just got an email from " LensAuthority "

this is what the email says

QuoteQuote:
used gear sale

15 % off plus free Oben ACM-2400 Monopod *

code is SEPT15

offer expires 9/16/19 one use per customers

[ * - while supplies last ]

here is link to the Pentax gear ( including out of stock )

Camera Systems - Pentax - LensAuthority

I have never dealt with them, here is information about the business

QuoteQuote:
About Us

LensAuthority.com is a stand-alone company founded by the same people who founded and operate LensRentals.com. If you're looking at a product on our website, odds are good that it was a rental item in a former life, and is now looking for a good home, where it can settle down with one user. As a rental item, it was used and probably shows some blemishes from the rental cycles it endured. That said, the rental cycle also includes relentless testing and inspection, and if needed, repairs and recalibration.

LensAuthority purchases the equipment, inspects it, tests it, grades it, and lists it here for you to purchase. Virtually all of the items we sell are used. The only exceptions are currently a handful of Zeiss and Leica new-in-box items. If an item is brand new, we will make that very clear in the listing.

We offer the same terms, level of service, and quality products as before. We are simply using a different website and a different corporate structure to do so.
FAQ - LensAuthority
Views: 796
09-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great find, aslynfox! Worth posting if only for that $901 D-FA 150-450 (provided the buyer can tolerate the noted wear and internal dust). I would have snapped that up if I didn't already have one.

What I can say about LensAuthority if you're a first time buyer - prepare for an act of Congress to get them to ship your first order.

After a few days following submitting my first order...

* They wanted a work email that was separate from the one I ordered through. Sorry, no, one email should suffice.
* They didn't take me saying 'no' to that well, and insisted again on a 2nd email address to try to verify who I was.
* I sent them a photocopy of my driver's license, concealed-carry handgun license, and professional engineering registration card - all tied to the same address and phone number. 2 gov't issued photo ID's and one extremely regulated ID card.
* They claimed my phone number was not connected to my address via their "public records".
* I had to log in to my cell phone account and make a screenshot of my account settings and latest bill showing it indeed was.
* Only then did they 'clear' the order for shipment.

All of this for a $180 used lens.

I don't get Customer-Service Angry hardly ever, but boy did that 2-day, 9-email exchange send me up the wall.
09-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
as I said I've never done business with them

only with LensRental and I have had nothing but praise for that company
09-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I don't mean any offense to anyone here.
I tried ordering a used DFA 28-105 lens a while back and had the same issues that disasterfilm had except a bit different.
They insisted on a second Email , verified CC proof of address , and a second verifiable phone number.
3 days of Emails was enough.
No Thanks !
And on top of all that crap it took 3 weeks to get a Refund for a Lens that never got shipped to go back into my bank account !
No Thanks.....I don't need more hassles in my life for a $200 used lens from the LIA (Lens Intelligence Agency)…...lol.