Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Amazon Lexar 64 GB SD Card 95 Mbps Potential Good Deal
Posted By: Proudmale, 05-31-2019, 01:31 PM

Amazon has a sale on Lexar 64 GB Cards for $9.99. The card is
Lexar Professional 633x 64GB SDXC UHS-I Card

I know about counterfeit cards, but according to the listing these cards are sold and shipped by Amazon. That should preclude the counterfeit card issue as I do not think that Amazon itself, as opposed to a vendor on Amazon would be putting out counterfeit cards. Hopefully, I will not get trapped by my inheret cheapness, but Amazon has a great return policy if they fail my tests.
Views: 2,395
05-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lexar briefly exited the market but it seems the brand has now been revived. This could be old stock from the previous owner or promotional pricing from the new one.
Lexar Memory Cards are Coming Back from the Dead

---------- Post added 06-01-19 at 09:28 AM ----------

Just bought 2. Thanks!
05-31-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As an FYI, we have a deals forum- please post all deals you come across there.

Also, please include links with your deals so that others can find them more easily. Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-31-2019, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The issue was (and presumably still is) that Amazon co-mingles its own stocks with marketplace vendor stock (fulfilled by Amazon). So when you order you don't know which batch your picked item originated from.

05-31-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
The issue was (and presumably still is) that Amazon co-mingles its own stocks with marketplace vendor stock (fulfilled by Amazon). So when you order you don't know which batch your picked item originated from.
Not precisely true. Click on "New & Used" and look at the list. If under "Seller Information" it says "Fulfilled by Amazon" then its not their own stock. If under "Seller Information" it says Amazon then its their own stock. You get to pick which supplier you want.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-31-2019 at 06:44 PM.
05-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fulfilled by Amazon means the vendor purchases the stock (provenance unknown), ships it to the Amazon warehouse for distribution. Where does it go when it gets to the warehouse? the same shelf as Amazon's own stock.
At this point the stock is co-mingled. When a buyer purchases from either amazon directly or a vendor that says (fulfilled by Amazon) it gets pulled off the same shelf (the co-mingled inventory).

I don't know if Amazon has now fixed this but this has been a known issue with Amazon historically.
05-31-2019, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

FWIW, I would not personally buy SD cards from Amazon. Other hardware, perhaps, but not SD cards.

I bought some Transcend SDHC R95 32GB cards from Amazon a while ago and they failed to work on a [non-Pentax] camera I tried to use them with recently. It was most frustrating - the first 20 or 30 shots would record OK, and would play back OK, then the card would refuse to be read and the camera started to lock up. Other brand cards I tried in the same camera (Sandisk, Samsung, not purchased via Amazon) worked fine.

I suspect the cards I got via Amazon were fakes, because other non-Amazon Transcend cards I've bought perform fine.

06-01-2019, 06:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I buy all of my cards through Amazon, mostly SanDisk, a few Sony and PNY and have never has a problem with any. Did you contact Amazon about the problem - I would think they would refund the price without protest.

---------- Post added 06-01-19 at 07:26 AM ----------

This really does appear to be a remarkable deal. They list sizes from 16 GB to 1 TB and one or two packs. Some sizes are sold directly by Amazon, some aren't. There is also a recovery plan offered for $2.99. I ordered a 128 GB for $19.99 directly from Amazon, Thanks for posting this info.
06-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have 3 of these (though I'm about to give one away - Just convinced my brother's wife to get a KP), and really these are my favorite cards. Especially with a K-1/K-3 combo, I normally try and have one ofthese 64GB in 2nd slot, a 128GB in the 1st. The prices seem to scale too: 128GB = $20, 256GB = $40

I'd be very curious about the results of your test??
06-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Fulfilled by Amazon means the vendor purchases the stock (provenance unknown), ships it to the Amazon warehouse for distribution. Where does it go when it gets to the warehouse? the same shelf as Amazon's own stock.
At this point the stock is co-mingled. When a buyer purchases from either amazon directly or a vendor that says (fulfilled by Amazon) it gets pulled off the same shelf (the co-mingled inventory).

I don't know if Amazon has now fixed this but this has been a known issue with Amazon historically.
What you described does not seem to be the case now. If you click on "Used & new (19) from $9.99 " which is just below the first item description, near the top of the listing, and then look at the column under "seller description" there are three categories of sellers listed, Amazon, Fulfillment By Amazon with the name of the actual vendor, and then other vendors listed by name. Thus, it is not now difficult if the actual seller is Amazon or some one else, either as Fulfillment or not. The cards under discussion here are listed in all three categories, the cheapest being sold by Amazon. I always use sold by Amazon if it is available.

Amazon's description of Fulfillment lists the following advantages:

"Stored, Packed & Shipped by Amazon!
Eligible for Free Shipping
Amazon Customer Service 24 x 7
Track your delivery to your door"
06-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Co-mingling is still too likely! Purchase from Adorama or B and H through the links here and support the forums. I doubt that the prices are that different, especially since I have seen faster cards for sale on Adorama for about the same price. And I am pretty certain that theirs are not counterfeit.
06-03-2019, 04:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Co-mingling is still too likely! Purchase from Adorama or B and H through the links here and support the forums. I doubt that the prices are that different, especially since I have seen faster cards for sale on Adorama for about the same price. And I am pretty certain that theirs are not counterfeit.
<<Co-mingling is still too likely! >>

Based on what factual information? Amazon is very specific as to the source of the products listed on it's website, as I outlined above. Are you claiming they are untruthful?

<<Purchase from Adorama or B and H through the links here and support the forums. I doubt that the prices are that different>>

I did check B&H and Adorama prices. Adorama's is $19.99 for the same card, B&H doesn't have the exact same card listed. A somewhat faster one is about $23. I'm all for supporting this forum but can't at twice the price.

Last edited by wanderer2; 06-03-2019 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling correction
06-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Does someone here use this Lexar card for a while ? Any feedback ? I am tempted but there are so many deals on SDXC lately that I am a bit lost brands and performances wise
06-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
Lexar briefly exited the market but it seems the brand has now been revived. This could be old stock from the previous owner or promotional pricing from the new one.
Lexar Memory Cards are Coming Back from the Dead
Micron, the US company which had owned Lexar in recent years, announced they were abandoning the market. A few days later, Longsys, the Chinese company which actually had been supplying Lexar chips in recent years, announced they had purchased the Lexar brand, so except for marketing operations and cash flows, Lexar should be the same as it was a year ago.
06-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #15

These are being sold by the official Lexar account on Amazon so there is nothing to fear about counterfitting.