Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Pentax Australia Promotional Sale
Posted By: Roaming, 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM

I see CR Kennedy the Pentax distributor for Australia , started a 15% off everything today.Is this a global sale or unique to Australia
How often do Sales normally occur & last ?

I was holding off to buy a K1 & lens for XMAS , but may be 'forced' to act sooner
Views: 3,632
06-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well there you go, I should have held off buying that Crumpler Proper Roady bag for a couple of days. I got my KP with one of these deals a few months ago - for $850 body only it was too good to pass up.

I'd go for it if I were you - these deals seem to be less frequent than they used to be. I haven't seen a 20% DCXpert sale for quite a while and I remember they used to come along fairly regularly and the 15% ones at Pentax don't come along very often either.
06-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #3

Where can you see it please? It seems to me that it is selected brands only, not Pentax.
06-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lulo Quote
Where can you see it please? It seems to me that it is selected brands only, not Pentax.
Nope, it's everything. No login required - prices have been automatically reduced. It's the Pentax site (pentax.com.au) not the C R Kennedy one.

06-20-2019, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Nope, it's everything. No login required - prices have been automatically reduced. It's the Pentax site (pentax.com.au) not the C R Kennedy one.
Thanks my bad, yes pentax.com.au

Any idea how long they usually last, i have asked them but no reply yet. Will post when i do .

---------- Post added 06-20-19 at 05:53 PM ----------

FRIDAY 21ST - SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
DISCOUNTS ALREADY APPLIED

On the website , doh !

So $1,500 USD roughly for a K1 mark ii , i wont do better than that

Last edited by Roaming; 06-20-2019 at 06:34 PM.
06-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
I see CR Kennedy the Pentax distributor for Australia , started a 15% off everything today.Is this a global sale or unique to Australia
How often do Sales normally occur & last ?

I was holding off to buy a K1 & lens for XMAS , but may be 'forced' to act sooner
There are a few each year, generally attached to some specific event. This one is EOFY (End Of Financial Year). I would be confident there will be at least one more before Christmas, but "A bird in the hand ...".

The 20% sales at DCXpert are indeed less regular, and far fewer Pentax items are available. I picked up the DFA 150-450 in one of those, though they don't normally offer that lens (it is there at the moment, but at a ridiculously high price). You can be lucky.
06-20-2019, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #7

I've contacted CR Kennedy and here is the response: Yes, it is true. The promotion is being run on the Pentax website only- Ricoh Imaging | Home.

06-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lulo Quote
I've contacted CR Kennedy and here is the response: Yes, it is true. The promotion is being run on the Pentax website only- Ricoh Imaging | Home.
Bummer. Would be fantastic to be able to stack the 15% off eBay code with their sale prices. As it is, their KP has just gone back up on eBay, but is more expensive than their site.

Tempted by the KP, though I like the handling of my K5ii. K1 is also on my list.
06-22-2019, 02:47 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Bummer. Would be fantastic to be able to stack the 15% off eBay code with their sale prices. As it is, their KP has just gone back up on eBay, but is more expensive than their site.

Tempted by the KP, though I like the handling of my K5ii. K1 is also on my list.
Wait wha? They have the KP listed with bonus GPS unit at the same price as body only...hmmm...
06-25-2019, 04:57 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GR III is showing at $1350 on backorder...it is advertised cheaper at retail stores.

I want one, and have been awaiting a sale, but will pass at that price.
06-25-2019, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got my K1ii & DFA 28-105 yesterday, a big step up from my Kx very happy
06-25-2019, 10:39 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
Got my K1ii & DFA 28-105 yesterday, a big step up from my Kx very happy
This will be my next body...once I've recovered from my latest bout of GAS.
06-27-2019, 01:39 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I just picked up the KP + GPS and back ordered the grip. Was tempted by the K1 but a recent expensive vet bill put a damper on that... But our Spaniel is doing well.
06-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wirrah Quote
Yes, I just picked up the KP + GPS and back ordered the grip. Was tempted by the K1 but a recent expensive vet bill put a damper on that... But our Spaniel is doing well.
Funny...I just went back and ordered the battery grip. I have a battery grip on my K5ii, and it's pretty much there permanently - I love it. The KP almost demands it I think. I'm hoping it comes with the large handle grip as well, as it seems it does everywhere else in the world (not listed under "In The Box" on CR Kennedy site though). I sent them a message asking, but have yet to get a response.
06-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Funny...I just went back and ordered the battery grip. I have a battery grip on my K5ii, and it's pretty much there permanently - I love it. The KP almost demands it I think. I'm hoping it comes with the large handle grip as well, as it seems it does everywhere else in the world (not listed under "In The Box" on CR Kennedy site though). I sent them a message asking, but have yet to get a response.
I believe it doesn't come with the alternate grips in Australia. You have to buy them separately.