Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wacom Intuos Tablet (small) - $49.99 at BH, Adorama, Amazon
Posted By: micromacro, 11-29-2019, 11:34 AM

For those mouse editors , it's a sweet price to discover the new meaning of editing.

I bought mine for $100 a year ago, and now can't imagine how I used to live without it. It's simple, small, wired ( which is gives pretty reliable pen sensitivity) tablet. Perfect for starters.

Prices are the same everywhere, here is one link on BH site

Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (Small, Black) CTL4100 B&H
Views: 659
11-29-2019, 11:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do you use this in your editing workflow? I get how this works for drawing, not following what you'd use it for while editing.
11-29-2019, 11:48 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
How do you use this in your editing workflow? I get how this works for drawing, not following what you'd use it for while editing.
For example, when you use selection tool in Photoshop, or Elements, you hold and move the mouse. With tablet you move the pen on the tablet instead. The same with cloning, or healing brush, with any brushes actually. Brushing on layer masks, etc. You just move the pen on tablet.
11-30-2019, 05:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
For example, when you use selection tool in Photoshop, or Elements, you hold and move the mouse. With tablet you move the pen on the tablet instead. The same with cloning, or healing brush, with any brushes actually. Brushing on layer masks, etc. You just move the pen on tablet.
I get the idea conceptually I guess but I'm having trouble probably since I do little of that type of editing.

11-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #5
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

I would like to see a video of someone using it in that fashion with Raw therapee or Darktable since I am not a big fan of the subscription software sales model that Adobe uses to print stacks of cash.
What is strange is that some of the artists I know who do color separations using PS and have a tablet, pretty much always just use a mouse!
11-30-2019, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I would like to see a video of someone using it in that fashion with Raw therapee or Darktable since I am not a big fan of the subscription software sales model that Adobe uses to print stacks of cash.
What is strange is that some of the artists I know who do color separations using PS and have a tablet, pretty much always just use a mouse!
I guess everyone has personal preferences. Now I can't go back to frequency separation (especially on color layer) with endless mouse clicks when my hand hurt after that. It's easy just to "use a pen".
11-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is tempting . . . I wish I could tell if Small is too small.
11-30-2019, 10:56 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
This is tempting . . . I wish I could tell if Small is too small.
Mine has scratched "working" area about 7 dots by 8 dots on the middle, you can figure out that area. That's the spot I use the most. And I use it intensively since I also paint (and do some image composites as well) in Autodesk Sketchbook.

12-01-2019, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If anyone was interested, Amazon also has the bluetooth variant on sale for 79.99.

Wacom Intuos Wireless Graphics Drawing Tablet with 3 Bonus Software Included, 7.9" X 6.3", Black (CTL4100WLK0)
12-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
One more thing- it's better to buy extra nibs, they go so fast.