Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax K1 II + D FA 28-105mm WR + 1 year 20GB Adobe Creative Cloud for $1,686.99
Posted By: vietnam74, 11-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Only 2x left in stock. Hurry!

amazon.com : Pentax K-1 Mark II 36MP Weather Resistant DSLR w/D-FA 28-105 WR Lens, Black with Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan 20 GB (Photoshop+Lightroom) 12-Month Subscription : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Views: 8,981
11-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vietnam74 Quote
This is how Amazon shipped its warehouse deal! Glad Pentax HD FA* 50mm F1.4 lens builds like a brick to survive this kind of torture! ��
Gotta love AMAZON's shipping department. My 24-70 bought new came in a plastic bag. An unbreakable $10.00 oil filter wrench was shipped in 3 boxes with bubble wrap. My $70 case for my classical guitar was shipped in 2 boxes. The $1000.00 classical guitar was shipped in the box from the manufacturer with no padding as was smashed to heck, sent it back and ordered from Sweetwater which used bubble wrap and an outer box to ship.

Living in the country we use AMAZON a lot and I just have to scratch my head at the stuff I've seen them do. If they ever make returns harder, they're business would suffer greatly.

11-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No manual, no soft case at all.
What condition did Amazon describe the lens as being in? I purchased a "like new" DA 40mm from the warehouse deals and it arrived in the original box with all accessories and paperwork.
11-15-2019, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #33
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
What condition did Amazon describe the lens as being in? I purchased a "like new" DA 40mm from the warehouse deals and it arrived in the original box with all accessories and paperwork.
It’s: Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. The price is $200 cheaper than their listed price but it’s not the best.

---------- Post added 11-15-2019 at 08:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Gotta love AMAZON's shipping department. My 24-70 bought new came in a plastic bag. An unbreakable $10.00 oil filter wrench was shipped in 3 boxes with bubble wrap. My $70 case for my classical guitar was shipped in 2 boxes. The $1000.00 classical guitar was shipped in the box from the manufacturer with no padding as was smashed to heck, sent it back and ordered from Sweetwater which used bubble wrap and an outer box to ship.

Living in the country we use AMAZON a lot and I just have to scratch my head at the stuff I've seen them do. If they ever make returns harder, they're business would suffer greatly.
I experienced the same. Maybe they need to increase their minimum wage for their workers.
11-19-2019, 12:02 AM   #34
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
Original Poster
The deal is up again with 2x in stock. Go! Go!

11-19-2019, 02:09 AM   #35
Veteran Member

I still can see the offering at 1699USD, 2 left in stock!
Pity it is in the US and not European deal
11-19-2019, 02:49 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Someone please make these go away! I really want this, but I really want to buy the DFA 150-450 or 70-200 first..
11-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The deal is up again with 2x in stock. Go! Go!
Now it says "Only 3 left in stock - order soon". So tempting but I really can't justify that much expense.

11-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Dang, the deal is back... I better not look.
11-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have an Amazon Visa Card. I can get 0% interest for 18 months. I’m one click away from having it on Thursday.

But I have a ton of APS-C lenses for my two APS-C bodies and 5 of the 6 Ltd. I suppose my old F 50mm 1.7, my DFA 100mm Macro, my DA*300 w/1.4 TC and the 28-105 would cover most of what I normally shoot. As I understand it, DA lenses can be used in crop mode at lower MP. Probably ok for what I shoot anyway...

I don’t need Full Frame. I dont need Full Frame. I don’t need full frame.
11-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
As I understand it, DA lenses can be used in crop mode at lower MP.
Yes, the K-1 does provide a crop mode with similar resolution to a K-5 IIs. However, you can also use the APSC lenses in full frame mode and crop later. Depending on the lens, you can get a larger picture that way, or avoid having to rotate the camera for vertical shots. I had better stop now, or I will talk myself into hitting the 'Buy Now' button.
11-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #41
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, the K-1 does provide a crop mode with similar resolution to a K-5 IIs. However, you can also use the APSC lenses in full frame mode and crop later. Depending on the lens, you can get a larger picture that way, or avoid having to rotate the camera for vertical shots. I had better stop now, or I will talk myself into hitting the 'Buy Now' button.
Also remember this deal is with the D FA 28-105mm WR lens with great image resolution so it would cover most of the standard zoom range too.

Don't hit the buy button.
11-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #42
Forum Member

Original Poster
Someone must pulled the trigger. Now 2x in stock.
11-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #43
Veteran Member

I use the APS-c limited's in square crop a lot. Works a treat. Like having a digital Hasselblad.
11-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
I use the APS-c limited's in square crop a lot. Works a treat. Like having a digital Hasselblad.
Curious what size image you end up with the DA 21? Don't reply too quick, or I may have to hit the 'Buy Now' button on the only one they have left in stock. I'm sure my DA 14 wouldn't gain that much on full frame anyway.
11-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Curious what size image you end up with the DA 21? Don't reply too quick, or I may have to hit the 'Buy Now' button on the only one they have left in stock. I'm sure my DA 14 wouldn't gain that much on full frame anyway.
Did you hit the button? Only one left!