Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax Australia Promotional Sale
Posted By: Roaming, 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM

I see CR Kennedy the Pentax distributor for Australia , started a 15% off everything today.Is this a global sale or unique to Australia
How often do Sales normally occur & last ?

I was holding off to buy a K1 & lens for XMAS , but may be 'forced' to act sooner
Views: 3,631
06-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Funny...I just went back and ordered the battery grip. I have a battery grip on my K5ii, and it's pretty much there permanently - I love it. The KP almost demands it I think. I'm hoping it comes with the large handle grip as well, as it seems it does everywhere else in the world (not listed under "In The Box" on CR Kennedy site though). I sent them a message asking, but have yet to get a response.
The battery grip does come with the large body grip in the box. Wish I'd known you were buying - I'm going to sell the one I bought a couple of months ago.

06-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I believe it doesn't come with the alternate grips in Australia. You have to buy them separately.
Yeah...though I think you mean when buying the body itself. Only comes with small grip in Australia.

The battery grip though...well...seems that it comes with the large body grip too (which I think is the grip designed to fit with the battery grip...not confusing at all).

CRKennedy says on their site with he battery grip listing: "this grip assures a firm camera hold both horizontally and vertically in combination with the included Grip L." (Ricoh Imaging | Pentax D-BG7 Battery Grip for KP)

I'm not sure if this is a mistake and we only get the battery grip in Australia...or the battery grip does actually come with the large body grip as well (as it does in other markets). Confusion reigns.

---------- Post added 06-28-19 at 09:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
The battery grip does come with the large body grip in the box. Wish I'd known you were buying - I'm going to sell the one I bought a couple of months ago.
Damn. I mean...good that the battery grip comes with the large grip...damn that you're selling yours and I'm not buying it - though you may get a better price after the sale anyway.
06-28-2019, 09:27 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah guys - pulled the trigger on Thursday 20/6/19 and THE PACKAGE arrived am on Tuesday 25/6/19: Pentax KP body (black); Pentax 16-85mm zoom; 55-300mm PLM zoom.

And yeah, you only get the standard small grip here in Oz - but that's okay, I'm a bit of a runt (and at 75 shrinking rapidly!!) with small hands.

Over the moon. Went bananas (Queenslander) taking shots almost as soon as I got everything out of its box!! The autofocus on the 55-300mm PLM is so quiet, and FAST.

If you are interested, have posted first posted sample pics here:

Missed Aussie Easter discounts - Page 6 - PentaxForums.com

and here:

HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE - Page 5 - PentaxForums.com

Those crows must have known my mood, they really put on a show!!
10-20-2019, 12:26 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My grip finally arrived. It was back ordered for quite a few months. Suits the camera well and the larger bolt on hand grip that came with it makes things even easier.

10-20-2019, 01:05 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wirrah Quote
My grip finally arrived. It was back ordered for quite a few months. Suits the camera well and the larger bolt on hand grip that came with it makes things even easier.
Wow, Wirrah, that was a long wait! I have small hands, and suspect that whole package would be too bulky for me. Have you taken it out for a field test run?
10-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Wow, Wirrah, that was a long wait! I have small hands, and suspect that whole package would be too bulky for me. Have you taken it out for a field test run?
Yes. With the Pentax 12-24 at a VW Kombi event. But I've always used a grip on the *istD, and K7 so I'm used to and prefer the setup. I had to photograph a gundog retrieving trial without the grip (was till waiting delivery) and with the Sigma 70-200 plus 2x converter and that was ok so I can't say the grip is essential (although I did use a monopod) but it would have been preferable in that situation. As they say, your mileage may vary!
10-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The grip makes a big difference if you shoot in the vertical and with the 2+ Pound lenses, balance-wise. Having an extra card and bigger battery helps also, especially if it is cold where you live during the winter, as it is here in Maine. The big thing is deciding if you are putting the plate on the battery grip or on the lens, or even both. Decisions, decisions!

10-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got mine too!

Same here...well...I've had mine for a week or two now. Looooooong wait of nearly 3 months, and not really any updates or explanations from C.R. Kennedy...I guess they're distributors at heart, and direct to customer (and the associated service you hope for) is a bit of a sideline. I tried not to worry too much about it, as I had read accounts long waits for backorders. I appreciate the prices though - we can't really complain about being screwed for pricing on Pentax in Australia!

In stock items have always come to me from CRK super quickly.

I find the KP with the grip to be better than without (and I appreciate the additional battery life it offers, after being caught out without a spare battery for my KP a few times). Not nearly as comfortable/usable as my K5ii with grip, but the KP is delivering me better shots on average.
10-21-2019, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
I tried not to worry too much about it, as I had read accounts long waits for backorders.
Yes, I wasn't really worried. They ended up updating the website with expected delivery dates although that tended to oscillate a bit. Again, anything in stock always arrives a day or two after placing the order. The only thing I couldn't quite grasp was that the special price for the KP body + GPS was the same price for the body by itself! And those prices were well below retail and, given the exchange rate, better than international sources. I await the next specials!
10-21-2019, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I wasn't really worried. They ended up updating the website with expected delivery dates although that tended to oscillate a bit. Again, anything in stock always arrives a day or two after placing the order. The only thing I couldn't quite grasp was that the special price for the KP body + GPS was the same price for the body by itself! And those prices were well below retail and, given the exchange rate, better than international sources. I await the next specials!
Yes...I ordered some film on their site over the weekend. Shipped yesterday (Monday), and arrived - well overpackaged - today. Pretty solid service for in stock.

I actually submitted a query about my grip order just prior to arrival, at one of those points where the expected date had oscillated back to late October. I got a reply along those same lines ("expected late Oct"), and then a couple of days later, it was in stock, and subsequently shipped! Go figure. Must come by sea surely.

I too look forward to the next sale. Agree, prices can be outstanding during those sales, and the KP plus GPS was a bargain as you've said. There's always something I must need!
11-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's on again 15% off until Monday @ CK Kennedy or Shop D FA Online in Australia | Ricoh Australia if you prefer

DFA 15-30 mm here i come !
I wonder if SWMBO will notice. At least its a lot smaller than 4WD accessories
11-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
It's on again 15% off until Monday @ CK Kennedy or Shop D FA Online in Australia | Ricoh Australia if you prefer

DFA 15-30 mm here i come !
I wonder if SWMBO will notice. At least its a lot smaller than 4WD accessories
MMmmmmm. all very tempting , must resist urges.

As a side note, I did see someone here on PF selling one of these in SEQ, could be a good savings. ( not me, I love my 15-30. )