Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
20% all Pentax overstock - KEH (8/24 thru 8/28)
Posted By: Adam, 08-24-2019, 12:12 PM

For then ext 5 days, KEH is running a 20% off special on their overstock category, which currently includes lots of Pentax cameras and lenses.

For example, you could get a DA 12-24mm or DA* 16-50mm in EX+ condition for just $320, or a DA 40mm Limited for $155. Full list:

Pentax Overstock at KEH Camera - 20% Off

Use the coupon code OVER8A.

Views: 1,822
08-24-2019, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #2

correction, could grab the 16-50 for $320, I got it! Thanks for the link!!
08-25-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
645z and FA31 included in the sale
08-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bait and switch as usual. First they hike the prices before the sale. Ordered a couple of items and then they did not apply the discount to one of the lenses saying “it’s not an overstock item”. This is not the KEH we all knew and loved a few years ago.

08-26-2019, 07:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be fair, srs in the UK are doing a 20% off Pentax lenses bank holiday deal today - so it might just be something from Ricoh being passed on, but that isn't overstock. Just btw, I've noticed the regular prices of Pentax lenses fluctuating a lot in recent months - by asmuch as 20% without a deal in some cases - but this srs deal is 20% off reasonable prices.
08-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Bait and switch as usual. First they hike the prices before the sale. Ordered a couple of items and then they did not apply the discount to one of the lenses saying ďitís not an overstock itemĒ. This is not the KEH we all knew and loved a few years ago.
I have noticed what appear to be price changes on the identical items when they go on sale also! So then it is just like last weeks prices, perhaps a few percent off.
08-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
To be fair, srs in the UK are doing a 20% off Pentax lenses bank holiday deal today - so it might just be something from Ricoh being passed on, but that isn't overstock. Just btw, I've noticed the regular prices of Pentax lenses fluctuating a lot in recent months - by asmuch as 20% without a deal in some cases - but this srs deal is 20% off reasonable prices.
KEH only sells used, so their pricing and deals should be divorced from any official sales events or pricing policies.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I have noticed what appear to be price changes on the identical items when they go on sale also! So then it is just like last weeks prices, perhaps a few percent off.
I don't think KEH is doing anything shady here. Prices vary based on the condition of the item, and so will change from time to time as items sell and new ones come it. For some lenses, the mere inclusion of the lens cap or case could mean a $20 difference in price. I've been looking at their Pentax page for the past several weeks and haven't observed anything suspicious.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-28-2019, 05:34 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Saxplayer1004 Quote
correction, could grab the 16-50 for $320, I got it! Thanks for the link!!
whelp, it arrived today and it is going right back in the box. Bought it at EX+ quality and was only missing the box. Problem was SDM is dead on it, apparently they are only doing visual checks and not any functional tests.... Real bummer since it looks nearly new otherwise
08-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
whelp, it arrived today and it is going right back in the box. Bought it at EX+ quality and was only missing the box. Problem was SDM is dead on it, apparently they are only doing visual checks and not any functional tests.... Real bummer since it looks nearly new otherwise
That's too bad! I wonder if they'd offer to fix it free of charge...

Adam

08-30-2019, 05:01 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's too bad! I wonder if they'd offer to fix it free of charge...
they're exchanging it. This one was serial starting with 902, the replacement is 905 which looks like it is after the supposed fix
08-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

they're exchanging it. This one was serial starting with 902, the replacement is 905 which looks like it is after the supposed fix
So effectively the customer is performing the QA and checks. Saves them time and money.
08-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not sure of KEH these days. I was duped into a DA*50-135. Although I like the lens it has all the SDM drama that we all know of.