Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax K-1 Mark II with Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip for $1797 @ B&H
Posted By: StR, 06-10-2019, 04:56 PM

Pentax K-1 Mark II with Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip is sold at B&H at $1 above the price of a body alone: $1797:
Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera Body with Battery Grip Kit B&H

I believe the body alone has been running at $1796 for several months now. So, you get the $200 grip for just $1.

PS. I wonder if it is a sign for an upcoming price reduction for the body.
I don't see a reason why: It seems to me that it would be too soon for a new body to come out at this point, especially since there were no rumors, whatsoever.
Views: 1,561
06-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see Adorama has very nearly the same deal.
See https://www.adorama.com/ipxk12.html?
06-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StR Quote
PS. I wonder if it is a sign for an upcoming price reduction for the body.
I don't see a reason why: It seems to me that it would be too soon for a new body to come out at this point, especially since there were no rumors, whatsoever.
The KP was specially priced @ $700 {down from a previous price of about $1000} for Christmas, then the price went 'all the way up' to $800, with no new APS-C cameras in sight. Such pricing changes do happen.
06-11-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it comes down to Pentax having a minimum advertised price, which I'm sure B and H and Adorama are at. But what sellers can do is throw in additional things for a reduced rate. I doubt we will see a significant drop in the K-1 II body price till either the holidays or till they are ready to release their sequel.

06-11-2019, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great K1 II deal. Also K1 can be found in EU new for 1249... is a steal. Somehow , when I see the prices of other brands, I feel lucky to be Pentaxian now.
06-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #6
StR

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I see Adorama has very nearly the same deal.
See https://www.adorama.com/ipxk12.html?
Unless I am missing something, that item does not have the battery grip. I suspect you've missed that part ($200 value). Just the body at that price has been available for several months.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The KP was specially priced @ $700 {down from a previous price of about $1000} for Christmas, then the price went 'all the way up' to $800, with no new APS-C cameras in sight. Such pricing changes do happen.
Christmas and Black-Friday-Cyber-Monday are special periods of time when B&H and Adorama significantly reduce prices on many Pentax products (cameras and lenses) for a short period of time. I doubt Father's day is that type of a holiday...
06-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unless I am missing something, that item does not have the battery grip. I suspect you've missed that part ($200 value). Just the body at that price has been available for several months.

As you can see, the special includes a free D-BG6 battery grip and a free padded strap.

See also the article on our Home Page: https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/deals/free-grip-with-the-pentax-k-1-ii.html

Attached Images

06-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Christmas and Black-Friday-Cyber-Monday are special periods of time when B&H and Adorama significantly reduce prices on many Pentax products (cameras and lenses) for a short period of time. I doubt Father's day is that type of a holiday...
My point was that the price after the Christmas Buying Season was roughly $200 lower than the price before the Season; periodically they adjust prices even if nothing else is going on.
06-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #9
StR

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
As you can see, the special includes a free D-BG6 battery grip and a free padded strap.

See also the article on our Home Page: Free Grip with the Pentax K-1 II - Deals and Savings | PentaxForums.com
Mea culpa!
My apology! I was afraid I was missing it somehow...
I spent quite some time staring at that page yesterday, and also looked around, clicked on "Special"... and still couldn't see it until you've highlighted it in the screenshot above.
Thank you for pointing it out!

The irony is that I actually had looked at Adorama and Amazon prices before making the OP, looking if they had matching deals. I guess it is the fact that Adorama doesn't include anything additional in the item title that yields a lower noticeability...
06-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mea culpa!
My apology! I was afraid I was missing it somehow...
I spent quite some time staring at that page yesterday, and also looked around, clicked on "Special"... and still couldn't see it until you've highlighted it in the screenshot above.
Thank you for pointing it out!

The irony is that I actually had looked at Adorama and Amazon prices before making the OP, looking if they had matching deals. I guess it is the fact that Adorama doesn't include anything additional in the item title that yields a lower noticeability...
No worries! I agree - Adorama could have updated the title - it would make it much more obvious.