Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sigma in Melbourne, Australia.
Posted By: Gary H Perth, 05-18-2019, 06:44 PM

I was in Melbourne Friday afternoon, between appointments I went for a walk along Elizabeth Street. Nothing exciting in Michaels or Digidirect for Pentax owners but I found a couple of offers (I am doing this from memory so I may have something confused, suggest that you check):

JB Hifi camera shop had two Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX macro in Pentax mount for $177 each. I have one of these - paid more than $200 for a used model - and it is as good as the forum reviews say. These retailed for $600 when released.

Teds had a Sigma 24-60mm EX for a bit over $300. It is big and heavy for such a focal range, but has a great reputation. I was tempted, but it is overkill when I already have the Pentax HD DA 16-85mm and the 18-135mm as well. Teds also had a silver 43mm Limited for $699.

Around the corner in Camera Lane I saw a used Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 60-300mm (23A) with no price marked. It has the rear element uncovered so it would need a cleanup and test if anyone interested, see the Adaptall thread. I have one of these and it is the best tele I have, sharper than my new Pentax 55-300mm PLM I would say.

Later I went to Knox shopping centre, Teds has a used Sigma 24-70 HSM for $299, but does not look like it has ever been out of the showroom.

Last edited by Gary H Perth; 05-20-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Views: 264