order within minutes by email.
Congratulations. Sounds like a great kit.
06-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Congratulations. Sounds like a great kit.
Thanks, Sunman. And just a couple of weeks ago, I had also bought a new Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR lens for a good deal. So when my new order arrives, I will have a nice new KP with 3 modern lenses to add to my collection of legacy 1970's film lenses.

Need to improve my concentration and technique when taking pics. Took a stack of pics in a friend's garden with my K50 and the new 100mm macro, the bulk of which were with the camera on a tripod. Realized later that I hadn't shut down the shake reduction function. And while I did use aperture priority, and got a few really sharp pics, in some cases I can now see that I should have shut down even more.

It is an on-going process!!
06-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's going to be a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg weekend !! But it will be worth the wait - the KP is fantastic.
06-21-2019, 12:17 AM   #75
Forum Member

Congratulations! I own all three of the above...you wont be disappointed! The 55-300 plm is a joy to use (once you get use to pressing the zoom release button each
time). Its compact, quiet, and really quick to focus. The 16-85 is bulkier but is nice and sharp at the wide end. You have ordered a great combo. What I want to know
is will you change your ID to K2 to KP?